Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Filename with datetime
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Filename with datetime Post 302960211 by rbatte1 on Thursday 12th of November 2015 06:26:36 AM
Old 11-12-2015
Hello bghosh,

What have tried so far?

Assuming that your code may want to write to the file several times, it' probably best to set a variable early on to set the value and then use that through the rest of your code.

Something like this might help:-
Code:
timestamp=`date +%Y%m%d%h%M%S`

printf "Hello world\n" > ABC_$timestamp.txt

Make sure you read your manual pages for the date command to make sure you have the correct values in this string.

Last edited by Don Cragun; 11-12-2015 at 11:53 AM.. Reason: Fix typo: s/5M/%M/

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

datetime.pm

Hi, I'm trying to use datetime.pm function in Perl. I do not have in the library. Is there a way to get it and put it into library? Thanks, George. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gpaulose
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk new datetime everyline

Hi, I'm using awk in HP-UX machine which does not support systime(), strftime(). So to get the date time I was using : seq 1 100000 | awk ' "date +%Y%m%d%H%M%s" | getline curtime; print curtime }' However the above code gets the date only once, next time it is not updated. For... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Random_Net
2 Replies

3. Programming

SQL datetime calculation

Suppose I have a mysql table consisting of measurements taken during irregular intervals as follows: CREATE TABLE data (datetime DATETIME, value INTEGER); mysql> SELECT datetime, value FROM data; +---------------------+---------+ | datetime | value |... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to compare datetime?

Hi, To get the batch status, I will need to check if the particular job started after 5PM. if the job start time is before 5 pm, then it means that the job has not started for this particular date. I will run the script with date as argument. For eg: BS 07/10/2012 Start time from the log is... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayakunuri
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding 48 hours to DateTime

Hey Guys, I have looked for a solution throughout the forum for my particular question, but I cant find one. So I'm sorry if I overlooked it. I need to be able to 48 add hours to a particular DateTime string. I have a variable named $startTime I would like to be able to take that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chagan02
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to add a datetime stamp at a particular position in a filename?

hi, i have some files in a directory say abc.txt def.txt ghi.txt i am storing these file names in a temp file. ls -l | grep "^-" | awk '{print $NF}' > temp_file$$ i want to add a date time stamp at a particular place in the file names. it can be 1) before the extension... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Little
2 Replies

7. AIX

AIX DateTime Computation

Good day people, Kindly advice on below please. 1) Formatting/ Arithmetic operation of given date I understand from the AIX man date and some research that flag -d is not applicable for AIX shell scripting and some of the UNIX command date command is not available in AIX. Please advice... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cielle
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find files between two datetime..

Hi All, How do i find all the files between two times. Eg: 26 may 2014 06:00 to 26 may 2014 14:00 mmin and mtime gives for a specific period. we receive hundreds of files input directories and i need to find how many files are received between given specific datetime. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhi_123
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

SunOS compare datetime

Hi i need to compare the datetime between 2 columns. SunOS 5.1 is used. Notice that mktime seems like not supported. cat file2 P1,2012 12 4 21 36 48,2012 12 4 22 26 53 P2,2012 12 4 20 36 48,2012 12 4 21 21 23 P3,2012 12 4 18 36 48,2012 12 4 20 12 35 Below is the command used.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chailee
1 Replies
DateTime::Format::DB2(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				DateTime::Format::DB2(3pm)

NAME
DateTime::Format::DB2 - Parse and format DB2 dates and times SYNOPSIS
use DateTime::Format::DB2; my $dt = DateTime::Format::DB2->parse_timestamp( '2003-01-16-23.12.01.300000' ); # 2003-01-16-23.12.01.300000 DateTime::Format::DB2->format_timestamp($dt); DESCRIPTION
This module understands the formats used by DB2 for its DATE, TIME, and TIMESTAMP data types. It can be used to parse these formats in order to create DateTime objects, and it can take a DateTime object and produce a string representing it in the DB2 format. METHODS
This class offers the following methods. All of the parsing methods set the returned DateTime object's time zone to the floating time zone, because DB2 does not provide time zone information. * parse_time($string) * parse_date($string) * parse_timestamp($string) Given a value of the appropriate type, this method will return a new "DateTime" object. The time zone for this object will always be the floating time zone, because by DB2 stores the local datetime, not UTC. If given an improperly formatted string, this method may die. * format_date($datetime) * format_time($datetime) * format_timestamp($datetime) Given a "DateTime" object, this methods returns an appropriately formatted string. SUPPORT
Support for this module is provided via the datetime@perl.org email list. See http://lists.perl.org/ for more details. AUTHOR
Jess Robinson <castaway@desert-island.demon.co.uk> This module was shamelessly cloned from Dave Rolsky's DateTime::Format::MySQL module. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2005 Jess Robinson. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
datetime@perl.org mailing list http://datetime.perl.org/ perl v5.8.8 2007-01-20 DateTime::Format::DB2(3pm)