Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Search and Replace+append a text in python Post 302960768 by RudiC on Thursday 19th of November 2015 11:40:05 AM
Old 11-19-2015
Use redirection and then copy the output back:
Code:
awk '...' file >TMP && mv TMP file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: Search for string on line then search and replace text

Hi All, I have a file that I need to be able to find a pattern match on a line, search that line for a text pattern, and replace that text. An example of 4 lines in my file is: 1. MatchText_randomNumberOfText moreData ReplaceMe moreData 2. MatchText_randomNumberOfText moreData moreData... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Crypto
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to search and replace text in same file

script is as below v_process_run=5 typeset -i p_cnt=0 pdata=/home/proc_data.log while do # execute script in background dummy_test.sh "a1" "a2" & p_cnt=$p_cnt+1 echo "data : $p_cnt : Y" >> $pdata done file created with following data in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vrgurav
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

search and replace a specific text in text file?

I have a text file with following content (3 lines) filename : output.txt first line:12/12/2008 second line:12/12/2008 third line:Y I would like to know how we can replace 'Y' with 'N' in the 3rd line keeping 1st and 2nd lines same as what it was before. I tried using cat output.txt... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: santosham
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find text containing paths and replace with a string in all the python files

I have 100+ python files in a single directory. I need to replace a specific path occurrence with a variable name. Following are the find and the replace strings: Findstring--"projects\\Debugger\\debugger_dp8051_01\\debugger_dp8051_01.cywrk" Replacestring--self.projpath I tried... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: noorsam
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search and replace text

Hello, I am trying to search and replace but I don't know how to do it. My simple knowlegde in search and replace using sed is not helping me at all. File: its a cause value #22: dfg ggg Cause value #1: aasfa fasdf asfa value #22: affg gggg Basically i want to replace the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: balan1983a
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append text from one file to another based on a search from the end of a document

Hi all, I have output files that are all text files with various different extensions. So, if I submit the input file "job_name.inp", when it finishes I get an output file "job_name.dat". A typical input file looks something like this: $CONTRL SCFTYP=RHF RUNTYP=ENERGY MAXIT=199 MULT=1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: marcozd
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trying to search for a string and append text only once

Hi I am trying to search for a particular occurrence of a string in a file, and if found, append another string to the end of that line. Here is my file contents: column1 userlist default nowrite=3 output=4 column2 access default nowrite=3 Here is the code: A="user=1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bludhemn
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Search and replace text

HI I have property files having content QA_server_name=10.232.54.7 QA_port_number=18000 DEV_server_name=10.235.60.73 DEV_port_number=18000 and a .jason file having content like this { "server":"localhost" "port":"17000" ------ } I will get the parameter... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mdtausifsh
1 Replies

9. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Search and replace in text file

Hi, I have gigabytes of text files that I need to search for "&" and replace with "&amp". Is there a way to do this efficiently (like sed command)? Hope you could help. Thanks. (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: daytripper1021
17 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search text and append using SED?

I have file . cat hello.txt Hello World I would like to append a string "Today " so the output is cat hello.txt Hello World Today I dont know which line number does the "Hello World" appears otherwise I could have used the Line number to search and append . (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gubbu
3 Replies
PYTHON-COVERAGE(1)					      General Commands Manual						PYTHON-COVERAGE(1)

NAME
python-coverage - measure code coverage of Python program execution SYNOPSIS
python-coverage -x module.py [ARG...] python-coverage -e python-coverage -r [-m] python-coverage -a [file...] DESCRIPTION
python-coverage executes a Python program and measures which of its statements are executed and which are not. It stores the information in the file .coverage in the current working directory. OPTIONS
-e Erase the .coverage file. -x Execute a Python module, giving it the remaining command line arguments. -r Produce a coverage report. -m With -r, show the line numbers that were missed by the execution. -a Annotate source files. For each source file foo, produce foo,cover, with executed lines prefixed by ">" and non-executed by "!". --help Produce a help summary. It might be more helpful than this manual page. AUTHOR
The python-coverage command is a one-line Python script which calls the coverage.py Python module to do all the work. The module was rigi- nally developed by Gareth Rees, and is now developed by Ned Batchelder. The module's home page is http://www.nedbatchelder.com/code/modules/coverage.html. This manual page was cobbled together by Lars Wirzenius for Debian, by copy-pasting from the help texts from the module. PYTHON-COVERAGE(1)