Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers The professional way to use chmod ? Post 302960647 by RavinderSingh13 on Wednesday 18th of November 2015 04:57:38 AM
Old 11-18-2015
Hello omega3,

If you needed a POLL there is an option to create a thread as a POLL. Also I am completely satisfy with MadeInGermany's explanation. Just adding if you could need more information, you can go through the following links too.
https://www.linux.com/learn/tutorial...le-permissions
File Permissions - chmod | Linux.org

May be helpful for you, and using the commands it is completely up to the person which method they use both will complete your task.

Thanks,
R. Singh

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Windows XP Professional and FreeBSD

From FreeBSD how could I access files/directories in my Windows XP machine (networked) Is there any program in FreeBSD/Unix that I could use to emulate/control my Windows XP machine and what do I need to enable or install in my Windows XP machine (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: charlie499
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Any Professional Help me in this ?

Hello Here i got a problem, i bought new 40GB hard disk today, i made it as Primary Slave, No when i install Solaris, it says disk need fdisk to make solaris partition, but it does not say which disk need partition, i mean i have two disks, how i suppose to know which disk this will partition,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abidmalik
1 Replies

3. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Professional moderator

Hi there! I liked your forum so much! I'm a professional moderator and I would like to moderate your forum or any part of it. If you are interested in this idea, please apply to me on my e-mail. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: SoulFly
5 Replies

4. Programming

Professional advice on my project

Hi guys, I'm pretty much a newbie to C.I need professional advice on my project.I'm supposed to write a program to scan a directory for .exe files and list them if any and also subsequently scan the subfolders for the same and so on... Any advice on how to do it would be gladly accepted.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakesh_01
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Who actually wrote Professional Linux Programming ?

Hello, Who actually wrote Professional Linux Programming of Wrox publication as there are two different sets of writers, one set consists of Jon Masters and Richard Blum and another set of writers is Neil Mathew with lots of other writers. Plz resolve it. I'm really confused. Regards.. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vectrum
0 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

What is the difference between chmod in solaris and chmod in Linux?

i think it is the same in both... Iam i right? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sumaiya
1 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.18.2 2012-02-11 URI::URL(3)