Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Setting a variable in a stream of commands Post 302960097 by cjcox on Tuesday 10th of November 2015 03:02:15 PM
Old 11-10-2015
You're assumption is that final.enc can be run through a layer of evaluation.... so I'll stick with that assumption.... (and it's a big assumption!)

Code:
finalenc=`cat final.enc`
AgentDX=/tmp/tesfinal
eval echo "${finalenc}" | openssl aes-128-cbc -a -d -salt -k hello | sh

To avoid the evaluation, maybe a substitution would be better on the stream.
It would help (IMHO) if the AgentDX instead of being $AgentDX in final.enc , if instead it were ${AgentDX}. That's just a bit safer/easier on the parse.

then you could have:
Code:
AgentDX=/tmp/tesfinal
sed "s;\${AgentDX};${AgentDX};g" final.enc | openssl ... etc...

This User Gave Thanks to cjcox For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

setting CC variable

I am trying to install GCC-3.1.1 on an SGI Indigo2. I already have MIPSpro 7.2.1 installed. However, when I try to configure GCC-3.1.1, I get the message "cc ERROR: cc -o conftest -g failed, You must set the environment variable CC to a working compiler." What is the name of the MIPSpro c++... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mdbanas
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Setting a variable

I want to set a variable to be any number of dashes. Rather than doing the following: MYVAR="------------------" I'd like to be able to set the variable to, say, 80 dashes but don't want to have to count 80 dashes. Is there a way to do this? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: photh
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Variable setting help please

L=0 cat test.sh | while read line do L='expr $1 + 1' echo $L done echo $l >>> the echo $L at the end produces 0 but i actually want it to produce the number of lines - any idea why this is happening? (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: penfold
16 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Setting variable

How do you set a varible with information that contains a string and also another variable? For example: subject="Attention: $name / This $type needs your attention" The $xxxx are of course other variables that I instantiated earlier. Is it like Java where you have to use double quotes and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: briskbaby
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

setting a variable

In my script, I have the following command.... du -sk `ls -ltd sales12|awk '{print $11}'`|awk '{print $1}' it returns the value 383283 I want to modify my script to capture that value into a variable. So, I try doing the following... var1=`du -sk `ls -ltd sales12|awk '{print... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tumblez
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Interpreting java output stream as system commands in Solaris

Hi there again, Running Solaris 10 with built-in Java. Seems to compile and run fine. Problem is: Say I want to see contents of current directory. In a shell, I'd just write "ls" and it outputs the content. When I write a Java file, I have the following line: System.out.println("ls"); ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: EugeneG
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Video stream] network stream recording with mplayer

Hi I used this command: mplayer http://host/axis-cgi/mjpg/video.cgi -user root -passwd root \ -cache 1024 -fps 25.0 -nosound -vc ffh264 \ -demuxer 3 -dumpstream -dumpfile output.avi It's ok but... Video Playing is very fast! Why? Is it a synch problem? What parameter I have to use for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: takeo.kikuta
1 Replies

8. HP-UX

Setting printer paper length using unix commands

Hi Guys, I have been trying to resolve a printing problem but nothing works out . I have an Epson LQ 680 (dot matrix printer) . I need to print a file . The paper length should be 34 .Left margin should be 5. I have tried the following things after researching from the man pages. pr -t... (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kar1234
24 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problems setting or exporting variable when using multiple commands from same line.

I am experimenting with some scripting as a way to learn more about it. I have a simple script that calls two other scripts. Each script echos some stuff to prove it ran and then sets a simple variable and exports it. I cannot get one of the variables to display back in the main calling script... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: scottrif
2 Replies
RDUP-TR(1)							       rdup								RDUP-TR(1)

NAME
rdup-tr - transform rdup output SYNOPSIS
rdup-tr [OPTION]... DESCRIPTION
Transform rdup output into something else. Where something else can be a tar, cpio, pax archive or another rdup stream. The rdup archive must be given on rdup-tr's standard input. You can select multiple types of output (-O flag), but you must be aware that you may loose some information in formats other than rdup's own, see the table below. You may also supply rdup-tr with only a list of pathnames, this can be selected with the -L flag. The following table shows what happens with the output depending on the input. 0 OK D delete information is lost H hardlink information is lost | | output | tar,cpio,pax | rdup input | | ------------- | ------------- | ------ rdup | D | 0 filelist | DH | H | | OPTIONS
-L Select list input format. Normally rdup-tr accepts rdup output, with this option you can give it a list of path names. Note: with list input rdup-tr will `stat()` each file. -O Output format. This can be 'tar', 'cpio', 'pax' or 'rdup'. It defaults to 'rdup'. -X key Read the encryption key from the file key and encrypt all paths with Blowfish and this key and iv. After the encryption the binary data is converted into ASCII using an URL safe (Section 4 of RFC 3548) version of base64 encode. The encryption key must be on the first line and the key size must be 16 and 8 bytes for the iv, so 24 in total. -Y key Read the decryption key from the file key and decrypt all paths with Blowfish and this key. Before the encryption the paths are con- verted to binary by using an URL safe version of base64 decode. -c Force output to the tty. Normally rdup-tr wants to see it's output redirected. -v Be more verbose. -V Print rdup-tr's version. -h A short help. EXAMPLES
The following is possible rdup -Pgzip -Pmcrypt,-f,KEY,-c /dev/null /home | rdup-tr -O tar -X<(echo secret) | gzip > my-home-zipped-crypted-pathcrypted-tar.gz That is: all files under /home are gzipped and encrypted on a per file basis (first line). Further more, all pathnames are Blowfish encrypted (second line) with the key 'secret'. This is put in a tar file, which is then compressed, resulting in the final output (final line). Creating a compressed and encrypted tar archive out of a full rdup dump might be done as follows rdup -Pgzip -Pmcrypt,-f,KEY,-c /dev/null /home | rdup-tr -O tar > my-home-zipped-and-crypted.tar Or even pack and unpack it on the fly rdup -Pgzip -Pmcrypt,-fKEY,-c /dev/null /home | rdup-tr -Otar | ssh user@remotehost tar xvCf /tmp - Or encryption with openssl rdup -Popenssl,enc,-e,-des-cbc,-k,secret /dev/null /home Or, compressing with gzip, encrypting with openssl and then compressing the entire archive yet again rdup -Pgzip -Popenssl,enc,-e,-des-cbc,-k,secret /dev/null /home | gzip > my_compressed_encrypted_rdup_archive.gz Recreating the original rdup output, which can be fed to rdup-up. gunzip -c my_compressed_encrypted_rdup_archive.gz | rdup-tr -Popenssl,enc,-d,-des-cbc,-k,secret -Pgzip,-d > my_rdup_archive rdup-up < my_rdup_archive -t /tmp/restore Notice the reversal of the -P options. EXIT CODE
rdup-tr return a zero exit code on success, otherwise 1 is returned. AUTHOR
Written by Miek Gieben. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <miek@miek.nl>. SEE ALSO
http:/www.miek.nl/projects/rdup/ is the main site of rdup. Also see rdup(1), rdup-up(1) and rdup-backups(7). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2005-2010 Miek Gieben. This is free software. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. Licensed under the GPL version 3. See the file LICENSE in the source distribution of rdup. 1.1.11 27 Nov 2008 RDUP-TR(1)