Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers UNIX Logon/Authentication Types Post 302960734 by urhero on Thursday 19th of November 2015 04:32:23 AM
Old 11-19-2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by agent.kgb
Just because AIX console is near and you've mentioned it:

Code:
Nov 18 18:07:15 SERVER1 auth|security:notice tsm: Login successful for root from  on /dev/vty0

---------- Post updated at 10:48 PM ---------- Previous update was at 06:10 PM ----------

RHEL7:

Code:
Nov 18 22:46:10 SERVER login: ROOT LOGIN ON tty1

Thanks!
And how were these authentications made?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What all Unix types can be installed on PC?

I would like to know as what all Unix types can be installed on PC, i.e. Intel Pentium processor and having HDD of let us say 4 GB or so? What RAM would be sufficient? I know for sure that Linux is free and can be installed on PC, can some one tell about other UNIX types which can be obtained for... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SANJAY
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What file types does unix support?

Hello, I've search this site many times and ave not been able to find my answer. So I'm going to post my question....(duh) Ok. I'm wanting to know what file types does unix support. if you can try and list them like this: php, .php or somthing like that. plus don't forget that I said I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dgames
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX logon script/batch

Hi everyone, I am a newbies to Unix and hope someone can help me on: 1. Do anyone has batch file example that can be logon to a unix sever through telnet and exec a nohup command without typing in username and passward everytime ? 2. A java script exmaple for doing the same logon so it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: oht
1 Replies

4. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Windows AD for Unix authentication

I am not an expert in Unix at all. My knowledge of Unix is average. We have a couple of Unix servers, Solaris and Linux, which run mostly web servers, and Oracle databases. Currently users have multiple user IDs for Unix and AD applications. Is it possible to make use of the Windows Active... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: speriya
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Identify which authentication method was used at logon

Experts, Is there any way to know which authentication method the user used to login into the box? I mean, is possible to identify if an active user had logged using keys or password for example? Let me clarify: we have a script that we want to allow users to execute only if they have used... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fmattos
2 Replies

6. Solaris

bypass password authentication for sftp in unix

I am using solaris unix 8.2 version. I want to bypass password authentication for sftp. Can you please give some ideas on this. thanks.Regards. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijill
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get all types of shell supported on any unix flavors.

Hello - Is there a command/way we can find out, what shells are supported on a Unix machine? Please let me know. Thanks, Manju (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manju--
3 Replies

8. AIX

UNIX authentication strategy - LDAP or AD

We are looking at using Tivoli Directory Server (LDAP) or Active Directory 2003 for authentication. I wanted to get some feedback from the community. Our goal is to do it the simplest, easiest, and cheapest way that allows for centralized user authentication. We are mainly an AIX environment with... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: x96riley3
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Secondary Authentication of UNIX .

Hi All, My Servers are enabled with a secondary authentication of login. Whenever we are logging in to the servers with a common id it is asking like something " Enet your personal id and password" which has been created by UNIX admins previously. Just curious how to achieve this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Showdown
1 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)