Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Extract a part of variable/line content in a file Post 302960634 by RavinderSingh13 on Wednesday 18th of November 2015 01:27:18 AM
Old 11-18-2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkris
I have a variable and assigned the following values
***XYZ_201519_20150929140642_20150929140644_211_0_0_211
I need to read this variable from backward and stop read when I get first underscore (_)
In this scenario I should get 211
Thanks
Kris
Hello Kris,

You could try following too.
Code:
echo "***XYZ_201519_20150929140642_20150929140644_211_0_0_211" | awk -F"_" '{print $NF}'

Output will be as follows.
Code:

In case you need to read from a Input_file then following may help.
Code:
cat Input_file
***XYZ_201519_20150929140642_20150929140644_211_0_0_211

awk -F"_" '{print $NF}' Input_file

Thanks,
R. Singh

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Variable of Content From Part of Other File

I may not being doing this description justice, but I'll give it a try. I created a mailx script; there will be several messages using the same script where the only difference is the content. So I figured I'd make the content of the message a variable retrieved from a separate file. I have five... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: royarellano
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to extract part of xml line via awk?

Hi, I like to set a variable "name" automatically by reading an xml file. My code looks like this: set name = `awk '/<generationTime>/,/<\/generationTime>/ p' $xml_name` the "name" is thus set to <generationTime>2004-12-01T08:23:50.000000</generationTime> How can I separate this line,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: friend
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract part of xml line via awk?

Hi, I like to set a variable "name" automatically by reading an xml file. The name should be set to the date, which is a part of the following line of the xml file: <sceneID>C82_N32_A_SM_strip_008_R_2009-11-24T04:22:12.790028Z</sceneID> How can I separate this line, that the name will... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: friend
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

file content as a part of an if-statement

Hello, I have following problem. I have the result of a database request. I preparated the result via sed, etc. as a string in a file. The string in the file is: ($3==1 || $3==2 || $3==3 || $3==4) Now I want to use the String as a command in an if-statement. So I assigned the string to a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dr_Aleman
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to extract a certain part of a line

Hi friends, I want to select and use the certain part of a line. For example I have the following line home/1245/hgdf/acsdf/myhome/afolder/H2O/endfile how can I extract the part " /myhome/afolder/H2O/endfile " thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rpf
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

cut the variable from the line and use it to find the file and read the content of that file

Hi, I am working on one script..I am having files in the below format file 1 (each line is separated with : delimeter) SPLASH:SPLASH:SVN CIB/MCH:MCH:SVN Now I want from file 1 that most left part of the first line will store in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohit22hamirpur
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using the part of a line as a variable?

Hello Friends, I need a command (or script line) that allows me to use of a part of line (given by me) as a variable. Let us assume the name of the command is MYCMD. When I type MYCMD fish://mfong@vhl.gov.nd/homefolder/hhk/ADS/ it must do the following job cd /homefolder/hhk/ADS/ ... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: rpf
18 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Printing a part of the last line of the specific part of a file

Hi, I have 80 large files, from which I want to get a specific value to run a Bash script. Firstly, I want to get the part of a file which contains this: Name =A xxxxxx yyyyyy zzzzzz aaaaaa bbbbbb Value = 57 This is necessary because in a file there are written more lines which... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: wenclu
6 Replies

9. Programming

PASSING PART OF FILE CONTENT TO VARIABLE

All, I have a log file containing lots of data now i want to extract all text between block below(names) without the title or end pattern but only names, ++++START++++ SCOTT TIGER HENRY PAUL JARED OTIENO OMOLLO JA NIGERIA ++++END++++ the names i want to return and store in a variable in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Scott2000
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading text file, comparing a value in a line, and placing only part of the line in a variable?

I need some help. I would like to read in a text file. Take a variable such as ROW-D-01, compare it to what's in one line in the text file such as PROD/VM/ROW-D-01 and only input PROD/VM into a variable without the /ROW-D-01. Is this possible? any help is appreciated. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xChristopher
2 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)