Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Big pattern file matching within another pattern file in awk or shell Post 302960839 by RudiC on Friday 20th of November 2015 04:55:41 AM
Old 11-20-2015
Some comments on top of what Don Cragun said:
awk -F "," keys.txt '{print $1}' can't possibly work (reverse order of arguments) and is superfluous - you could simply read IFS="," key_ REST; ... < keys.txt
grep -v ",-1$" is pointless as (at least in the samples given) there's no line ending in "-1"
And, for each line in keys.txt times each matching line in file1.txt, you run 10 processes to extract a few fields - no surprise that is slow.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pattern matching for file

Hi All, I'm new to perl, My requirement is to check if particular file exists. e.g. filename.txt, filename1.txt, filename2.txt etc I tried the below code:- my $var1 = "filename.txt" if ( -e ($var1 = ~ /file\w/)) { print "File found \n"; } else { print "File not found \n"; } ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: doitnow
0 Replies

2. Programming

File Pattern Matching C++

Hi, I have large files with fixed length fields or fields seperated by delimeter. I would like to do validation on some or all fields to check for numeric or date or characters etc.. I would like to write this in C++. Please let me know if any one have any ideas on this. Thanks for all... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rameshmelam
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

PERL pattern matching in a file

Hi Gurus, I have a file like below.. I have to match each with predefined pattern. If matches then have to write the entire record to a separate file. If not make the value as NULL and write the entire record into another file. | is the delimiter ravi123|2344|M R123Vi|2345|F... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: pvksandeep
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with matching pattern inside a file

I have a huge file that has roughly 30304 lines. I need to extract specific info from that file. For example, Box 1 > *aaaaaaaajjjj* > hbbvjvj > jdnnfddllll > *dgdfhfekwjh* Box 2 > *aaaaaaa'aj'jjj* > dse hkjuejef bfdw > dyeee > dsewq > *dgdfhfekwjh* >feweiuei Box 3 > *aaaa"aaaaj"jjj* >... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ernst
25 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get matching string pattern from a file

Hi, file -> temp.txt cat temp.txt /home/pradeep/123/a_asp.html /home/pradeep/123/a_asp1.html /home/pradeep/435/a_asp2.html /home/pradeep/arun/abc/a_dfr.html /home/pradeep/arun/123/a_kir.html /home/pradeep/123/arun/a_dir.html .... .... .. i need to get a_*.html(bolded strings... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pradebban
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK match $1 $2 pattern in file 1 to $1 $2 pattern in file2

Hi, I have 2 files that I have modified to basically match each other, however I want to determine what (if any) line in file 1 does not exist in file 2. I need to match column $1 and $2 as a single string in file1 to $1 and $2 in file2 as these two columns create a match. I'm stuck in an AWK... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: right_coaster
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk pattern matching and shell issue.

Please help me in this issue. I am unable to get the job,seems the awk not browsing the files. Please find my tries below. I have attached two files : 1.tobesearched.txt - a glimpse of a huge log file. 2.searchstring.txt - searching keys. these are the two scripts i tried writing: ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: deboprio
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - writing matching pattern to a new file and deleting it from the current file

Hello , I have comma delimited file with over 20 fileds that i need to do some validations on. I have to check if certain fields are null and then write the line containing the null field into a new file and then delete the line from the current file. Can someone tell me how i could go... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: goddevil
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to append portion of a file content to another file when a certain pattern is matching?

Hi ladies and gentleman.. I have two text file with me. I need to replace one of the file content to another file if one both files have a matching pattern. Example: text1.txt: ABCD 1234567,HELLO_WORLDA,HELLO_WORLDB DCBA 3456789,HELLO_WORLDE,HELLO_WORLDF text2.txt: XXXX,ABCD... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: bananamen
25 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk: Matching Pattern From other file with length

Hi, I have input file whose first column needs(match.txt) to be matched with the first column of the input file with min & max length as defined in match.txt. But conditions are not matching. Please help on the changes in the code below as for multiple enteries in match.txt complete match.txt will... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: siramitsharma
3 Replies
IXPC(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   IXPC(1)

NAME
ixpc - ixp client SYNOPSIS
ixpc [-a address] action file ixpc -v DESCRIPTION
Overview ixpc is a client to access a 9P file server from the command line or from shell scripts. It can be used to configure wmii(1). Options -a address Lets you specify the address to which ixpc will establish a connection. If this option is not supplied, and the environment variable IXP_ADDRESS is set, ixpc will use this value as its address. Currently, the address can only be a unix socket file or a tcp socket. The syntax for address is taken (along with many other profound ideas) from the Plan 9 operating system and has the form unix!/path/to/socket for unix socket files, and tcp!hostname!port for tcp sockets. -v Prints version information to stdout, then exits. The syntax of the actions is as follows: write Writes the supplied data from the standard input to file, overwriting any previous data. The data to be written is arbitrary and only gains meaning (and restrictions) when it is interpreted by wmiiwm(1). See EXAMPLES below. xwrite The same as write, but the data is taken from subsequent arguments, rather than the standard input. create Creates file or directory. If the file exists, nothing is done. ls Lists files and directories. read Reads file or directory contents. remove Removes file or directory tree. ENVIRONMENT
IXP_ADDRESS See above. EXAMPLES
ixpc ls / This prints the root directory of the wmii filesystem, if IXP_ADDRESS is set to the address of wmii. For more information about the contents of this filesystem, see wmiiwm(1). ixpc xwrite /ctl quit Write 'quit' to the main control file of the wmii filesystem, effectively leaving wmii. ixpc write /keys < keys.txt Replace the contents of /keys with the contents of keys.txt SEE ALSO
wmii(1) http://www.cs.bell-labs.com/sys/man/5/INDEX.html ixpc-VERSION IXPC(1)