Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Comparing list of files in parallel Post 302960832 by summer_cherry on Friday 20th of November 2015 02:09:51 AM
Old 11-20-2015
hope below prototype can help you some

Code:
num_of_files=`ls leo| wc -l`
loop_size=$((${num_of_files}/2))
i=1
while [ $i -le $loop_size ];do
  let tmp=$i+$loop_size
  echo "comparing file_${i} with file_${tmp}"
  let i=$i+1
done

root@qas0009[23:08:25]:/tmp>ls leo
Code:
file_1  file_10  file_11  file_12  file_13  file_14  file_15  file_16  file_17  file_18  file_19  file_2  file_20  file_3  file_4  file_5  file_6  file_7  file_8  file_9

output
Code:
comparing file_1 with file_11
comparing file_2 with file_12
comparing file_3 with file_13
comparing file_4 with file_14
comparing file_5 with file_15
comparing file_6 with file_16
comparing file_7 with file_17
comparing file_8 with file_18
comparing file_9 with file_19
comparing file_10 with file_20

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Comparing data list...

I have a list of files that I want to compare to another list of files, how do I do that? The first list will be my known list and hard coded, for example: mylist="janfile.tar jarfile.jar jan.rpt.Z" etc. The second list will be found by doing an 'ls' piped to a file: ls > filelist.dat ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: giannicello
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing a distinct value in 1 list with another list

Hi all, I need to compare the contents of 2 directories where the file contents are similar and take out the filenames whose contents does not exist within the 2 directories. Directory1 1 2 3 4 Directory2 54 55 56 57 Does anyone has a script which can do this? At the end of... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: manualvin
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy files in Parallel

Is there any out of box Command in Unix or is it possible through shell scripting to copy all the files in a directory in Parallel. Example. I am doing a COLD database backup. I have the data/dbx directory which has around 1000 data files. I was thinking is there a way to spawn the copy... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: simonsimon
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing two files and list the differences

Hi * I have two text files which has the file size, timestamp and the file name. I need to compare these two files and get the differences in the output format. Can anyone help me out with this. * cat file1.txt *474742 Apr 18* 2010 sample.log *135098 Apr 18* 2010 Testfile 134282 Apr 18* 2010... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sendhil.Kumaran
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to read two files in parallel

Following is the requirement In FileA I have the content as follows. 1,2,3 111,222,333 1000,2000,3000 In FileB I have the content as follows. 4,5,6 444,555,666 4000,5000,6000 I need to read FileA and FileB parallely and create the FileC as follows. 1,2,3,4,5,6... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kmanivan82
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Help with Bash - comparing directory contents with list of files

Hey guys, need help with a script I'm trying to write. Basically I need to compare the contents of a folder called "profiles" with a list of files called "template". when the file matches the contents of the folder it needs to set a variable called "checked" to "1" Cookies to anyone... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Scriporium
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing list of files

Hi All, I have a list of files and want to find the difference between each file if there is difference then i want the file name to be printed and log the duplicate files For example Size Filename 23 a1 23 a2 23 a3 45 a4 If i diff a1 and a2 and find... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wedng.bell
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Curl parallel download file list

Hello guys, first post sorry if I did some mess here =) Using Ubuntu 14.04lts 64bits server version. I have a list (url.list) with only URLs to download, one per line, that looks like this: http://domain.com/teste.php?a=2&b=3&name=1 http://domain.com/teste.php?a=2&b=3&name=2 ...... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tonispa
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing two edge list

Hello, I have two network edgelists with first two columns as nodes and the last column pearson correlation coefficient (PCC). I want to remove the edges from net1 whose edges are common with net2 && (PCC)net2>=(PCC)net1 net1.txt A B 0.6 A C 0.7 B C 0.7 D C ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sanchari
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Comparing two files and list the difference with common first line content of both files

I have two file as given below which shows the ACL permissions of each file. I need to compare the source file with target file and list down the difference as specified below in required output. Can someone help me on this ? Source File ************* # file: /local/test_1 # owner: own #... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarathy_a35
4 Replies
NCDIFF(1)						      General Commands Manual							 NCDIFF(1)

NAME
ncdiff - netCDF Differencer SYNTAX
ncdiff [-3] [-4] [-6] [-A] [-C] [-c] [-D dbg] [-d dim,[ min][,[ max]]] [-F] [-h] [-L dfl_lvl] [-l path] [-O] [-p path] [-R] [-r] [-v var[,...]] [-x] file_1 file_2 file_3 DESCRIPTION
ncdiff subtracts variables in file_2 from the corresponding variables (those with the same name) in file_1 and stores the results in file_3. Variables in file_2 are broadcast to conform to the corresponding variable in file_1 if necessary. Broadcasting a variable means creating data in non-existing dimensions from the data in existing dimensions. For example, a two dimensional variable in file_2 can be subtracted from a four, three, or two (but not one or zero) dimensional variable (of the same name) in file_1. This functionality allows the user to compute anomalies from the mean. Note that variables in file_1 are not broadcast to conform to the dimensions in file_2. Thus, ncdiff, the number of dimensions, or rank, of any processed variable in file_1 must be greater than or equal to the rank of the same variable in file_2. Furthermore, the size of all dimensions common to both file_1 and file_2 must be equal. When computing anomalies from the mean it is often the case that file_2 was created by applying an averaging operator to a file with the same dimensions as file_1, if not file_1 itself. In these cases, creating file_2 with ncra rather than ncwa will cause the ncdiff opera- tion to fail. For concreteness say the record dimension in file_1 is time. If file_2 were created by averaging file_1 over the time dimension with the ncra operator rather than with the ncwa operator, then file_2 will have a time dimension of size 1 rather than having no time dimension at all In this case the input files to ncdiff, file_1 and file_2, will have unequally sized time dimensions which causes ncdiff to fail. To prevent this from occuring, use ncwa to remove the time dimension from file_2. An example is given below. ncdiff will never difference coordinate variables or variables of type NC_CHAR or NC_BYTE. This ensures that coordinates like (e.g., lati- tude and longitude) are physically meaningful in the output file, file_3. This behavior is hardcoded. ncdiff applies special rules to some NCAR CSM fields (e.g., ORO). See NCAR CSM Conventions for a complete description. Finally, we note that ncflint (ncflint netCDF File Interpolator) can be also perform file subtraction (as well as addition, multiplication and interpolation). EXAMPLES
Say files 85_0112.nc and 86_0112.nc each contain 12 months of data. Compute the change in the monthly averages from 1985 to 1986: ncdiff 86_0112.nc 85_0112.nc 86m85_0112.nc The following examples demonstrate the broadcasting feature of ncdiff. Say we wish to compute the monthly anomalies of T from the yearly average of T for the year 1985. First we create the 1985 average from the monthly data, which is stored with the record dimension time. ncra 85_0112.nc 85.nc ncwa -O -a time 85.nc 85.nc The second command, ncwa, gets rid of the time dimension of size 1 that ncra left in 85.nc. Now none of the variables in 85.nc has a time dimension. A quicker way to accomplish this is to use ncwa from the beginning: ncwa -a time 85_0112.nc 85.nc We are now ready to use ncdiff to compute the anomalies for 1985: ncdiff -v T 85_0112.nc 85.nc t_anm_85_0112.nc Each of the 12 records in t_anm_85_0112.nc now contains the monthly deviation of T from the annual mean of T for each gridpoint. Say we wish to compute the monthly gridpoint anomalies from the zonal annual mean. A zonal mean is a quantity that has been averaged over the longitudinal (or x) direction. First we use ncwa to average over longitudinal direction lon, creating xavg_85.nc, the zonal mean of 85.nc. Then we use ncdiff to subtract the zonal annual means from the monthly gridpoint data: ncwa -a lon 85.nc xavg_85.nc ncdiff 85_0112.nc xavg_85.nc tx_anm_85_0112.nc Assuming 85_0112.nc has dimensions time and lon, this example only works if xavg_85.nc has no time or lon dimension. As a final example, say we have five years of monthly data (i.e., 60 months) stored in 8501_8912.nc and we wish to create a file which con- tains the twelve month seasonal cycle of the average monthly anomaly from the five-year mean of this data. The following method is just one permutation of many which will accomplish the same result. First use ncwa to create the file containing the five-year mean: ncwa -a time 8501_8912.nc 8589.nc Next use ncdiff to create a file containing the difference of each month's data from the five-year mean: ncdiff 8501_8912.nc 8589.nc t_anm_8501_8912.nc Now use ncks to group the five January anomalies together in one file, and use ncra to create the average anomaly for all five Januarys. These commands are embedded in a shell loop so they are repeated for all twelve months: foreach idx (01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12) ncks -F -d time,,,12 t_anm_8501_8912.nc foo. ncra foo. t_anm_8589_.nc end Note that ncra understands the stride argument so the two commands inside the loop may be combined into the single command ncra -F -d time,,,12 t_anm_8501_8912.nc foo. Finally, use ncrcat to concatenate the 12 average monthly anomaly files into one twelve-record file which contains the entire seasonal cycle of the monthly anomalies: ncrcat t_anm_8589_??.nc t_anm_8589_0112.nc AUTHOR
NCO manual pages written by Charlie Zender and Brian Mays. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <http://sf.net/bugs/?group_id=3331>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1995-2011 Charlie Zender This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for NCO is maintained as a Texinfo manual called the NCO User's Guide. Because NCO is mathematical in nature, the documentation includes TeX-intensive portions not viewable on character-based displays. Hence the only complete and authoritative versions of the NCO User's Guide are the PDF (recommended), DVI, and Postscript versions at <http://nco.sf.net/nco.pdf>, <http://nco.sf.net/nco.dvi>, and <http://nco.sf.net/nco.ps>, respectively. HTML and XML versions are available at <http://nco.sf.net/nco.html> and <http://nco.sf.net/nco.xml>, respectively. If the info and NCO programs are properly installed at your site, the command info nco should give you access to the complete manual, except for the TeX-intensive portions. HOMEPAGE
The NCO homepage at <http://nco.sf.net> contains more information. NCDIFF(1)