Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Grep three consecutive lines if each lines contains certain string Post 302960833 by summer_cherry on Friday 20th of November 2015 02:29:49 AM
Old 11-20-2015
if you are sure that it is impossible for either of REQUEST/RESPONSE/SUCCESS to appear more than once in terms of your key from column 1. Then below awk should work for you.

Code:
awk 'BEGIN{FS=" +| +"}
{
arr[$1]=arr[$1]"\n"$0
brr[$1]++
}
END{
for(i in arr)
if(brr[i]==3)
print arr[i]
}' a

python
Code:
import re
lines={}
actions={}
with open("a.txt") as file:
	for line in file:
		items=re.compile("\s+|\s+").split(line)
		if items[0] in lines:
			lines[items[0]]=lines[items[0]]+line
		else:
			lines[items[0]]=line
		if items[0] in actions:
			actions[items[0]]=actions[items[0]]+'_'+items[2]
		else:
			actions[items[0]]=items[2]
for key in lines:
	if 'REQUEST' in actions[key] and 'RESPONSE' in actions[key] and 'SUCCESS' in actions[key]:
		print(lines[key])

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep string & next n lines

need help on this. let say i hv 1 file contains as below: STRING Description bla bla bla Description yada yada yada Data bla bla Data yada yada how do i want to display n lines after the string? thanks in advance! (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashterix
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Like grep -v for a string over 2 lines? Sed?

Hi, I have a log file that I need to monitor as it's being written to, and I want to exclude certain strings from the output. At the moment I'm using ... tail -f LogFileName_`date +%d`.log | egrep -v "First String To Exclude | 2nd string | 3rd string" ...which works OK - but now I need to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jake657
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print lines between two lines after grep for a text string

I have several very large file that are extracts from Oracle tables. These files are formatted in XML type syntax with multiple entries like: <ROW> some information more information </ROW> I want to grep for some words, then print all lines between <ROW> AND </ROW>. Can this be done with AWK?... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jbruce
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge two non-consecutive lines based on line number or string

This is a variation of an earlier post found here: unixcom/shell-programming-scripting/159821-merge-two-non-consecutive-lines.html User Bartus11 was kind enough to solve that example. Previously, I needed help combining two lines that are non-consecutive in a file. Now I need to do the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: munkee
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep a string from input file and delete next three lines including the line contains string in xml

Hi, 1_strings file contains $ cat 1_strings /home/$USER/Src /home/Valid /home/Review$ cat myxml <projected value="some string" path="/home/$USER/Src"> <input 1/> <estimate value/> <somestring/> </projected> <few more lines > <projected value="some string" path="/home/$USER/check">... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: greet_sed
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

aix :grep to get lines before and after string

am using AIX and I have a string "There is no process to read data written to a pipe". I want to get the output 2 lines before and 4 lines after this string. The string is present like more than 100 times in the log and I want to output, the last result in the log with this string I tried using... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: PhAnT0M
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep couple of consecutive lines if each lines contains certain string

Hello, I want to extract from a file like : 20120530025502914 | REQUEST | whatever 20120530025502968 | RESPONSE | whatever 20120530025502985 | RESPONSE | whatever 20120530025502996 | REQUEST | whatever 20120530025503013 | REQUEST | whatever 20120530025503045 | RESPONSE | whatever I want... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: black_fender
14 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep 2 consecutive lines and replace the second line in a file

I have a file lake this cat ex1.txt </DISCOUNTS> <B2B_SPECIFICATION elem="0"> <B2B_SPECIFICATION elem="0"> <DESCR>Netti 2 </DESCR> <NUMBER>D02021507505</NUMBER> </B2B_SPECIFICATION> <B2B_SPECIFICATION elem="1"> <DESCR>Puhepaketti</DESCR>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dhoni
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep a string and count following lines starting with another string

I have a large dataset with following structure; C 0001 Carbon D SAR001 methane D SAR002 ethane D SAR003 propane D SAR004 butane D SAR005 pentane C 0002 Hydrogen C 0003 Nitrogen C 0004 Oxygen D SAR011 ozone D SAR012 super oxide C 0005 Sulphur D SAR013... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Syeda Sumayya
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove duplicate consecutive lines with specific string

Hello, I'm trying to remove the duplicate consecutive lines with specific string "WARNING". File.txt abc; WARNING 2345 WARNING 2345 WARNING 2345 WARNING 2345 WARNING 2345 bcd; abc; 123 123 123 WARNING 1234 WARNING 2345 WARNING 2345 efgh; (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mannu2525
6 Replies
nautilus-actions-new(1) 				      General Commands Manual					   nautilus-actions-new(1)

NAME
nautilus-actions-new - create new nautilus actions SYNOPSIS
nautilus-actions-new [OPTION] DESCRIPTION
nautilus-actions-new creates new actions for the nautilus file manager non-interactively via the commandline. Action attributes are speci- fied via command-line options. By default, actions are written to STDOUT. However, they can also be written to a file suitable for later import via nautilus-actions-con- fig-tool or you can even write the action directory to your GConf configuration for nautilus-actions OPTIONS
Help options -?, --help Show help options --help-all Show all help options --help-output Choose where the program creates the action Action-creation options -l, --label=LABEL The label of the menu item (mandatory) -t, --tooltip=TOOLTIP The tooltip of the menu item -i, --icon=ICON The icon of the menu item (filename or GTK stock ID) -c, --command=PATH The path of the command -p, --parameters=PARAMS The parameters of the command -m, --match=EXPR A pattern to match selected files against. May include wildcards (* or ?) (you must set one option for each pattern you need) -C, --match-case=PATH The path of the command -T, --mimetypes=EXPR A pattern to match selected files' mimetype against. May include wildcards (* or ?) (you must set one option for each pattern you need) -f, --accept-files Set it if the selection must only contain files -d, --accept-dirs Set it if the selection must only contain folders. Specify both '--isfile' and '--isdir' options is selection can contain both types of items -M, --accept-multiple-files Set it if the selection can have several items -s, --scheme=SCHEME A valid GVFS scheme where the selected files should be located (you must set one option for each scheme you need) BUGS
Please report bugs in nautilus-actions to <submit@bugs.debian.org>. The current bug list may be viewed at <http://bugs.debian.org/nautilus- actions>. AUTHOR
nautilus-actions was written by Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo@novell.com>, Frederic Ruaudel <grumz@grumz.net>, Pierre Wieser <pwieser@trych- los.org>, and contributors. This manual page was written by Christine Spang <christine@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). LICENSING
Both the nautilus-actions source code and this man page are licensed under the GNU General Public License. SEE ALSO
nautilus(1),nautilus-actions(1),nautilus-actions-schemas(1), nautilus-actions-run(1) nautilus-actions-print(1) Debian GNU/Linux 2009-08-06 nautilus-actions-new(1)