Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting ksh Script - Syntax error `done' unexpected Post 302960112 by Aia on Tuesday 10th of November 2015 05:14:36 PM
Old 11-10-2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackrageous
You have a semicolon after the if in search4(). I also think I see it in other if's as well. You have a number of other issues. Separate your functions in single files and debug them, then combine them.

Code:

search4 ()
{
echo "\n Search Function 4 used by ${REPORT} "

RPTLINE=$(more ${RPTFILE} | head -${STARTLINE} | tail -1)
RPTFIELD=$(echo ${RPTFILE} | cut -f${STARTFIELD} -d ",")

if [[ ${RPTFIELD} = ${STRING1} ]];                        <------------------------------- remove semicolon
then
  echo "${RPTFILE} has no detected errors. >> ${APPLOG}
else {
  echo "${RPTFILE} has been identified as having an error. ${INSTRUCTIONS}" >> ${ERROREMAIL}
  echo "Error Found" >> ${APPLOG} }
fi
}

The semicolon is unusual, but OK there. It would be as if:
Code:
if [[ ${RPTFIELD} = ${STRING1} ]]; then
    echo "..."

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sh: syntax error: `...' unexpected???

Hello all, I want to create a script that polls every hour a directory for the existence of a file. The file I look for is a `token` dropped by an external process at the completion of a successful FTP process. I wrote this script `checkfile.ksh`: #!/usr/bin/ksh if ] then mailx... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: alan
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk Shell Script error : "Syntax Error : `Split' unexpected

hi there i write one awk script file in shell programing the code is related to dd/mm/yy to month, day year format but i get an error please can anybody help me out in this problem ?????? i give my code here including error awk ` # date-month -- convert mm/dd/yy to month day,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Herry
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help on shell script : syntax error at line 62: `end of file' unexpected

Hi All, I have written a korn script (code pasted below). It is giving the error while debugging "new.sh: syntax error at line 62: `end of file' unexpected". I have re-written the whole code in VI and explored all help related to this error on this Unix forum and tried it. Somehow, I could... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: schandrakar1
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Urgent: Script.sh: syntax error at line 72: `PROGRESS=$' unexpected

I have written a shell script to Automatically FTP a file. The script runs fine when doing it manually but when I schedule it using a crontab it gives me an error. . . . echo "-----------------Starting File FTP---------------------" >> $PROS_LOAD_LOG echo "open X.XX.XX.XXX" >>... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: tanhajoy
13 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

script syntax error: unexpected end of file

Need help. I cannot find the reason for this error: here is the script (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lenora2009
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh syntax error: `(' unexpected

So I am trying to convert my bash script into ksh, and this is what I have in the file so far: #!/bin/ksh login() { if then sendcmd BETA else sendcmd "$(xxd -c 32 -g 0 ${ZETA_ZETA} | awk '{print $2}')" fi } But when I run it: $ ./test.sh ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: guitarscn
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cannot execute/finish script because of last line syntax error: unexpected end of file/token `done'

first of all I thought the argument DONE is necessary for all scripts that have or begin with do statements which I have on my script, However, I still don't completely understand why I am receiving an error I tried adding another done argument statement but didn't do any good. I appreciate... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolf@=NK
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with ksh syntax error Unexpected Fi

Issue resolved, thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dangell82
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with FTP Script which is causing "syntax error: unexpected end of file" Error

Hi All, Please hav a look at the below peice of script and let me know if there are any syntax errors. i found that the below peice of Script is causing issue. when i use SFTP its working fine, but there is a demand to use FTP only. please find below code and explain if anything is wrong... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mahi_mayu069
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Syntax error: `]' unexpected

I am getting this error Syntax error: `]' unexpected. Did I do something wrong with elif? Does ksh not like double brackets? if ]; then #echo hi source ~/.bashrc; elif ]; then #echo hi source ~/.kshrc; fi (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
5 Replies
times(1)							   User Commands							  times(1)

NAME
times - shell built-in function to report time usages of the current shell SYNOPSIS
sh times ksh times DESCRIPTION
sh Print the accumulated user and system times for processes run from the shell. ksh Print the accumulated user and system times for the shell and for processes run from the shell. On this man page, ksh(1) commands that are preceded by one or two * (asterisks) are treated specially in the following ways: 1. Variable assignment lists preceding the command remain in effect when the command completes. 2. I/O redirections are processed after variable assignments. 3. Errors cause a script that contains them to abort. 4. Words, following a command preceded by ** that are in the format of a variable assignment, are expanded with the same rules as a vari- able assignment. This means that tilde substitution is performed after the = sign and word splitting and file name generation are not performed. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ksh(1), sh(1), time(1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 15 Apr 1994 times(1)