Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk command hash array not printing Post 302960184 by Scrutinizer on Wednesday 11th of November 2015 10:49:57 PM
Old 11-11-2015
Try:
Code:
print $4,a[$4],$3

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

changing Hash printing options for FTP

Hi!!, I usually have to ftp massive files ~200MB. The default hash printing option marks a hash for every 1024 bytes. Any ideas how to change this setting to some other value?? I know no one like to see logfiles of size ~2mb just filled with hashes.. :D (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jyotipg
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

getting data list into a hash array

Begginer alert!! I have just started learning perl and have got stuck. I need to initialize a hash array with values from a list. I've been told to do this using a split command, but its just not happening. Here is the script and output: SCRIPT: #!/bin/perl system("clear"); ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: topcat8
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hash within array, within hash, within array...

I have a little problem. To keep a configuration simple, I've exceeded my perl knowledge. :-) I've worked with multi-dimentional arrays before, but this one has me beat: @info = ( { 'defval' => 'abc' 'stats' = ( { 'name' => 'a', }, { 'name' =>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jsmoriss
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

hash,array and perl

Hi,i have a code fragment below. %tag = (); #line 1 $tag{'info'} = $datastring; #line 2 $resp = $ua->request( #$ua is a user agent POST 'http://10.2.3.0' , Content_Type => application/x-www-form-urlencoded Content => #line 3 I am not sure of what the code... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: new2ss
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl array question from going through hash

suppose my @{$data1{$callid}}; cotains one two three three five six one two three of random patterns but each item is separated by white space or tab, Below code extract and get rid of the whitespace perfectly so that it shows now like this onetwothree threefivesix... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hankooknara
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL - printing a hash of hashes to screen

Hi there I have a hash of hashes made up of the following data bge0|100|half|10.36.100.21 bge1|1000|full|10.36.100.22 bge2|1000|full|10.36.100.23 which when i turn into a hash, would look like this inside the system bge0 -> nic_speed -> 100 nic_duplex -> half ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Array of hash in perl does not work

Hi , I have an input.txt file that i read node: id= c1, class=nb, cx=100, cy=100, r=10 node: id=c2, class=b, cx=150, cy=130, r=10 node: id=c3, class=nb, cx=50, cy=80, r=10 node: id=c4, class=nb, cx=120, cy=200, r=10 i split over , and = to create a global array and then passed it to a... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rsanjay
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

printing array elements inside AWK

i just want to dump my array and see if it contains the values i am expecting. It should print as follows, ignore=345fht ignore=rthfg56 . . . ignore=49568g Here is the code. Is this even possible to do? please help termReport.pl < $4 | dos2ux | head -2000 | awk ' BEGIN... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: usustarr
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

array of hash - perl

How do I get the unique hashes from an array of hashes? @ar1 = ( {a=>1,b=>2}, {c=>3,d=>4},{a=>1,b=>2});I need : @ar2 = ( {a=>1,b=>2}, {c=>3,d=>4});Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shellwell
2 Replies

10. Programming

Perl Array within an hash

Hi All I have been using a curl code to output an hash that looks like this $VAR1 = { 'data'... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ab52
5 Replies
IGAWK(1)							 Utility Commands							  IGAWK(1)

NAME
igawk - gawk with include files SYNOPSIS
igawk [ all gawk options ] -f program-file [ -- ] file ... igawk [ all gawk options ] [ -- ] program-text file ... DESCRIPTION
Igawk is a simple shell script that adds the ability to have ``include files'' to gawk(1). AWK programs for igawk are the same as for gawk, except that, in addition, you may have lines like @include getopt.awk in your program to include the file getopt.awk from either the current directory or one of the other directories in the search path. OPTIONS
See gawk(1) for a full description of the AWK language and the options that gawk supports. EXAMPLES
cat << EOF > test.awk @include getopt.awk BEGIN { while (getopt(ARGC, ARGV, "am:q") != -1) ... } EOF igawk -f test.awk SEE ALSO
gawk(1) Effective AWK Programming, Edition 1.0, published by the Free Software Foundation, 1995. AUTHOR
Arnold Robbins (arnold@skeeve.com). Free Software Foundation Nov 3 1999 IGAWK(1)