Sponsored Content
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators How to Post in the The UNIX and Linux Forums Help me, write a bash script to delete parent entry with all their child entry in LDAP UNIX server Post 302960924 by RudiC on Sunday 22nd of November 2015 02:41:25 AM
Old 11-22-2015
Without knowing the infrastructure of the LDAP system, if that's just text config files: yes, your request should be doable. Give some more details.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

shutting down 5.7 on Intel: failed to write of utmpx entry

When shutting down a freshly installed version of 5.7 on a Compaq server I get two messages: INIT: failed to write of utmpx entry: "s0" and: INIT: failed to write of utmpx entry: "fw" then I can continue with the shutdown. When I bring the system back up it has not saved any of my... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DarkLord
2 Replies

2. SCO

Failed Write of utmpx entry

I had a drive go bad. I have replaced the drive and have my system up. I have a 1-to-1 mirror raid. My mirrored boot drive brings the system up. I issued a reboot command. The system comes up gives me a login prompt and generates the error: failed write of utmpx entry:"i2". What is i2? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jwideman
1 Replies

3. Programming

Whant to write an entry in /etc/passwd (putpwent)

Hi i try to use the function putpwent to write a simple entry in "/etc/passwd" putpwnet returns 0 as it works but notething writes to /etc/passwd. What have i missed? My os -------- root@nighter-laptop:/home/nighter/labb# uname -a Linux nighter-laptop 2.6.22-14-generic #1 SMP Sun Oct 14... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nighter
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to edit file and delete entry

Can anyone provide me a shell script to edit a xml file and delete one entry. To do manually i can edit(vi editor) the file and 'dd' will delete the file.But I wiluld to know if I can do with a script. Thanks in advance Tannu (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tannu
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix script to detect new file entry in directory

Hi All, I want to detect each new file coming / getting created in unix directory. When every new file came to directory, i have to get its details like its size , date and time stamp and store it into another file. Could any one please tell me , how i can achieve that? Thanks. (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: james_1984
13 Replies

6. Programming

physical delete parent - child

hi , I have 4 tables 1.table 1 2.table 2 ==> delete from here 3.table 3 4.table 4 table 2 & table 3 has pk_fk relationship table 1 & table 4 ha spk_fk relationship basically i wanted to do physical delete few rows from table 2 (Parent), it should delete from... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: balajikalai
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to write a new entry at the beginning of a log file instead of at the end?

Hi Ladies and Gents, Explanation of my question with an example: Let's consider the script: backup_every_hour.sh #!/bin/bash rsync -auv $dir $backup_dir >> backup_every_hour_script.log Each time this script is called there will be a new entry at the end of the file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: freddie50
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modifying/Adding in the DNS server entry using shell script

Dear Experts. I need to add/modify the entries in the DNS server and this has to be achieved using shell script and below is the requirement, could you please let me know if a shell script can be written for this task? 1. Log in to primary DNS server 2. Check /etc/named.conf if zone is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: VKIRUPHAKARAN
4 Replies

9. Solaris

Set password in bash script without manual entry-Solaris 10

Hi I have a root script which is setting up user and his dirs and so on. After I create user and set up all the necessary I have to manually set user password. I try all possible ways what google find me and nothing works for me. If maybe one of you have a solution for my problem it will be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jaffakeks
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace multiple "&nbsp;" entry with in <td> tag into single entry using sed?

I have the input file like this. Input file: 12.txt 1) There are one or more than one <tr> tags in same line. 2) Some tr tags may have one <td> or more tna one <td> tags within it. 3) Few <td> tags having "<td> &nbsp; </td>". Few having more than one "&nbsp;" entry in it. <tr> some td... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: thomasraj87
4 Replies
LDAP_TLS(3)						     Library Functions Manual						       LDAP_TLS(3)

NAME
ldap_start_tls, ldap_start_tls_s, ldap_tls_inplace, ldap_install_tls - LDAP TLS initialization routines LIBRARY
OpenLDAP LDAP (libldap, -lldap) SYNOPSIS
#include <ldap.h> int ldap_start_tls(LDAP *ld); int ldap_start_tls_s(LDAP *ld, LDAPControl **serverctrls, LDAPControl **clientctrls); int ldap_tls_inplace(LDAP *ld); int ldap_install_tls(LDAP *ld); DESCRIPTION
These routines are used to initiate TLS processing on an LDAP session. ldap_start_tls_s() sends a StartTLS request to a server, waits for the reply, and then installs TLS handlers on the session if the request succeeded. The routine returns LDAP_SUCCESS if everything suc- ceeded, otherwise it returns an LDAP error code. ldap_start_tls() sends a StartTLS request to a server and does nothing else. It returns LDAP_SUCCESS if the request was sent successfully. ldap_tls_inplace() returns 1 if TLS handlers have been installed on the specified ses- sion, 0 otherwise. ldap_install_tls() installs the TLS handlers on the given session. It returns LDAP_LOCAL_ERROR if TLS is already installed. SEE ALSO
ldap(3), ldap_error(3) ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
OpenLDAP Software is developed and maintained by The OpenLDAP Project <http://www.openldap.org/>. OpenLDAP Software is derived from the University of Michigan LDAP 3.3 Release. OpenLDAP 2017/06/01 LDAP_TLS(3)