Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Issue with Grep
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Issue with Grep Post 302960861 by NickF on Friday 20th of November 2015 10:04:38 AM
Old 11-20-2015
Sorry - I thought it was ok on the reply. Here's the code again..
Code:
EXTRACT_Date=$(date --date="${PERIOD}" +"%a %b %_d")
more "${CHK_FILE}" | grep -F "${EXTRACT_Date}" > ${SRC_FILE}
echo "grep -F "${EXTRACT_Date}" > ${SRC_FILE}"
echo "${EXTRACT_Date}"

the data

Code:
Thu Oct  1 05:50:03 2015 [pid 85454] CONNECT: Client "194.115.88.90"

and the result

Code:
grep -F Thu Oct 1 > /var/upload/edi/adminedi/Dev_Scripts/ftplog.txt
Thu Oct  1

Hope I did it correctly this time..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

issue with grep

using grep, i have a file emp.lst, and i want all those records where "S" or "s" (capital or small) is not there i used this grep emp.lst when i use grep emp.lst i am getting rows with S..but why negate (^) is not working? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: soujanya_srk
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Issue with grep

I have a file that has the following: 591066 100.0 591066 100.0 591066 100.0 591066 100.0 591066 100.0 591066 100.0 591066 100.0 591066 100.0 591066 100.0 591066 100.0 591066 100.0 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pablo_beezo
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep Issue

<record> <set> <termId>1234</termId> <termType>First</termType> </set> <set> <termId>5678</termId> <termType>Second</termType> </set> </record> This is saved in record.xml Hi I have this sample XML that i am grepping using a shell program. The objective of the task is - based... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: revertback
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep issue

The below command is not working stackmem="$(pmap $1 | grep -i '' | awk '{print $2}'| tr -d ' K')" I need to grep strictly for ----> Regards, Mohtashim (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep issue

more Hello.txt it was a sunny way and i was about to go home. I need to grep and redirect to a new file all the text between 'sunny' and 'go' string above. Note: There may be multiple lines in between the string i need to grep between. If there are multiple 'go' strings it should grep till... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep issue

Hi All I have a file containing following records: $HEW_TGT_DB2_USER=hbme_bi2 $prmAttunityUser=ais $DS_USER=hbme_bi2 $prmStgUser=hbme_bi2 $prmuser=hbme_bi2 $prmStgPass=hbme_bi2 $prmpwd=hbme_bi2 $prmAttunityUser=ais Say suppose the name of the file is test4.txt When i fire this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vee_789
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue in grep

i have following pattern in file s6:s2 s2:s4 s1:s2:s3:s4:s5:s6 s1 . . Now i want to find occurence of each record in file like s6:s2 occurs twice {once in first record and both occur in 3 record as well} so output should be s6:s2 2 s2:s4 2 s1:s2:s3:s4:s5:s6 :1 s1 : 2 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharad.40216
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep issue

Hi Guys, I am new to shell scripting. Need help on grep command. I had a file called file.log which contain below statements. 12 Nov 2013 14:12:17,756 INFO security - Userid: raja, Saved File Instance, Name: , Registry: 23 Nov 2013 14:14:11,777 INFO security - Userid: raja, Saved... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vinoth Kumar G
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep issue

HI, I have a command to check a license file. License_print. In that file you get the headlines and all different licenses. Now i want to have things extracted from it. so i do like following: license_print | grep -iw -e "user" -e "admin" But i donīt want all lines where user is... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tzwaj
11 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with grep

Hello, I have an input file that looks like so: LDLR LDLRAD4 VLDLR when I grep "LDLR" I get an output of: LDLR LDLRAD4 VLDLR Since all names have "LDLR" included within them, but all I want the output to be is LDLR I know it can work if I surround the words with pipes for... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rabu
5 Replies
mlib_SignalLPCCovariance_S16(3MLIB)			    mediaLib Library Functions			       mlib_SignalLPCCovariance_S16(3MLIB)

NAME
mlib_SignalLPCCovariance_S16, mlib_SignalLPCCovariance_S16_Adp - perform linear predictive coding with covariance method SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -lmlib [ library... ] #include <mlib.h> mlib_status mlib_SignalLPCCovariance_S16(mlib_s16 *coeff, mlib_s32 cscale, const mlib_s16 *signal, void *state); mlib_status mlib_SignalLPCCovariance_S16_Adp(mlib_s16 *coeff, mlib_s32 *cscale, const mlib_s16 *signal, void *state); DESCRIPTION
Each function performs linear predictive coding with covariance method. In linear predictive coding (LPC) model, each speech sample is represented as a linear combination of the past M samples. M s(n) = SUM a(i) * s(n-i) + G * u(n) i=1 where s(*) is the speech signal, u(*) is the excitation signal, and G is the gain constants, M is the order of the linear prediction fil- ter. Given s(*), the goal is to find a set of coefficient a(*) that minimizes the prediction error e(*). M e(n) = s(n) - SUM a(i) * s(n-i) i=1 In covariance method, the coefficients can be obtained by solving following set of linear equations. M SUM a(i) * c(i,k) = c(0,k), k=1,...,M i=1 where N-k-1 c(i,k) = SUM s(j) * s(j+k-i) j=0 are the covariance coefficients of s(*), N is the length of the input speech vector. Note that the covariance matrix R is a symmetric matrix, and the equations can be solved efficiently with Cholesky decomposition method. See Fundamentals of Speech Recognition by Lawrence Rabiner and Biing-Hwang Juang, Prentice Hall, 1993. Note for functions with adaptive scaling (with _Adp postfix), the scaling factor of the output data will be calculated based on the actual data; for functions with non-adaptive scaling (without _Adp postfix), the user supplied scaling factor will be used and the output will be saturated if necessary. PARAMETERS
Each function takes the following arguments: coeff The linear prediction coefficients. cscale The scaling factor of the linear prediction coefficients, where actual_data = output_data * 2**(-scaling_factor). signal The input signal vector with samples in Q15 format. state Pointer to the internal state structure. RETURN VALUES
Each function returns MLIB_SUCCESS if successful. Otherwise it returns MLIB_FAILURE. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Committed | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |MT-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
mlib_SignalLPCCovarianceInit_S16(3MLIB), mlib_SignalLPCCovarianceFree_S16(3MLIB), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 2 Mar 2007 mlib_SignalLPCCovariance_S16(3MLIB)