Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Search and Replace+append a text in python Post 302960694 by RudiC on Wednesday 18th of November 2015 02:56:04 PM
Old 11-18-2015
Wouldn't this small adaption of Scrutinizer's suggestion fit the request better?
Code:
awk '
$2==".bit_wen"  {split($3,F,/[[:]/)
                 T=$2

for (i=F[2]; i>=0; i--)        {$2 = T i
                                                 $3 = F[1] "[" i "]),"
                                                 print
                                                }
                 next
                }
' OFS="\t" file
bw_r_rf16x32  AUTO_TEMPLATE (
1957 //             .rst_tri_en           (mem_write_disable),
1958              .rclk             (clk),
1959    .bit_wen15    (dva_bit_wr_en_e[15]),
1959    .bit_wen14    (dva_bit_wr_en_e[14]),
1959    .bit_wen13    (dva_bit_wr_en_e[13]),
1959    .bit_wen12    (dva_bit_wr_en_e[12]),
1959    .bit_wen11    (dva_bit_wr_en_e[11]),
1959    .bit_wen10    (dva_bit_wr_en_e[10]),
1959    .bit_wen9     (dva_bit_wr_en_e[9]),
1959    .bit_wen8     (dva_bit_wr_en_e[8]),
1959    .bit_wen7     (dva_bit_wr_en_e[7]),
1959    .bit_wen6     (dva_bit_wr_en_e[6]),
1959    .bit_wen5     (dva_bit_wr_en_e[5]),
1959    .bit_wen4     (dva_bit_wr_en_e[4]),
1959    .bit_wen3     (dva_bit_wr_en_e[3]),
1959    .bit_wen2     (dva_bit_wr_en_e[2]),
1959    .bit_wen1     (dva_bit_wr_en_e[1]),
1959    .bit_wen0     (dva_bit_wr_en_e[0]),
1960              .din                (dva_din_e), 
1961              .dout               (dva_vld_m[3:0]),

This User Gave Thanks to RudiC For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: Search for string on line then search and replace text

Hi All, I have a file that I need to be able to find a pattern match on a line, search that line for a text pattern, and replace that text. An example of 4 lines in my file is: 1. MatchText_randomNumberOfText moreData ReplaceMe moreData 2. MatchText_randomNumberOfText moreData moreData... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Crypto
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to search and replace text in same file

script is as below v_process_run=5 typeset -i p_cnt=0 pdata=/home/proc_data.log while do # execute script in background dummy_test.sh "a1" "a2" & p_cnt=$p_cnt+1 echo "data : $p_cnt : Y" >> $pdata done file created with following data in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vrgurav
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

search and replace a specific text in text file?

I have a text file with following content (3 lines) filename : output.txt first line:12/12/2008 second line:12/12/2008 third line:Y I would like to know how we can replace 'Y' with 'N' in the 3rd line keeping 1st and 2nd lines same as what it was before. I tried using cat output.txt... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: santosham
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find text containing paths and replace with a string in all the python files

I have 100+ python files in a single directory. I need to replace a specific path occurrence with a variable name. Following are the find and the replace strings: Findstring--"projects\\Debugger\\debugger_dp8051_01\\debugger_dp8051_01.cywrk" Replacestring--self.projpath I tried... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: noorsam
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search and replace text

Hello, I am trying to search and replace but I don't know how to do it. My simple knowlegde in search and replace using sed is not helping me at all. File: its a cause value #22: dfg ggg Cause value #1: aasfa fasdf asfa value #22: affg gggg Basically i want to replace the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: balan1983a
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append text from one file to another based on a search from the end of a document

Hi all, I have output files that are all text files with various different extensions. So, if I submit the input file "job_name.inp", when it finishes I get an output file "job_name.dat". A typical input file looks something like this: $CONTRL SCFTYP=RHF RUNTYP=ENERGY MAXIT=199 MULT=1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: marcozd
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trying to search for a string and append text only once

Hi I am trying to search for a particular occurrence of a string in a file, and if found, append another string to the end of that line. Here is my file contents: column1 userlist default nowrite=3 output=4 column2 access default nowrite=3 Here is the code: A="user=1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bludhemn
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Search and replace text

HI I have property files having content QA_server_name=10.232.54.7 QA_port_number=18000 DEV_server_name=10.235.60.73 DEV_port_number=18000 and a .jason file having content like this { "server":"localhost" "port":"17000" ------ } I will get the parameter... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mdtausifsh
1 Replies

9. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Search and replace in text file

Hi, I have gigabytes of text files that I need to search for "&" and replace with "&amp". Is there a way to do this efficiently (like sed command)? Hope you could help. Thanks. (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: daytripper1021
17 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search text and append using SED?

I have file . cat hello.txt Hello World I would like to append a string "Today " so the output is cat hello.txt Hello World Today I dont know which line number does the "Hello World" appears otherwise I could have used the Line number to search and append . (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gubbu
3 Replies
VST(5)						      VHDL subset of ASIM/LIP6/CAO-VLSI lab.						    VST(5)

NAME
vst VHDL structural subset. ORIGIN
This software belongs to the ALLIANCE CAD SYSTEM developed by the ASIM team at LIP6 laboratory of Universite Pierre et Marie CURIE, in Paris, France. Web : http://asim.lip6.fr/recherche/alliance/ E-mail : alliance-users@asim.lip6.fr DESCRIPTION
This document describes the ALLIANCE VHDL subset for structural descriptions. The declaration part of a structural description includes signal decalarations and component declarations. An internal signal can be declared of any type supported by the present VHDL subset except reg_bit and reg_vector. A component must be declared with exactly the same port description as in its entity specification. This means that local ports are to be declared with the same name, type and kind and in the same order. A structural description is a set of component instanciation statements. Instances' ports are connected to each other trough signals in a port map specification. Both explicit and implicit port map specifications are supported by the ALLIANCE VHDL subset. The present version of the VHDL compiler does not allow unconnected ports (the open mode is not supported). Only the concatenation operator (&) can be used in the actual part (effective signal conntected to a formal port) of a port map specifica- tion. EXAMPLES
Here is the description of an adder with an accumulator register. entity add_accu is port ( clk : in bit; command : in bit; data_in : in bit_vector (31 downto 0); data_out : out bit_vector (31 downto 0); cry_out : out bit; vdd : in bit; vss : in bit ); end add_accu; architecture structural of add_accu is signal eff_data : bit_vector (31 downto 0); -- effective operande signal adder_out : bit_vector (31 downto 0); -- adder's result signal accu_out : bit_vector (31 downto 0); -- accumulator component adder port (a : in bit_vector (31 downto 0); b : in bit_vector (31 downto 0); res : out bit_vector (31 downto 0)); end component; component and_32 port (a : in bit_vector (31 downto 0); cmd : in bit; res : out bit_vector (31 downto 0)); end component; component falling_edge_reg port (din : in bit_vector (31 downto 0); clk : in bit; dout : out bit_vector (31 downto 0)); end component; begin my_adder : adder port map (a => eff_data, b => accu_out, res => adder_out); my_mux : and_32 port map (cmd => command, a => accu_out, res => eff_data); my_reg : falling_edge_reg port map (din => adder_out, clk => clk, dout => accu_out); end; SEE ALSO
vhdl(5), vbe(5), asimut(1) BUG REPORT
This tool is under development at the ASIM department of the LIP6 laboratory. We need your feedback to improve documentation and tools. ASIM
/LIP6 October 1, 1997 VST(5)