Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Conditionally replace field content Post 302960290 by dovah on Friday 13th of November 2015 07:44:26 AM
Old 11-13-2015
Conditionally replace field content

Hello

I am trying to conditionally replace field content in $2 of input file if pattern is found in $4 of the same tab-separated input file. Currently, $2 is empty. I am trying (with no success):
Code:
awk -F "\t" 'BEGIN {FS="\t"}{ if ($4=="NO") $2=$2"NO"; print $0}' in > out

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

change field content awk

I have a line like this: I want to move HTTP/1.1 200 OK to the next line and put a blank line between the two lines i.e. How can i get it using awk? Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: littleboyblu
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to spilit a row into fields and store the field content to the array

consider this is a line A#B#C#D#E#F#G#H note the delimeter is # i want to cut or spilt in to fields using the delimeter # and to store in an array. like this array=A array=B array=C array=D array=E and the array content should be displayed. echo "${array}" echo "${array}"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: barani75
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace blank field in file 2 with content of file 1

Something like vlookup in excel, column 2 in file 2 is blank and should be replaced by column 2 in file 1 based on comparing column 1 in both files. file1 Code: 1234~abc~b~c~d~e~f~g~h~09/10/09 5678~def~b~c~d~e~f~g~h~12/06/10 8910~hij~b~c~d~e~f~g~h~03/28/13... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sigh2010
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace a text in a file conditionally?

I have got about 100 ascii files and I want replace some variable with a new one on an HP-UX system. But I want to put a line of comments before the change. I want to make file1 to file2. I am explaining below. file1: line1 line2 export QNAME=ABC line4 line5 file2: line1 line2 #... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: asutoshch
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed to replace a field from a line with another field

i have something like this, cat filename.txt hui this si s"dfgdfg" omeone ipaddress="10.19.123.104" wel hope this works i want to replace only 10.19.123.104 with different ip say 10.19.123.103 i tried this sed -i "s/'ipaddress'/'ipaddress=10.19.123.103'/g" filename.txt ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to conditionally replace a pattern?

Hi, How to replace only the function calls with a new name and skip the function definition and declarations. consider the following code. There are 2 functions defined here returnint and returnvoid. I need to replace returnint with giveint and returnvoid with givevoid only in the function... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: i.srini89
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to conditionally replace a pattern?

Hi, How to replace only the function calls with a new name and skip the function definition and declarations. consider the following code. There are 2 functions defined here returnint and returnvoid. I need to replace returnint with giveint and returnvoid with givevoid only in the function... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: i.srini89
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace a field with a character as per the field length

Hi all, I have a requirement to replace a field with a character as per the length of the field. Suppose i have a file where second field is of 20 character length. I want to replace second field with 20 stars (*). like ******************** As the field is not a fixed one, i want to do the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gani_85
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Conditionally replace nth argument of every function call

I have very large perl source code file and I want to replace every occurrence function say foo,The function foo has some arguments and I want to replace 2nd argument,the current argument is hex integer and i want to replace it to equivalent string.Also I want to replace function name foo with... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pravint
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to replace last field in a file,if first field matches

Hi, Need to replace last field in a file(/etc/passwd) ,if first filed matches with particular username. Scenario: cat testfor1 deekshi:x:7082:7082::/home/deekshi:/bin/bash harini1:x:7083:7083::/home/harini1:/bin/bash Here,if first field contains "deekshi", then i should replace... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sumanthsv
4 Replies
MB_EREGI_REPLACE(3)							 1						       MB_EREGI_REPLACE(3)

mb_eregi_replace - Replace regular expression with multibyte support ignoring case

SYNOPSIS
string mb_eregi_replace (string $pattern, string $replace, string $string, [string $option = "msri"]) DESCRIPTION
Scans $string for matches to $pattern, then replaces the matched text with $replacement. PARAMETERS
o $pattern - The regular expression pattern. Multibyte characters may be used. The case will be ignored. o $replace - The replacement text. o $string - The searched string. o $option -$option has the same meaning as in mb_ereg_replace(3). RETURN VALUES
The resultant string or FALSE on error. NOTES
Note The internal encoding or the character encoding specified by mb_regex_encoding(3) will be used as the character encoding for this function. Warning Never use the e modifier when working on untrusted input. No automatic escaping will happen (as known from preg_replace(3)). Not taking care of this will most likely create remote code execution vulnerabilities in your application. SEE ALSO
mb_regex_encoding(3), mb_ereg_replace(3). PHP Documentation Group MB_EREGI_REPLACE(3)