Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers The professional way to use chmod ? Post 302960645 by omega3 on Wednesday 18th of November 2015 04:37:30 AM
Old 11-18-2015
Ok. Please Ignore the word 'professional' .
Which method do you use ? Consider this as a poll . BTW what are Method1 and Method2 called (terminology) ?

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Windows XP Professional and FreeBSD

From FreeBSD how could I access files/directories in my Windows XP machine (networked) Is there any program in FreeBSD/Unix that I could use to emulate/control my Windows XP machine and what do I need to enable or install in my Windows XP machine (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: charlie499
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Any Professional Help me in this ?

Hello Here i got a problem, i bought new 40GB hard disk today, i made it as Primary Slave, No when i install Solaris, it says disk need fdisk to make solaris partition, but it does not say which disk need partition, i mean i have two disks, how i suppose to know which disk this will partition,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abidmalik
1 Replies

3. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Professional moderator

Hi there! I liked your forum so much! I'm a professional moderator and I would like to moderate your forum or any part of it. If you are interested in this idea, please apply to me on my e-mail. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: SoulFly
5 Replies

4. Programming

Professional advice on my project

Hi guys, I'm pretty much a newbie to C.I need professional advice on my project.I'm supposed to write a program to scan a directory for .exe files and list them if any and also subsequently scan the subfolders for the same and so on... Any advice on how to do it would be gladly accepted.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakesh_01
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Who actually wrote Professional Linux Programming ?

Hello, Who actually wrote Professional Linux Programming of Wrox publication as there are two different sets of writers, one set consists of Jon Masters and Richard Blum and another set of writers is Neil Mathew with lots of other writers. Plz resolve it. I'm really confused. Regards.. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vectrum
0 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

What is the difference between chmod in solaris and chmod in Linux?

i think it is the same in both... Iam i right? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sumaiya
1 Replies
IO::Poll(3pm)						 Perl Programmers Reference Guide					     IO::Poll(3pm)

NAME
IO::Poll - Object interface to system poll call SYNOPSIS
use IO::Poll qw(POLLRDNORM POLLWRNORM POLLIN POLLHUP); $poll = IO::Poll->new(); $poll->mask($input_handle => POLLIN); $poll->mask($output_handle => POLLOUT); $poll->poll($timeout); $ev = $poll->events($input); DESCRIPTION
"IO::Poll" is a simple interface to the system level poll routine. METHODS
mask ( IO [, EVENT_MASK ] ) If EVENT_MASK is given, then, if EVENT_MASK is non-zero, IO is added to the list of file descriptors and the next call to poll will check for any event specified in EVENT_MASK. If EVENT_MASK is zero then IO will be removed from the list of file descriptors. If EVENT_MASK is not given then the return value will be the current event mask value for IO. poll ( [ TIMEOUT ] ) Call the system level poll routine. If TIMEOUT is not specified then the call will block. Returns the number of handles which had events happen, or -1 on error. events ( IO ) Returns the event mask which represents the events that happened on IO during the last call to "poll". remove ( IO ) Remove IO from the list of file descriptors for the next poll. handles( [ EVENT_MASK ] ) Returns a list of handles. If EVENT_MASK is not given then a list of all handles known will be returned. If EVENT_MASK is given then a list of handles will be returned which had one of the events specified by EVENT_MASK happen during the last call ti "poll" SEE ALSO
poll(2), IO::Handle, IO::Select AUTHOR
Graham Barr. Currently maintained by the Perl Porters. Please report all bugs to <perlbug@perl.org>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997-8 Graham Barr <gbarr@pobox.com>. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 IO::Poll(3pm)