Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Grep three consecutive lines if each lines contains certain string Post 302960587 by Saumitra Pandey on Tuesday 17th of November 2015 09:32:41 AM
Old 11-17-2015
Linux Grep three consecutive lines if each lines contains certain string

say we have :

Code:
2914 | REQUEST | whatever
2914 | RESPONSE | whatever
2914 | SUCCESS | whatever
2985 | RESPONSE | whatever
2986 | REQUEST | whatever
2990 | REQUEST | whatever
2985 | RESPONSE | whatever
2996 | REQUEST | whatever
2010 | SUCCESS | whatever
2013 | REQUEST | whatever
2013 | RESPONSE | whatever
2013 | SUCCESS | whatever
2076 | REQUEST | whatever
2078 | RESPONSE | whatever

should print:
Code:
2914 | REQUEST | whatever
2914 | RESPONSE | whatever
2914 | SUCCESS | whatever
2013 | REQUEST | whatever
2013 | RESPONSE | whatever
2013 | SUCCESS | whatever

already in one of the threads below command is used for 2 consecutive line. I want similar command for 3 consecutive line:
Code:
awk -F"|" '$2 ~ "REQUEST" {s=$0;f=1;next} f && $2 ~ "RESPONSE" {print s RS $0;f=0}' file

Also, please explain how the command works. I have very basic knowledge about awk.

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment edit by bakunin: please use CODE-tags yourself. I have provided a few from my own wealth of them as a welcome give, but from now on i will tax every occasion where i have to spend some on your texts with infraction points. Use CODE-tags, as required by the forum rules and we will get along well, though.

Last edited by bakunin; 11-17-2015 at 11:04 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep string & next n lines

need help on this. let say i hv 1 file contains as below: STRING Description bla bla bla Description yada yada yada Data bla bla Data yada yada how do i want to display n lines after the string? thanks in advance! (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashterix
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Like grep -v for a string over 2 lines? Sed?

Hi, I have a log file that I need to monitor as it's being written to, and I want to exclude certain strings from the output. At the moment I'm using ... tail -f LogFileName_`date +%d`.log | egrep -v "First String To Exclude | 2nd string | 3rd string" ...which works OK - but now I need to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jake657
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print lines between two lines after grep for a text string

I have several very large file that are extracts from Oracle tables. These files are formatted in XML type syntax with multiple entries like: <ROW> some information more information </ROW> I want to grep for some words, then print all lines between <ROW> AND </ROW>. Can this be done with AWK?... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jbruce
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge two non-consecutive lines based on line number or string

This is a variation of an earlier post found here: unixcom/shell-programming-scripting/159821-merge-two-non-consecutive-lines.html User Bartus11 was kind enough to solve that example. Previously, I needed help combining two lines that are non-consecutive in a file. Now I need to do the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: munkee
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep a string from input file and delete next three lines including the line contains string in xml

Hi, 1_strings file contains $ cat 1_strings /home/$USER/Src /home/Valid /home/Review$ cat myxml <projected value="some string" path="/home/$USER/Src"> <input 1/> <estimate value/> <somestring/> </projected> <few more lines > <projected value="some string" path="/home/$USER/check">... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: greet_sed
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

aix :grep to get lines before and after string

am using AIX and I have a string "There is no process to read data written to a pipe". I want to get the output 2 lines before and 4 lines after this string. The string is present like more than 100 times in the log and I want to output, the last result in the log with this string I tried using... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: PhAnT0M
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep couple of consecutive lines if each lines contains certain string

Hello, I want to extract from a file like : 20120530025502914 | REQUEST | whatever 20120530025502968 | RESPONSE | whatever 20120530025502985 | RESPONSE | whatever 20120530025502996 | REQUEST | whatever 20120530025503013 | REQUEST | whatever 20120530025503045 | RESPONSE | whatever I want... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: black_fender
14 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep 2 consecutive lines and replace the second line in a file

I have a file lake this cat ex1.txt </DISCOUNTS> <B2B_SPECIFICATION elem="0"> <B2B_SPECIFICATION elem="0"> <DESCR>Netti 2 </DESCR> <NUMBER>D02021507505</NUMBER> </B2B_SPECIFICATION> <B2B_SPECIFICATION elem="1"> <DESCR>Puhepaketti</DESCR>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dhoni
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep a string and count following lines starting with another string

I have a large dataset with following structure; C 0001 Carbon D SAR001 methane D SAR002 ethane D SAR003 propane D SAR004 butane D SAR005 pentane C 0002 Hydrogen C 0003 Nitrogen C 0004 Oxygen D SAR011 ozone D SAR012 super oxide C 0005 Sulphur D SAR013... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Syeda Sumayya
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove duplicate consecutive lines with specific string

Hello, I'm trying to remove the duplicate consecutive lines with specific string "WARNING". File.txt abc; WARNING 2345 WARNING 2345 WARNING 2345 WARNING 2345 WARNING 2345 bcd; abc; 123 123 123 WARNING 1234 WARNING 2345 WARNING 2345 efgh; (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mannu2525
6 Replies
.::SWF::TextField(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				    .::SWF::TextField(3pm)

NAME
SWF::TextField - SWF TextField class SYNOPSIS
use SWF::TextField; $textfield = new SWF::TextField([$flags]); DESCRIPTION
Unlike SWF::Text objects, TextFields cannot be rotated, scaled non-proportionally, or skewed. However, TextFields can be used as form entries and they can use browser-defined fonts. NOTES
: TextField is implemented into Flash since Flash3. Most of features for TextFields are available since Flash4. Simple HTML-tags in TextField are possible since Flash5. METHODS
new SWF::TextField([$flags]); Creates a TextField object whose behaviour is dictated by "flags" (see also SWF::Constants): SWFTEXTFIELD_NOEDIT: Non-editable Textfiled SWFTEXTFIELD_PASSWORD: Obscure user input with astricts. SWFTEXTFIELD_DRAWBOX: Draw a border around TextField SWFTEXTFIELD_MULTILINE: TextFiels may contain multiple lines SWFTEXTFIELD_WORDWRAP: Warp text when text reaches TextField border SWFTEXTFIELD_NOSELECT: TextField is not selected when user clicks on it SWFTEXTFIELD_ALIGN_LEFT: Align text to the left SWFTEXTFIELD_ALIGN_RIGHT: Align text to the right SWFTEXTFIELD_ALIGN_CENTER: Align text to the center SWFTEXTFIELD_ALIGN_JUSTIFY: Justify text SWFTEXTFIELD_HTML: Add HTML markup string SWFTEXTFIELD_HASLENGTH: SWFTEXTFIELD_USEFONT: Want to embed font SWFTEXTFIELD_AUTOSIZE: Flags may be combined with the bitwise OR operation. For example: my $t = new SWF::TextField(SWFTEXTFIELD_MULTILINE | SWFTEXTFIELD_WORDWRAP); $textfield->addString($string) $textfield->addUTF8String($UTF8string) Add $string to TextField. Text is appended to the existing text. $textfield->align($alignment) $textfield->setAlignment($alignment) Set the alignment of the text in the textfield. Possible values are SWFTEXTFIELD_ALIGN_LEFT SWFTEXTFIELD_ALIGN_RIGHT SWFTEXTFIELD_ALIGN_CENTER SWFTEXTFIELD_ALIGN_JUSTIFY By default a SWF::TextField ist left aligned. $textfield->setBounds($width, $height) Sets the width and height of the textfield. $textfield->setColor($red, $green, $blue [, $alpha]) Set the color of the text. An 8 bit value for each parameter. You can use the hex or decimal notation. Even mixed. $tf->setColor(0xcc,0,0x33); $tf->setColor(204,0,51,255); $textfield->setFont($font) Sets an SWF::Font object -$font- to be used in the TextField. $textfield->setPadding($padding) Set TextField padding. $textfield->setHeight($height) Set the height of font in your textfield. $textfield->setIndentation($indentation) Set the indentation of the first line of a paragraph. $textfield->setLeftMargin($left) Sets the left margin of the textfield. $textfield->setRightMargin($right) Sets the right margin of the textfield. $textfield->setMargins($left, $right) Sets left and right margins of $textfield. $textfield->setLineSpacing($linespacing) Sets the space between lines. $textfield->setName($name) $textfield->setVariableName($name) Assigns a name to the TextField which could be used to reference the TextField within ActionScript. $textfield->addChars($string) $textfield->addUTF8Chars($UTF8string) Adds characters to a font that will be available within a textfield. $textfield->setFlags($flags) Set TextField behaviour by "flags" (see above new SWF::TextField) For example: $textfield->setFlags(SWFTEXTFIELD_PASSWORD); $textfield->setLength($length) Sets limit for user input size to $length. $textfield->setFieldHeight($height) Sets height limit for visible part of text field. If $height is set to 0, the height is calculated by used font, see setHeight() method. AUTHOR
Soheil Seyfaie (soheil at users.sourceforge.net). SEE ALSO
SWF, SWF::Action, SWF::Button, SWF::Constants, SWF::DisplayItem, SWF::Font, SWF::Movie, SWF::MovieCip, SWF::Text perl v5.14.2 2011-10-26 .::SWF::TextField(3pm)