Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: CUPS configuration
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers CUPS configuration Post 302960421 by MadeInGermany on Sunday 15th of November 2015 03:33:13 PM
Old 11-15-2015
Put the one line in each cups/client.conf
Code:
ServerName cupsserv

Put a host alias cupsserv to your central hosts (e.g. CNAME to your DNS).

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Installation of CUPS in HP-UX

Hi, Can anybody provide me the download link for CUPS on HP-UX 11i? and point me where i can get thorough help or howtos, certainly detailed, to get cups and hopefully my printer running? Thanks in advance. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: meeraramanathan
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how does cups recognize a new driver?

hi there, i am attempting to recognize a network printer on my red hat box. i know the IP, i have procured the correct driver, however, CUPS (nor the add printer utility) doesn't recognize the driver nor the printer type. i am assuming this has to do with the location of the driver. can anyone... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vickenyon
8 Replies

3. Red Hat

Problem with compileing CUPS

Hi guys, I'm trying to install a newer version of CUPS and my compilation fails: # ./configure checking for gawk... gawk checking for gcc... gcc checking for C compiler default output file name... a.out checking whether the C compiler works... yes checking whether we are cross compiling...... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: eliraza6
4 Replies

4. Debian

CUPS Cannot recognize lp0

I am trying to print from Debian and receive the following message: "Unable to open device file"/dev/lp0": Permission Denied" The permissions for lp0 are 666. Advice and comments, please. :wall: Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: woofy613
0 Replies

5. Red Hat

CUPS print issue

Hi all, unable to print from linux box. Earlier it used to work fine. The print job is sitting in the queue and not going to printer. Removed queue job and tried again but no luck. Tried "cupsenable" but ended up with no success. I tried to print two text files as "root" with "lp " command... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lramsb4u
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Printer configuration Migration from Solaris 10 "LP" to Solaris 11 "CUPS"

Need to find a way to import an LP printers.conf file to CUPS. I have some new Solaris 11.1 boxes that need to have 300 printers added. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: os2mac
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CUPs automation

A little background information: We are a company that uses Sharp MFP devices for everyone to print on. We have a lot of MAC BYOD devices. All printing is done through a product called PaperCut which is ran on a Windows 2008 R2 server. Sharp charges our company for each print job done in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jdmorecraft
1 Replies

8. Solaris

CUPS problems

I am running cups 2.0.2 on solaris 11, trying to get CUPS to report the page count of what was printed correctly. Right now I have the printer configured as post script both on solaris and on the windows box i am printing from. What happens is that when i print more pages than 2, the page count... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: matt99199
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

CUPS has gone away

I cannot access CUPS When I try http://localhost:631/ I receive This site can't be reached localhost refused to connect. I have purged and reinstalled CUPS and rebooted. It did not help. (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Meow613
14 Replies
cupsenable(8)							    Apple Inc.							     cupsenable(8)

NAME
cupsdisable, cupsenable - stop/start printers and classes SYNOPSIS
cupsdisable [ -E ] [ -U username ] [ -c ] [ -h server[:port] ] [ -r reason ] [ --hold ] destination(s) cupsenable [ -E ] [ -U username ] [ -c ] [ -h server[:port] ] [ --release ] destination(s) DESCRIPTION
cupsenable starts the named printers or classes while cupsdisable stops the named printers or classes. OPTIONS
The following options may be used: -E Forces encryption of the connection to the server. -U username Uses the specified username when connecting to the server. -c Cancels all jobs on the named destination. -h server[:port] Uses the specified server and port. --hold Holds remaining jobs on the named printer. Useful for allowing the current job to complete before performing maintenance. -r "reason" Sets the message associated with the stopped state. If no reason is specified then the message is set to "Reason Unknown". --release Releases pending jobs for printing. Use after running cupsdisable with the --hold option to resume printing. CONFORMING TO
Unlike the System V printing system, CUPS allows printer names to contain any printable character except SPACE, TAB, "/", or "#". Also, printer and class names are not case-sensitive. The System V versions of these commands are disable and enable, respectively. They have been renamed to avoid conflicts with the bash(1) build-in commands of the same names. The CUPS versions of disable and enable may ask the user for an access password depending on the printing system configuration. This dif- fers from the System V versions which require the root user to execute these commands. SEE ALSO
cupsaccept(8), cupsreject(8), cancel(1), lp(1), lpadmin(8), lpstat(1), CUPS Online Help (http://localhost:631/help) COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2007-2017 by Apple Inc. 11 June 2014 CUPS cupsenable(8)