Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Crontab compressed version
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Crontab compressed version Post 302960798 by zekeboy on Thursday 19th of November 2015 03:59:31 PM
Old 11-19-2015
i got it, everything works ! thank you for your patience ! !

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check if file compressed or not

Is there a way I can check if a file is comppressed or not? (Be it tar/gzip or compress). trying to write a generic housekeeping scrit that will delete files over 6 months old and compress any uncompressed files if less than 6 months old. But not sure if there is a clever way to check except for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: badg3r
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sorting Compressed Fields

Are any of you guys aware of any problems when trying to sort compressed fields? Why I uncompress the file I am trying to sort, I have no problem sorting but when I try to sort compressed fields it doesnt work properly. I need to be able to sort these compressed fields. Any explanation why? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ndoggy020
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

compressed file

I compressed a file by using gzip command gzip <<xx>> filename changed to xx.gz How to view this xx.gz file. Any idea. Thanks in advance. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkatesht
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ucompress the compressed data

Hi, I have a file that has got compressed data. I would want to uncompress the packed decimal data(not the file). is there a way to do that in ksh? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmedwaseem2000
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Process a compressed file

Hi i have a filename.tar.bz2 and i have to parse it with a tool that doesn't support compressed files. I have to do it for many big files, so i can't decompress and then process. I'd like to do something like: tar -jxvf namefile.tar.bz2 | parsing_tool i mean analyze it directly,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dedalus
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

scan compressed

Hello all I want to help I have some compressed files on the system When you want to unzip these files Delete any file which symlink "ln -s" {{ I need script is necessary Script contain: Any operation to decompress the system is doing to delete any symlink... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: x-zer0
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

compressed file

i have a file 4d7a94d0.bbb.1292 when i do file 4d7a94d0.bbb.1292 the ouput is below 4d7a94d0.bbb.1292: gzip compressed data - deflate method and i run this command gunzip -c 4d7a94d0.bbb.1292 | awk '{gsub("\"","")}/I_ACCOUNT_ID/{print $2}' RS=":|;" FS="," i get... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: blackzinga80
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execution of compressed program

I need UNIX scripts for polling, Uncompressing files and moving files between directory. Also trying to save file paths and any other variables in an independent file (.env) and use these at runtime by executing this file in the main script. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: new2script
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy a file from directroy/ prior version to the directory/ new version

How to copy a file from directroy/ prior version to the directory/ new version automatically. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: roy1912
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Size of compressed file

Hi All, Is there is any way to find the size of compressed file without doing decompression. The size should give the original uncompressed data size Thanks Arun (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
3 Replies
AIC(4)                                                   BSD/i386 Kernel Interfaces Manual                                                  AIC(4)

NAME
aic -- Adaptec AIC-6260 and AIC-6360 SCSI driver SYNOPSIS
device aic In /boot/device.hints: hint.aic.0.at="isa" DESCRIPTION
The aic driver provides support for the Adaptec AIC-6260 and AIC-6360 SCSI controller chips. Many systems that use these controller chips do not have a boot ROM and therefore cannot be booted from. HARDWARE
The adapters supported by the aic driver include: o Adaptec AHA-1505 (ISA) o Adaptec AHA-1510A, AHA-1510B (ISA) o Adaptec AHA-1520A, AHA-1520B (ISA) o Adaptec AHA-1522A, AHA-1522B (ISA) o Adaptec AHA-1535 (ISA) o Creative Labs SoundBlaster SCSI host adapter (ISA) o Adaptec AHA-1460, AHA-1460B, AHA-1460C, AHA-1460D (PC Card) o Adaptec AHA-1030B, AHA-1030P (PC98) o NEC PC-9801-100 (PC98) SEE ALSO
aha(4), ahb(4), ahc(4), cd(4), ch(4), da(4), intro(4), sa(4) BUGS
The driver does not work well with multiple devices on the SCSI bus. The driver works well with devices like CDROMs and Tape drives. The driver works not so well with disk drives. The PC Card version appears to work better than the ISA version, but that may be due to differing levels of testing of the devices. BSD November 8, 2003 BSD