Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Linux question on directories.. Post 302960783 by samnyc on Thursday 19th of November 2015 02:45:13 PM
Old 11-19-2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aia
Are you referring to the dot highlighted in red?
That indicates that the server uses SELinux and that the file has a SELinux security context.
Most likely you are being denied by SELinux. You may DEBUG it by temporarily disabling it, issuing the following command: setenforce "Permissive"
If after that things work, please, find out what context you need to fix and enable it again with setenforce "Enforcing"
Thank you so much for your reply. I didn't know I enabled the SELinux. Now I set to permissive as you have told me. But still getting this 403 error message on Apache. Any idea.

wget 10.xx.x.xx
Code:
--2015-11-19 11:26:23--  http://10.xx.x.xx/
Connecting to 10.xx.x.xx:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 403 Forbidden
2015-11-19 11:26:23 ERROR 403: Forbidden.

On the access log, I see this
Code:
 [19/Nov/2015:14:46:59 -0500] "GET / HTTP/1.0" 403 5039 "-" "Wget/1.12 (linux-gnu)"

error_log
[Thu Nov 19 14:55:10 2015] [error] [client 10.xx.x.xx] Directory index forbidden by Options directive: /var/www/html/

I changed the whole /var/www/html to 777. Still getting this error message.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mv directories question

I'm really new to Unix and its commands. I tried to move a file from the home directory to another one but I didn't type the full name of the new directory. I think the computer created another directory in the home directory and put it in there. However, now I can't access it and it doesn't even... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: scheng12
3 Replies

2. Programming

question about empty directories in unix system

how is it possible for a directory to be empty and still have a size greater than 0 in bytes... i made a shell script that shows info about all files/directories and this is what came up the last one is the size, here its showing 1024 in the for loop i did something like for h in * .*; do ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: omega666
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

question on blackslashes and slashes in directories

Since I'm usually on windows I've came across different shells like Cygwin, Hamilton, and MKS. I've been working in csh most of the time, so porting scripts from one shell to another can be fairly annoying and confusing. When specifying a directory I noticed that certain shells do not recognize... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vas28r13
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Is it possible to password protect directories in linux?

Hi, I am using Red Hat OS 5.0, is there any way that i can password protect directories. I know i can change permission so that no other user can access the content, but sometimes in my office environment i need to share vnc terminal with other people from my login itself. So i want that if user... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sarbjit
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help: Script to report timestamp of directories in a specific path from multiple Linux server

Need help Please help on how to write a script which can echo timestamp, size of subdirectories in a specific path from multiple Linux servers to a text file. I can ssh with a common user to all the servers from a build box. Basic idea what I had was: ssh <commonuser>@<each box> cd... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sudhichadaga
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Linux fdisk question (Oracle Enterprise Linux)

OS: Oracle Enterprise Linux 6.2 Hypervisor: VMWare workstation 9 I created a VM and attached a 7gb virtual disk to it. Using fdisk , I partioned the disk like below. The filesystems mounted on this is working fine. But I am seeing the message Partition n does not end on cylinder boundary.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kraljic
2 Replies

7. Programming

Accessing directories in Linux

I'm new to Linux and trying to port a c++ program from windows. what I'm trying to do is copy a file to a directory off the root of the drive First off the program is located and running from Drive:\Base\Web\Today\Program.exe And trying to copy to: Drive:\Base\cpics windows... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinbot
10 Replies

8. Solaris

Giving read write permission to user for specific directories and sub directories.

I have searched this quite a long time but couldn't find the right method for me to use. I need to assign read write permission to the user for specific directories and it's sub directories and files. I do not want to use ACL. This is for Solaris. Please help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: blinkingdan
1 Replies
createhomedir(1)					    BSD General Commands Manual 					  createhomedir(1)

NAME
createhomedir -- create and populate home directories on the local computer. SYNOPSIS
createhomedir [-scbalh] [-n directoryDomainName] [-u username] DESCRIPTION
createhomedir provides several options for creating and populating home directories. OPTIONS
-s creates home directories for server home paths only (default). -c creates home directories for local home paths only. -b creates home directories for both server and local home paths. -a creates home directories for users defined in all directory domains of the server's search path. -l creates home directories for users defined in the local directory domain. -L causes the created home directory to be localized. -n directoryDomainName creates home directories for users defined in a specific directory domain in the server's search path. -u username creates a home directory for a specific user defined in the domain(s) identified in the -a, -l, or -n parameter. If you omit the -a, -l, and -n parameters when you use the -u parameter, -a is assumed. -i reads username list from standard input and creates specified home directories. Each username should be on its own line. -h usage help. FILES
/usr/sbin/createhomedir location of tool CAVEATS
When using the -a option, search limits of various directory servers (such as Open Directory or Active Directory) can prevent all possible home directories from being created. In this case, you may need to specify the usernames explicitly. Mac OS X May 31, 2019 Mac OS X