Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Distribution List in shell script Post 302961046 by rbatte1 on Monday 23rd of November 2015 09:50:43 AM
Old 11-23-2015
Do you mean it is an e-mail distribution list, an SMS distribution list or something else perhaps?

Each may have their own format to code a list in. Can you show us the code that you are trying to use this in? Perhaps even just the bit where it is needed, i.e . the call to send e-mail or whatever.

Thanks,
Robin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell script to return all the ID's from file based on the distribution ID search

Hi, Please help me out on this I have to store some distribution lists(dl) in a file say mail.txt Say the file format be d1 = alok@yahoo.co.in;alvin@rediffmail.com;vijay@yahoo.com; & so on... d2 = abhinav@gmail.com;dalpit@hotmail.com;garima@yahoo.com;& so on... d3 = .... & so on Now what... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kumbhatalok
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to list filenames with spaces in shell script

Hi, I want to list all the files matching in a directory directory given below Here one of the folder has a space in the path. /MAS02/RMS/WBDev/Krishna/Krishna Mohan/FMSplitByKeyAfterChanges1000075383.fileman.*.txt.out.1000075383.0 The following works from command line... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hikrishn
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting a list of files on an ftp, via shell script...

G'day, I was wanting to write a shell script that checks an ftp server for the presence of new files, then get those files. In so much as the get, this is pretty straight forward, but I cannot work out how to get a list of files to check. Is it possible for a shell script to get the output of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Elric of Grans
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to connect to a list of IP by ftp in shell script

Hi everyone, I have to maintenance an old script unix (#!bin/sh) that get files from remote host by ftp. There is a configuration file that contains a list of IP; the script reads this file, one line by line, and per each IP execute these commands: echo "verbose on" > ftprap.cmd echo "prompt... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: molfrome
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script Create List of Deleted Files

Hi, I want to put all the deleted files in a txt file. Because i want to backup my image server which has thousands of jpg images. I wrote a shell script which will copies images from image server to backup image server. I setup a cronjob which runs on every five minutes. & through timestamp it... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mirfan
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

String compare with list in shell script

Hi , I am new to shell scripting. below is my requirement : 1) while running my .sh i will pass a string 2) i have to extract a folder name under a /config folder 3) i need to compare a input string in the folder name list 4) if that is true i have to continue my job else i have to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajinavaneethan
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help shell script to list filename file_path

HI owner date and time and size of file in a row shell script to list filename file_path i have tried the below code present_dir=`pwd` dir=`dirname $0` list=`ls -lrt | awk {'print $9,$3,$6,$7,$8'}` size=`du -h` path=`cd $dir;pwd;` printf "$list" printf "$path" printf " $size" ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: abiram
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating IN list in PLSQL script dynamically by using shell script

Hi all, I have a PLSQL script which has a IN list where it takes some ids as input. For example SELECT * FROM EMPLOYEE WHERE EMPLOYEE_ID IN (comma separated list ) I want to run this quest inside a shell script but I would like to prepare the IN list dynamically where the employee ids... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LoneRanger
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help with a shell script? List files, delete them and log them

Hello, i'm trying to solve this script. List, one at a time, all files larger than 100K in the /home/username directory tree. Give the user the option to delete or compress the file, then proceed to show the next one. Write to a logfile the names of all deleted files and the deletion times. I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jose2802
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

List Files being deleted in a shell script

Good evening, i need your help please I've got a file script thet deletes about half millions of files, and i want those files to be printed in a log file as an evidence those files were removed. #/bin/sh rm "/home/e-smith/files/users/bill/Maildir/cur/1392373930.28512.comp01:2,S" rm... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexcol
6 Replies
SMS::Send::Driver(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				    SMS::Send::Driver(3pm)

NAME
SMS::Send::Driver - Base class for SMS::Send drivers DESCRIPTION
The "SMS::Send::Driver" class provides an abstract base class for all SMS::Send driver classes. At this time it does not provide any implementation code for drivers (although this may change in the future) with the exception of some methods provided to trigger "does not implement method" errors. However, it does serve as something you should sub-class your driver from to identify it as a SMS::Send driver. Please note that if your driver class not not return true for "$driver-"isa('SMS::Send::Driver')> then the SMS::Send constructor will refuse to use your class as a driver. METHODS
new The "new" constructor is required to be implemented by your driver subclass. It recieves a set of arbitrary paired params. The values of these params are assumed to be driver-specific (this is expected to change). If your driver will need to login to some system, locate hardware, or do some other form of initialisation to validate the SMS delivery mechanism exists, it should do so in "new". Should return a new SMS::Send::Driver-subclass object, or die on error. send_sms The "send_sms" method is required to be implemented by your driver subclass. It recieves a set of param pairs as documented in SMS::Send. Should return true for either success or fire-and-forget with unknown result, defined-but-false ('' or 0) for a failed message send, or die on a fatal error. SUPPORT
Bugs should be reported via the CPAN bug tracker at http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/ReportBug.html?Queue=SMS-Send <http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/ReportBug.html?Queue=SMS-Send> For other issues, contact the author. AUTHOR
Adam Kennedy <adamk@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2005 - 2011 Adam Kennedy. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of the license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. perl v5.14.2 2011-11-09 SMS::Send::Driver(3pm)