Sponsored Content
The Lounge War Stories Any change on youtube for good? Post 302960903 by 1in10 on Saturday 21st of November 2015 02:25:00 PM
Old 11-21-2015
Any change on youtube for good?

I could not find the proper forum for this, though reading the headlines, but there is one struggle for normal downloads.

I need a hint for the former normal download. About two weeks it may be that the well known youtube platform makes it quite dificult to download some files. So I tried wget, aria2c and many addons more to just download non classified videos. Can anybody help me out, how to manage truly a fast download via wget or aria2c. Both ending up just fetching the html-page. Many thanks in advance.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. What is on Your Mind?

How to use YouTube tags

We have tags to allow embedding a YouTube video in a thread. Here is how they work.... First I need to find the url of a YouTube video that I want to use. Here is one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Do5vj3D-OD4 That "Do5vj3D-OD4" is the key. So I can do this: Rakim by Dead Can Dance... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perderabo
0 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Nice YouTube Videos

What are they doing? :D kyJHeIqYoLQ ---------- Post updated 11-14-09 at 10:24 AM ---------- Previous update was 11-13-09 at 04:53 PM ---------- Heard of them? Who's them? :b: Totally Hidden Extreme Magic (1/6) mSLMOUOtaQQ Totally Hidden Extreme Magic (2/6) 2bwp2GUrNNc Totally... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcguy
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Problems to install youtube-dl

Hello, I have been experimenting several difficulties to install youtube-dl. On its website, it suggests four different ways of installing it, using curl, wget, pip or brew. I tried the first one following the command that they gave: which resulted in: The second suggestions that tells... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: colt
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Change text font to greater one in this very good MOTIF texteditor ?

Hi, i have here found a very good texteditor source code programmed in the MOTIF GUI language. For myself i need NOTHING else to program. To start from a very easy point of view i want to RUN this editor on my LINUX machine and type simple C code. The reason for this post is that the text... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sennenmut
7 Replies
JIGDO-LITE(1)															     JIGDO-LITE(1)

NAME
jigdo-lite - Download jigdo files using wget SYNOPSIS
jigdo-lite [ URL ] DESCRIPTION
See jigdo-file(1) for an introduction to Jigsaw Download. Given the URL of a `.jigdo' file, jigdo-lite downloads the large file (e.g. a CD image) that has been made available through that URL. wget(1) is used to download the necessary pieces of administrative data (contained in the `.jigdo' file and a corresponding `.template' file) as well as the many pieces that the large file is made from. The jigdo-file(1) utility is used to reconstruct the large file from the pieces. `.jigdo' files that contain references to Debian mirrors are treated specially: When such a file is recognized, you are asked to select one mirror out of a list of all Debian mirrors. If URL is not given on the command line, the script prompts for a location to download the `.jigdo' file from. The following command line options are recognized: -h --help Output short summary of command syntax. -v --version Output version number. --scan FILES Do not ask for "Files to scan", use this path. --noask Do not ask any questions, instead behave as if the user had pressed Return at all prompts. This can be useful when running jigdo- lite from cron jobs or in other non-interactive environments. SEE ALSO
jigdo-file(1), jigdo-mirror(1), wget(1) (or `info wget') CD images for Debian Linux can be downloaded with jigdo <URL:http://www.debian.org/CD/jigdo-cd/>. AUTHOR
Jigsaw Download <URL:http://atterer.net/jigdo/> was written by Richard Atterer <jigdo atterer.net>, to make downloading of CD ROM images for the Debian Linux distribution more convenient. 19 May 2006 JIGDO-LITE(1)