Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers The professional way to use chmod ? Post 302960842 by fpmurphy on Friday 20th of November 2015 05:14:08 AM
Old 11-20-2015
The two methods are called SYMBOLIC and NUMERIC respectively.
This User Gave Thanks to fpmurphy For This Post:

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Windows XP Professional and FreeBSD

From FreeBSD how could I access files/directories in my Windows XP machine (networked) Is there any program in FreeBSD/Unix that I could use to emulate/control my Windows XP machine and what do I need to enable or install in my Windows XP machine (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: charlie499
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Any Professional Help me in this ?

Hello Here i got a problem, i bought new 40GB hard disk today, i made it as Primary Slave, No when i install Solaris, it says disk need fdisk to make solaris partition, but it does not say which disk need partition, i mean i have two disks, how i suppose to know which disk this will partition,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abidmalik
1 Replies

3. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Professional moderator

Hi there! I liked your forum so much! I'm a professional moderator and I would like to moderate your forum or any part of it. If you are interested in this idea, please apply to me on my e-mail. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: SoulFly
5 Replies

4. Programming

Professional advice on my project

Hi guys, I'm pretty much a newbie to C.I need professional advice on my project.I'm supposed to write a program to scan a directory for .exe files and list them if any and also subsequently scan the subfolders for the same and so on... Any advice on how to do it would be gladly accepted.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakesh_01
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Who actually wrote Professional Linux Programming ?

Hello, Who actually wrote Professional Linux Programming of Wrox publication as there are two different sets of writers, one set consists of Jon Masters and Richard Blum and another set of writers is Neil Mathew with lots of other writers. Plz resolve it. I'm really confused. Regards.. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vectrum
0 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

What is the difference between chmod in solaris and chmod in Linux?

i think it is the same in both... Iam i right? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sumaiya
1 Replies
ENGINE(1SSL)							      OpenSSL							      ENGINE(1SSL)

NAME
openssl-engine, engine - load and query engines SYNOPSIS
openssl engine [ engine... ] [-v] [-vv] [-vvv] [-vvv] [-vvv] [-c] [-t] [-tt] [-pre command] [-post command] [ engine... ] DESCRIPTION
The engine command is used to query the status and capabilities of the specified engine's. Engines may be specified before and after all other command-line flags. Only those specified are queried. OPTIONS
-v -vv -vvv -vvvv Provides information about each specified engine. The first flag lists all the possible run-time control commands; the second adds a description of each command; the third adds the input flags, and the final option adds the internal input flags. -c Lists the capabilities of each engine. -t Tests if each specified engine is available, and displays the answer. -tt Displays an error trace for any unavailable engine. -pre command -post command Command-line configuration of engines. The -pre command is given to the engine before it is loaded and the -post command is given after the engine is loaded. The command is of the form cmd:val where cmd is the command, and val is the value for the command. See the example below. EXAMPLE
To list all the commands available to a dynamic engine: $ openssl engine -t -tt -vvvv dynamic (dynamic) Dynamic engine loading support [ unavailable ] SO_PATH: Specifies the path to the new ENGINE shared library (input flags): STRING NO_VCHECK: Specifies to continue even if version checking fails (boolean) (input flags): NUMERIC ID: Specifies an ENGINE id name for loading (input flags): STRING LIST_ADD: Whether to add a loaded ENGINE to the internal list (0=no,1=yes,2=mandatory) (input flags): NUMERIC DIR_LOAD: Specifies whether to load from 'DIR_ADD' directories (0=no,1=yes,2=mandatory) (input flags): NUMERIC DIR_ADD: Adds a directory from which ENGINEs can be loaded (input flags): STRING LOAD: Load up the ENGINE specified by other settings (input flags): NO_INPUT To list the capabilities of the rsax engine: $ openssl engine -c (rsax) RSAX engine support [RSA] (dynamic) Dynamic engine loading support ENVIRONMENT
OPENSSL_ENGINES The path to the engines directory. SEE ALSO
config(5) COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2016-2018 The OpenSSL Project Authors. All Rights Reserved. Licensed under the OpenSSL license (the "License"). You may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You can obtain a copy in the file LICENSE in the source distribution or at <https://www.openssl.org/source/license.html>. 1.1.1a 2018-12-18 ENGINE(1SSL)