Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Search and Replace+append a text in python Post 302960692 by Zam_1234 on Wednesday 18th of November 2015 02:11:11 PM
Old 11-18-2015
Display Search and Replace+append a text in python

Hello all,
I have a verilog file as following (part of it):
old.v:

Code:
bw_r_rf16x32  AUTO_TEMPLATE (
1957 //             .rst_tri_en           (mem_write_disable),
1958              .rclk             (clk),
1959              .bit_wen          (dva_bit_wr_en_e[15:0]),
1960              .din                (dva_din_e), 
1961              .dout               (dva_vld_m[3:0]),
1962              .rd_adr1            (exu_lsu_early_va_e[10:4]),
1963              .rd_adr1_sel        (1'b1),
1964              .rd_adr2            (7'b0),
1965              .rd_en              (ifu_lsu_ld_inst_e),
1966              .reset_l            (arst_l),
1967              //.sehold             (),
1968              .wr_adr             (dva_wr_adr_e[10:6]),
1969              .wr_en              (lsu_dtagv_wr_vld_e));

+

I want to replace the ".bit_wen" and corresponding "dva_bit_wr_en_e" as follows:
Code:
.bit_wen15       (dva_bit_wr_en_e[15]),
.bit_wen14        (dva_bit_wr_en_e[14]),
.bit_wen13        (dva_bit_wr_en_e[13]),
.bit_wen0         (dva_bit_wr_en_e[0])

basically right now I am manually typing in these in vim, and there are a bunch of these type of port mapping (for example rd_adr1, wr_adr etc) issues that I have to break down bit by bit.

Any script in Python/Awk would help my life tremendously..

Any help?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: Search for string on line then search and replace text

Hi All, I have a file that I need to be able to find a pattern match on a line, search that line for a text pattern, and replace that text. An example of 4 lines in my file is: 1. MatchText_randomNumberOfText moreData ReplaceMe moreData 2. MatchText_randomNumberOfText moreData moreData... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Crypto
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to search and replace text in same file

script is as below v_process_run=5 typeset -i p_cnt=0 pdata=/home/proc_data.log while do # execute script in background dummy_test.sh "a1" "a2" & p_cnt=$p_cnt+1 echo "data : $p_cnt : Y" >> $pdata done file created with following data in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vrgurav
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

search and replace a specific text in text file?

I have a text file with following content (3 lines) filename : output.txt first line:12/12/2008 second line:12/12/2008 third line:Y I would like to know how we can replace 'Y' with 'N' in the 3rd line keeping 1st and 2nd lines same as what it was before. I tried using cat output.txt... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: santosham
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find text containing paths and replace with a string in all the python files

I have 100+ python files in a single directory. I need to replace a specific path occurrence with a variable name. Following are the find and the replace strings: Findstring--"projects\\Debugger\\debugger_dp8051_01\\debugger_dp8051_01.cywrk" Replacestring--self.projpath I tried... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: noorsam
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search and replace text

Hello, I am trying to search and replace but I don't know how to do it. My simple knowlegde in search and replace using sed is not helping me at all. File: its a cause value #22: dfg ggg Cause value #1: aasfa fasdf asfa value #22: affg gggg Basically i want to replace the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: balan1983a
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append text from one file to another based on a search from the end of a document

Hi all, I have output files that are all text files with various different extensions. So, if I submit the input file "job_name.inp", when it finishes I get an output file "job_name.dat". A typical input file looks something like this: $CONTRL SCFTYP=RHF RUNTYP=ENERGY MAXIT=199 MULT=1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: marcozd
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trying to search for a string and append text only once

Hi I am trying to search for a particular occurrence of a string in a file, and if found, append another string to the end of that line. Here is my file contents: column1 userlist default nowrite=3 output=4 column2 access default nowrite=3 Here is the code: A="user=1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bludhemn
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Search and replace text

HI I have property files having content QA_server_name=10.232.54.7 QA_port_number=18000 DEV_server_name=10.235.60.73 DEV_port_number=18000 and a .jason file having content like this { "server":"localhost" "port":"17000" ------ } I will get the parameter... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mdtausifsh
1 Replies

9. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Search and replace in text file

Hi, I have gigabytes of text files that I need to search for "&" and replace with "&amp". Is there a way to do this efficiently (like sed command)? Hope you could help. Thanks. (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: daytripper1021
17 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search text and append using SED?

I have file . cat hello.txt Hello World I would like to append a string "Today " so the output is cat hello.txt Hello World Today I dont know which line number does the "Hello World" appears otherwise I could have used the Line number to search and append . (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gubbu
3 Replies
renpy(6)							       Games								  renpy(6)

NAME
renpy - engine for creating visual novels SYNOPSIS
renpy [path to the script directory] DESCRIPTION
Ren'Py is a programming language and runtime, intended to ease the creation of visual-novel type games. It contains features that make it easy to display thoughts, dialogue, and menus; to display images to the user; to write game logic; and to support the saving and loading of games. Ren'Py tries to be like an executable script, allowing you to get a working game without much more effort than is required to type the game script into the computer. Ren'Py is implemented on top of python, and that python heritage shows through in many places. Many Ren'Py statements allow python expres- sions to be used, and there are also Ren'Py statements that allow for the execution of arbitrary python code. Many of the less-used fea- tures of Ren'Py are exposed to the user by way of python. By only requiring use of the simplest features of python, it's hoped that Ren'Py will be usable by all game authors. USAGE
If you run the program without any arguments, zou will get an interactive launcher from where you can select, run and work different projects. For running a script, you need to give the full path to the directory that contains the game you want to play. For example: renpy /usr/share/games/renpy/demo/ To learn how to use the game interface, you should install and play renpy-demo. FILES
The game data for each user is stored at ~/.renpy/ directory. The scripts can be installed in the system bz placing them under /usr/share/games/renpy/ , but you can run any script in an arbitrarz directory just by telling the path as the parameter to the game. SEE ALSO
You can find more information at http://www.renpy.org/ May 2007 renpy(6)