Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Search and Replace+append a text in python Post 302960703 by Zam_1234 on Wednesday 18th of November 2015 04:43:36 PM
Old 11-18-2015
I got the script working. Below is the line of code:
Code:
 awk ' $1==".dcache_rdata_wb" {split ($2, F,"["); split (F[2], Y, ":"); Z=$1; for(i=Y[1]; i>=0; i--) {$1 = Z i; $2 = F[1] "["i"]),"; print $1 "\t" $2}}' lsu.v

How to replace the text in the file to get this output inplace of the old string?

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: Search for string on line then search and replace text

Hi All, I have a file that I need to be able to find a pattern match on a line, search that line for a text pattern, and replace that text. An example of 4 lines in my file is: 1. MatchText_randomNumberOfText moreData ReplaceMe moreData 2. MatchText_randomNumberOfText moreData moreData... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Crypto
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to search and replace text in same file

script is as below v_process_run=5 typeset -i p_cnt=0 pdata=/home/proc_data.log while do # execute script in background dummy_test.sh "a1" "a2" & p_cnt=$p_cnt+1 echo "data : $p_cnt : Y" >> $pdata done file created with following data in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vrgurav
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

search and replace a specific text in text file?

I have a text file with following content (3 lines) filename : output.txt first line:12/12/2008 second line:12/12/2008 third line:Y I would like to know how we can replace 'Y' with 'N' in the 3rd line keeping 1st and 2nd lines same as what it was before. I tried using cat output.txt... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: santosham
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find text containing paths and replace with a string in all the python files

I have 100+ python files in a single directory. I need to replace a specific path occurrence with a variable name. Following are the find and the replace strings: Findstring--"projects\\Debugger\\debugger_dp8051_01\\debugger_dp8051_01.cywrk" Replacestring--self.projpath I tried... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: noorsam
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search and replace text

Hello, I am trying to search and replace but I don't know how to do it. My simple knowlegde in search and replace using sed is not helping me at all. File: its a cause value #22: dfg ggg Cause value #1: aasfa fasdf asfa value #22: affg gggg Basically i want to replace the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: balan1983a
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append text from one file to another based on a search from the end of a document

Hi all, I have output files that are all text files with various different extensions. So, if I submit the input file "job_name.inp", when it finishes I get an output file "job_name.dat". A typical input file looks something like this: $CONTRL SCFTYP=RHF RUNTYP=ENERGY MAXIT=199 MULT=1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: marcozd
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trying to search for a string and append text only once

Hi I am trying to search for a particular occurrence of a string in a file, and if found, append another string to the end of that line. Here is my file contents: column1 userlist default nowrite=3 output=4 column2 access default nowrite=3 Here is the code: A="user=1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bludhemn
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Search and replace text

HI I have property files having content QA_server_name=10.232.54.7 QA_port_number=18000 DEV_server_name=10.235.60.73 DEV_port_number=18000 and a .jason file having content like this { "server":"localhost" "port":"17000" ------ } I will get the parameter... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mdtausifsh
1 Replies

9. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Search and replace in text file

Hi, I have gigabytes of text files that I need to search for "&" and replace with "&amp". Is there a way to do this efficiently (like sed command)? Hope you could help. Thanks. (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: daytripper1021
17 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search text and append using SED?

I have file . cat hello.txt Hello World I would like to append a string "Today " so the output is cat hello.txt Hello World Today I dont know which line number does the "Hello World" appears otherwise I could have used the Line number to search and append . (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gubbu
3 Replies
DH_PYTHON(1)							     Debhelper							      DH_PYTHON(1)

NAME
dh_python - calculates Python dependencies and adds postinst and prerm Python scripts (deprecated) SYNOPSIS
dh_python [debhelperoptions] [-n] [-V version] [moduledirs...] DESCRIPTION
Note: This program is deprecated. You should use dh_python2 instead. This program will do nothing if debian/pycompat or a Python-Version control file field exists. dh_python is a debhelper program that is responsible for generating the ${python:Depends} substitutions and adding them to substvars files. It will also add a postinst and a prerm script if required. The program will look at Python scripts and modules in your package, and will use this information to generate a dependency on python, with the current major version, or on pythonX.Y if your scripts or modules need a specific python version. The dependency will be substituted into your package's control file wherever you place the token ${python:Depends}. If some modules need to be byte-compiled at install time, appropriate postinst and prerm scripts will be generated. If already byte- compiled modules are found, they are removed. If you use this program, your package should build-depend on python. OPTIONS
module dirs If your package installs Python modules in non-standard directories, you can make dh_python check those directories by passing their names on the command line. By default, it will check /usr/lib/site-python, /usr/lib/$PACKAGE, /usr/share/$PACKAGE, /usr/lib/games/$PACKAGE, /usr/share/games/$PACKAGE and /usr/lib/python?.?/site-packages. Note: only /usr/lib/site-python, /usr/lib/python?.?/site-packages and the extra names on the command line are searched for binary (.so) modules. -V version If the .py files your package ships are meant to be used by a specific pythonX.Y version, you can use this option to specify the desired version, such as 2.3. Do not use if you ship modules in /usr/lib/site-python. -n, --noscripts Do not modify postinst/prerm scripts. CONFORMS TO
Debian policy, version 3.5.7 Python policy, version 0.3.7 SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Josselin Mouette <joss@debian.org> most ideas stolen from Brendan O'Dea <bod@debian.org> 9.20120909 2011-12-06 DH_PYTHON(1)