Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Filename with datetime
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Filename with datetime Post 302960208 by bghosh on Thursday 12th of November 2015 05:25:26 AM
Old 11-12-2015
Filename with datetime

Hello All,

I need unix command to generate a file with datetime in it.
For example :

ABC_YYYYMMDDHH24MISS.txt

Regards
Biswajeet Ghosh

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

datetime.pm

Hi, I'm trying to use datetime.pm function in Perl. I do not have in the library. Is there a way to get it and put it into library? Thanks, George. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gpaulose
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk new datetime everyline

Hi, I'm using awk in HP-UX machine which does not support systime(), strftime(). So to get the date time I was using : seq 1 100000 | awk ' "date +%Y%m%d%H%M%s" | getline curtime; print curtime }' However the above code gets the date only once, next time it is not updated. For... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Random_Net
2 Replies

3. Programming

SQL datetime calculation

Suppose I have a mysql table consisting of measurements taken during irregular intervals as follows: CREATE TABLE data (datetime DATETIME, value INTEGER); mysql> SELECT datetime, value FROM data; +---------------------+---------+ | datetime | value |... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to compare datetime?

Hi, To get the batch status, I will need to check if the particular job started after 5PM. if the job start time is before 5 pm, then it means that the job has not started for this particular date. I will run the script with date as argument. For eg: BS 07/10/2012 Start time from the log is... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayakunuri
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding 48 hours to DateTime

Hey Guys, I have looked for a solution throughout the forum for my particular question, but I cant find one. So I'm sorry if I overlooked it. I need to be able to 48 add hours to a particular DateTime string. I have a variable named $startTime I would like to be able to take that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chagan02
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to add a datetime stamp at a particular position in a filename?

hi, i have some files in a directory say abc.txt def.txt ghi.txt i am storing these file names in a temp file. ls -l | grep "^-" | awk '{print $NF}' > temp_file$$ i want to add a date time stamp at a particular place in the file names. it can be 1) before the extension... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Little
2 Replies

7. AIX

AIX DateTime Computation

Good day people, Kindly advice on below please. 1) Formatting/ Arithmetic operation of given date I understand from the AIX man date and some research that flag -d is not applicable for AIX shell scripting and some of the UNIX command date command is not available in AIX. Please advice... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cielle
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find files between two datetime..

Hi All, How do i find all the files between two times. Eg: 26 may 2014 06:00 to 26 may 2014 14:00 mmin and mtime gives for a specific period. we receive hundreds of files input directories and i need to find how many files are received between given specific datetime. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhi_123
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

SunOS compare datetime

Hi i need to compare the datetime between 2 columns. SunOS 5.1 is used. Notice that mktime seems like not supported. cat file2 P1,2012 12 4 21 36 48,2012 12 4 22 26 53 P2,2012 12 4 20 36 48,2012 12 4 21 21 23 P3,2012 12 4 18 36 48,2012 12 4 20 12 35 Below is the command used.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chailee
1 Replies
QDateTimeEdit(3qt)														QDateTimeEdit(3qt)

NAME
QDateTimeEdit - Combines a QDateEdit and QTimeEdit widget into a single widget for editing datetimes SYNOPSIS
#include <qdatetimeedit.h> Inherits QWidget. Public Members QDateTimeEdit ( QWidget * parent = 0, const char * name = 0 ) QDateTimeEdit ( const QDateTime & datetime, QWidget * parent = 0, const char * name = 0 ) ~QDateTimeEdit () QDateTime dateTime () const QDateEdit * dateEdit () QTimeEdit * timeEdit () virtual void setAutoAdvance ( bool advance ) bool autoAdvance () const Public Slots virtual void setDateTime ( const QDateTime & dt ) Signals void valueChanged ( const QDateTime & datetime ) Properties QDateTime dateTime - the editor's datetime value DESCRIPTION
The QDateTimeEdit class combines a QDateEdit and QTimeEdit widget into a single widget for editing datetimes. QDateTimeEdit consists of a QDateEdit and QTimeEdit widget placed side by side and offers the functionality of both. The user can edit the date and time by using the keyboard or the arrow keys to increase/decrease date or time values. The Tab key can be used to move from section to section within the QDateTimeEdit widget, and the user can be moved automatically when they complete a section using setAutoAdvance(). The datetime can be set with setDateTime(). The date format is read from the system's locale settings. It is set to year, month, day order if that is not possible. See QDateEdit::setOrder() to change this. Times appear in the order hours, minutes, seconds using the 24 hour clock. It is recommended that the QDateTimeEdit is initialised with a datetime, e.g. QDateTimeEdit *dateTimeEdit = new QDateTimeEdit( QDateTime::currentDateTime(), this ); dateTimeEdit->dateEdit()->setRange( QDateTime::currentDate(), QDateTime::currentDate().addDays( 7 ) ); Here we've created a new QDateTimeEdit set to the current date and time, and set the date to have a minimum date of now and a maximum date of a week from now. Terminology: A QDateEdit widget consists of three 'sections', one each for the year, month and day. Similarly a QTimeEdit consists of three sections, one each for the hour, minute and second. The character that separates each date section is specified with setDateSeparator(); similarly setTimeSeparator() is used for the time sections. <center> [Image Omitted] </center> See also QDateEdit, QTimeEdit, Advanced Widgets, and Time and Date. MEMBER FUNCTION DOCUMENTATION
QDateTimeEdit::QDateTimeEdit ( QWidget * parent = 0, const char * name = 0 ) Constructs an empty datetime edit with parent parent and called name. QDateTimeEdit::QDateTimeEdit ( const QDateTime & datetime, QWidget * parent = 0, const char * name = 0 ) This is an overloaded member function, provided for convenience. It behaves essentially like the above function. Constructs a datetime edit with the initial value datetime, parent parent and called name. QDateTimeEdit::~QDateTimeEdit () Destroys the object and frees any allocated resources. bool QDateTimeEdit::autoAdvance () const Returns TRUE if auto-advance is enabled, otherwise returns FALSE. See also setAutoAdvance(). QDateEdit * QDateTimeEdit::dateEdit () Returns the internal widget used for editing the date part of the datetime. QDateTime QDateTimeEdit::dateTime () const Returns the editor's datetime value. See the "dateTime" property for details. void QDateTimeEdit::setAutoAdvance ( bool advance ) [virtual] Sets the auto advance property of the editor to advance. If set to TRUE, the editor will automatically advance focus to the next date or time section if the user has completed a section. void QDateTimeEdit::setDateTime ( const QDateTime & dt ) [virtual slot] Sets the editor's datetime value to dt. See the "dateTime" property for details. QTimeEdit * QDateTimeEdit::timeEdit () Returns the internal widget used for editing the time part of the datetime. void QDateTimeEdit::valueChanged ( const QDateTime & datetime ) [signal] This signal is emitted every time the date or time changes. The datetime argument is the new datetime. Property Documentation QDateTime dateTime This property holds the editor's datetime value. The datetime edit's datetime which may be an invalid datetime. Set this property's value with setDateTime() and get this property's value with dateTime(). SEE ALSO
http://doc.trolltech.com/qdatetimeedit.html http://www.trolltech.com/faq/tech.html COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1992-2007 Trolltech ASA, http://www.trolltech.com. See the license file included in the distribution for a complete license statement. AUTHOR
Generated automatically from the source code. BUGS
If you find a bug in Qt, please report it as described in http://doc.trolltech.com/bughowto.html. Good bug reports help us to help you. Thank you. The definitive Qt documentation is provided in HTML format; it is located at $QTDIR/doc/html and can be read using Qt Assistant or with a web browser. This man page is provided as a convenience for those users who prefer man pages, although this format is not officially supported by Trolltech. If you find errors in this manual page, please report them to qt-bugs@trolltech.com. Please include the name of the manual page (qdatetimeedit.3qt) and the Qt version (3.3.8). Trolltech AS 2 February 2007 QDateTimeEdit(3qt)