Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Getting files through find command and listing file modification time upto seconds Post 302960477 by Nitesh sahu on Monday 16th of November 2015 07:13:09 AM
Old 11-16-2015
Getting files through find command and listing file modification time upto seconds

I have to list the files of particular directory using file filter like find -name abc* something and if multiple file exist I also want time of each file up to seconds.

Currently we are getting time up to minutes in AIX is there any way I can get file last modification time up to seconds.

Last edited by rbatte1; 11-16-2015 at 10:10 AM.. Reason: Added ICODE for in-sentence code, corrected spelling

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

ls -e to find out File modification time in secs

Hi All, I would like to know the file modification time till seconds in Unix. So I tried ls -e and it worked fine. This Solaris 5.10 -rw-rw-r-- 1 test admin 22 Sep 12 11:01:37 2008 test_message But I am not able to run the same command in SOlaris 5.6 and also in AIX/HP Is there... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahulkav
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Archive Files over certain modification time

Environment is cygwin on Windows Server 2003 as I could not think how I would achieve this using Windows tools. What I want ot achieve is the following. I have a Directory D:\Data which contains further subfolders and files. I need to move "files" older than 6 months modification time to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jelloir
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find command -- listing files twice

I noticed the other day that after i used the find command to search for some files, the computer listed them twice -- first with just the names of the files (meaning ./(then the individual file names), then with the directory name, followed by the file names (./directory name/file name). I was... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Straitsfan
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Long listing of files using find command on remote server via SSH

Hi , I am trying to find some files on a remote machine using the find command. >ssh -q atukuri@remotehostname find /home/atukuri/ -name abc.txt /home/atukuri/abc.txt The above command works fine and lists the file, but if I want to do a long listing of files (ls -l) its not working . ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: atukuri
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and symbolic link modification time

Hi, I have a directory made up of many symbolic links to folders multiple file systems. I want to return folders modified within the last 50 days, but find is using the link time rather than the target time. find . -type d -mtime -50 Is there a way to either: a) Make a symbolic link... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: earls
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to get access time of a file upto the precision of seconds?

Hi , How can I get the last access time of a file upto the precesion of seconds in Unix. I cannot use stat as this is not supported. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: kanus
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to list the files based on the modification time using the find command?

Hi All, I need to list the files based modification time of the files from a directory, I cannot use "ls -t" as there are lot of files, which "ls" command cannot handle. New files will land there daily. So iam looking for an alternative through "find"command. All suggestions are welcomed. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kesavan
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ls ignoring files from their modification time

Hi everyone, I'd like to know if is there a way to list files but ignoring some according to their modification time (or creation, access time, etc.) with the command 'ls' alone. I know the option -I exist, but it seems to only looking in the file name.. Thank you in advance for the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Keyhaku
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delay of upto 7 seconds after typing in putty

Hi Friends, I am facing a very strange issue . I type something on putty session of servers of my work(locating in North America) and it appears only after 7 seconds or so. I am located in India. It doesn't happen with my colleagues who are sitting next to me :(. I use the ssh protocol to connect... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kunwar
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Listing only the files under a directory from the result of find command

Hi, I have a main folder 'home'. Lets say there is a folder 'bin' under 'home'. I want to check the list of files under subdirectories present under the /bin directory created in the last 24 hours. I am using the following find command under home/bin directory: find . -mtime -1 -print ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DJose
3 Replies
lookbib(1)							   User Commands							lookbib(1)

NAME
lookbib - find references in a bibliographic database SYNOPSIS
lookbib database DESCRIPTION
A bibliographic reference is a set of lines, constituting fields of bibliographic information. Each field starts on a line beginning with a `%', followed by a key-letter, then a blank, and finally the contents of the field, which may continue until the next line starting with `%'. The lookbib utility uses an inverted index made by indxbib to find sets of bibliographic references. It reads keywords typed after the `>' prompt on the terminal, and retrieves records containing all these keywords. If nothing matches, nothing is returned except another `>' prompt. It is possible to search multiple databases, as long as they have a common index made by indxbib(1). In that case, only the first argument given to indxbib is specified to lookbib. If lookbib does not find the index files (the .i[abc] files), it looks for a reference file with the same name as the argument, without the suffixes. It creates a file with a .ig suffix, suitable for use with fgrep (see grep(1)). lookbib then uses this fgrep file to find refer- ences. This method is simpler to use, but the .ig file is slower to use than the .i[abc] files, and does not allow the use of multiple reference files. FILES
x.ia x.ib x.ic index files x.ig reference file ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWdoc | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
addbib(1), grep(1), indxbib(1), refer(1), roffbib(1), sortbib(1), attributes(5) BUGS
Probably all dates should be indexed, since many disciplines refer to literature written in the 1800s or earlier. SunOS 5.10 14 Sep 1992 lookbib(1)