Sponsored Content
The Lounge War Stories Any change on youtube for good? Post 302960903 by 1in10 on Saturday 21st of November 2015 02:25:00 PM
Old 11-21-2015
Any change on youtube for good?

I could not find the proper forum for this, though reading the headlines, but there is one struggle for normal downloads.

I need a hint for the former normal download. About two weeks it may be that the well known youtube platform makes it quite dificult to download some files. So I tried wget, aria2c and many addons more to just download non classified videos. Can anybody help me out, how to manage truly a fast download via wget or aria2c. Both ending up just fetching the html-page. Many thanks in advance.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. What is on Your Mind?

How to use YouTube tags

We have tags to allow embedding a YouTube video in a thread. Here is how they work.... First I need to find the url of a YouTube video that I want to use. Here is one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Do5vj3D-OD4 That "Do5vj3D-OD4" is the key. So I can do this: Rakim by Dead Can Dance... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perderabo
0 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Nice YouTube Videos

What are they doing? :D kyJHeIqYoLQ ---------- Post updated 11-14-09 at 10:24 AM ---------- Previous update was 11-13-09 at 04:53 PM ---------- Heard of them? Who's them? :b: Totally Hidden Extreme Magic (1/6) mSLMOUOtaQQ Totally Hidden Extreme Magic (2/6) 2bwp2GUrNNc Totally... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcguy
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Problems to install youtube-dl

Hello, I have been experimenting several difficulties to install youtube-dl. On its website, it suggests four different ways of installing it, using curl, wget, pip or brew. I tried the first one following the command that they gave: which resulted in: The second suggestions that tells... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: colt
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Change text font to greater one in this very good MOTIF texteditor ?

Hi, i have here found a very good texteditor source code programmed in the MOTIF GUI language. For myself i need NOTHING else to program. To start from a very easy point of view i want to RUN this editor on my LINUX machine and type simple C code. The reason for this post is that the text... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sennenmut
7 Replies
debpear(1)						      General Commands Manual							debpear(1)

NAME
debpear - automatically builds and installs PEAR packages as Debian packages SYNOPSIS
debpear [options] <pear-package-name> DESCRIPTION
debpear is a tool to automatically create and build a Debian package out of a PHP PEAR package. It will download the PEAR package from pear.php.net, then by looking into it, create the corresponding Debian package, and eventually also installs it. PARAMETERS
<pear-package-name> Defines the PEAR package name you want to install, as seen on the http://pear.php.net/ site. Make sure respect the case in the name of the package (for example: Package_NAME). OPTIONS
--build-dir|-b Specify the directory where the Debian package will be built. --verbose|-v Makes debpear more verbose. --channel|-c channel Specify the URL channel of the PEAR package. Currently not implemented: please contribute! --tarball|-t tarball --pkg-version|-pv pkg-version [ --wget|-w URL ] Do not use "pear download" to optain the PEAR package from upstream authors. Instead, use tarball and use pkg-version when building the package. Eventually also download the tarball from URL using wget before building. --install|-i Install the resulting debian package in your system. Note that you must be root to use this option. If you aren't root, then debpear will try to get root using sudo. EXAMPLE
debpear -i Auth_RADIUS This will create a php-auth-radius package in ./build-area, and automatically install it. Because it's written in the package.xml shipped with Auth_RADIUS at pear.php.net, php-auth-radius will depend on php5-radius. debpear -t current.tgz -pv 1.3.1 -w http://downloads.jasig.org/cas-clients/php/current.tgz CAS Downloads cas-clients from http://downloads.jasig.org/cas-clients/php/current.tgz, as current.tgz in the current directory, then builds it as if it was downloaded as CAS-1.3.1.tgz by "pear download". IMPORTANT
Note that the debian/copyright file generated by debpear isn't good enough for redistribution of the created packages. You should carefuly review the PEAR package license before doing so. Also, debpear has been created for convenience, but it will never replace the manual work of an experienced Debian maintainer for creating PEAR packages. It can, however, be used to create a template pack- age quickly, before a careful review, in order to save time building a Debian PEAR package. AUTHORS
debpear has been written by Thomas Goirand <zigo@debian.org>, and is maintained inside the PKG PHP PEAR Debian team, that can be reached at: <pkg-php-pear@lists.alioth.debian.org>. debpear(1)