Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO USB Printing for SCO UNIX OpenServer 5.0.7 Post 302960895 by hicksd8 on Saturday 21st of November 2015 07:15:05 AM
Old 11-21-2015
Which knowledgebase are you looking at??

---------- Post updated at 12:15 PM ---------- Previous update was at 12:14 PM ----------

Configuring a USB Printer for System V LP

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sco Unix OpenServer Release 3.0

hi everybody I have got a set of sco unix open server release 3.0 flopyy disks series N1, N2, M1, P1...P43, Release notes.. ý did a fresh installation. but ý cant install ethernet card. when ý use netconfig-ad a chain -tcpip... there is a messge : the sco contain TCP/IP driver. and ý... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaygusuz
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Books for administration in Unix SCO OpenServer Release 5

Hi, I am a new user to the Server SCO OpenServer(TM) Release 5. Could you please advise any books for me to have a comprehensive view of how to administrate this Unix server. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rogercko
1 Replies

3. SCO

in sco unix 5.0.6 ,can i use the USB?

I have a USB,can i use it in the sco unix 5.0.6? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fresh
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sco Unix printing : jobs hangs in queue - printing via lp versus hpnpf

Hi, We have a Unix 3.2v5.0.5. I installed a printer via scoadmin, HP network printer manager with network peripheral name (hostname and ipadres are in /etc/hosts). This is the configuration file : Code: root@sco1 # cat configurationBanner: on:AlwaysContent types: simpleDevice:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: haezeban
0 Replies

5. SCO

SCO UNIX OpenServer 5.0.7 on Gigabyte GA-X58A-OC Motherboard

Does anyone here have experience with running SCO UNIX OpenServer 5.0.7 on the Gigabyte GA-X58A-OC motherboard? Are there any problems? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Transpower
2 Replies

6. SCO

Subverison in Sco unix openserver 5.0.7

Hi everybody I'm going to install svn client in sco unix openserver 5.0.7 where should I start ? I have no Idea what to do ? tnx (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: javad1_maroofi
3 Replies

7. SCO

SCO Unix OpenServer 5.0.5 Media Kit

My client has lost the SCO OS 5.0.5 install media. However, they do have a working SCO 5.0.5 system, but is crumbling apart. Where can I find the SCO OS 5.0.5 install media? Or can I get a copy of the SCO CD as a ISO file? Your help is much appreciated. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: chedlee88-1
7 Replies

8. SCO

ESATA on SCO UNIX OpenServer 5.0.7

Has anyone here used eSATA drives on SCO UNIX OpenServer 5.0.7? SCSI host adapters and drives are getting harder to find, so I'm thinking about eventually switching to eSATA, but only, of course, if they will work with OpenServer. (2 Replies)
2 Replies

9. SCO

Usb Flash in SCO UNIX 5.0.6

hi How can I use my USB Flash memory in Sco 5.0.6 tanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: moein.mojtaba
1 Replies

10. SCO

Any Other Browser for SCO UNIX OpenServer?

Obviously, the client browsers which came with SCO UNIX OpenServer, Netscape and Mozilla, are horribly outdated now. Does anyone know of a relatively current browser which will work in their place? (2 Replies)
2 Replies
UBT(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						    UBT(4)

NAME
ubt -- USB Bluetooth driver SYNOPSIS
ubt* at uhub? port ? configuration ? interface ? DESCRIPTION
The ubt driver provides support for USB Bluetooth dongles to the Bluetooth protocol stack. USB Bluetooth dongles provide two interfaces, both of which the ubt driver claims. The second interface is used for Isochronous data and will have several alternate configurations regarding bandwidth consumption, which can be set using the hw.ubtN.config sysctl(8) variable. The number of alternate configurations is indicated by the value in the hw.ubtN.alt_config variable, and the isoc frame size for the current configuration is shown in the hw.ubtN.sco_rxsize and hw.ubtN.sco_txsize variables. By default, configuration 0 is selected, which means that no bandwidth is used on the Isochronous interface and no SCO data can be sent. Consult the Bluetooth USB specification at https://www.bluetooth.org/ for complete instructions on setting bandwidth consumption. The fol- lowing extract may be useful as a general guidance though details may differ between manufacturers. 0 No active voice channels 1 One voice channel with 8-bit encoding 2 Two voice channels with 8-bit encoding, or one voice channel with 16-bit encoding. 3 Three voice channels with 8-bit encoding 4 Two voice channels with 16-bit encoding 5 Three voice channels with 16-bit encoding SEE ALSO
bluetooth(4), uhub(4), sysctl(8) HISTORY
This ubt device driver was originally a character device written by David Sainty and Lennart Augustsson. It was rewritten to support socket based Bluetooth access for NetBSD 4.0 by Iain Hibbert. CAVEATS
Isochronous data is seemingly not well supported over USB in the current system and to get SCO working, you may have to calculate the SCO packet size that the stack will use. This is the sco_mtu value reported by the btconfig(8) command, and when combined with the SCO header (3 bytes) should fit exactly into an integer number of Isochronous data frames where the frame size is indicated by the 'hw.ubtN.sco_txsize' sysctl variable. For example: I want one voice channel (which is all that is supported, for now) so am using configuration #2, with a frame length of 17 bytes. This gives possible values of: (17 * 1) - 3 = 14 (17 * 2) - 3 = 31 (17 * 3) - 3 = 48 (17 * 4) - 3 = 65 (17 * 5) - 3 = 82 etc. btconfig(8) shows the maximum SCO payload as 64 bytes, so I am using the next smaller size of 48, to minimize the overhead of the 3 header bytes. The SCO packet size can be changed using the 'scomtu' option to btconfig(8). The failure mode is that the USB Bluetooth dongle locks up though generally removal/reinsertion will clear the problem. BUGS
The Isochronous configuration can only be changed when the device is not marked up. BSD
August 27, 2006 BSD