Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Process 2 lists at the same time and move files. Post 302960069 by whegra on Tuesday 10th of November 2015 11:28:58 AM
Old 11-10-2015
Process 2 lists at the same time and move files.

I have this while loop, that works but is quite slow to process though. I'm hopping there might be a faster/better way to find what I'm looking for.

I have 2 lists of numbers, and want to only find files where a file name has both values present.

each list has about 100 values.

Code:
while read lineA 
    do echo $lineA
    while read lineB
        do cp /archive/$year$month/storage/*$lineA[NIT]??????$lineB*#$year$month$day* /foundfiles/ 
    done < list1.txt
done < list2.txt

Thank you.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Archiving and move files in the same time

Hi All, I have tried so many command but none work like i wanted. I would like archive which i assume it will move the files and archive it somewhere. for example: if i have a folder and files: /home/blah/test /home/blah/hello /home/blah/foo/bar i would like to archive folder... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: c00kie88
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to move certain files on scheduled time

Hi Friends, I want a shell script which will move certain .jar files from a specified location (say /publish/content) to (/publish/archive) on every saturday morning 6 am. One more thing to add is that before moving files it must check free space at (/publish/archive), if it is more than 60 %... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhishek27
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move files one at the time and wait until the previous file is handled

I'm a novice at unix and need it more and more to do my work. I seem running into problems getting this script "attempt" to work: I need to copy all files in a directory, which is containing 22000 files, into a directory one level up. There a tool monitors the content of the dir and processes... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: compasscard
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to Create non-duplicate lists from two lists

File_A contains Strings: a b c d File_B contains Strings: a c z Need to have script written in either sh or ksh. Derive resultant files (File_New_A and File_New_B) from lists File_A and File_B where string elements in File_New_A and File_New_B are listed below. Resultant... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mlv_99
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

move files between file systems with privileges, time stamp

Hi I have to move files between file systems but files in new file system must have the same attributes as in old one (privileges, time stamp etc). Which tool is best : - ufsdump / ufsrestore - tar - cpio - pax - dd - mv Or maybe there is sth else, you suggest to use. Thx for help (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: presul
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to move files based on filetype and time created?

Hi, I'm trying to improve my Unix skills and I'm wondering what is the best way to move some files based on filetype and attributes like time created? For instance, lets suppose I have a directory with many different files in it and I'd like to move all the jpgs that were created between May... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: LuckyTommy
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Process files in a directory and move them

I have a directory e2e_ms_xfer/cent01 this contains the multiple files some of which will be named below with unique date time stamps e2e_ms_edd_nom_CCYYMMDD_HHMM.csv What I want to do is in a loop 1) Get the oldest file 2) Rename 3) Move it up one level from e2e_ms_xfer/cent01 to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: andymay
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

• Write a shell script that upon invocation shows the time and date and lists all the logged-in user

help me (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sonu pandey
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to move files older than certain time?

If there are 100 files created in a directory /data/ today from 2:00 AM to 10:00 AM I need to move files older than 3:00 AM to a new directory /hold/ How to do that? Also, if I have to move files between 3:00 AM to 9:00 AM, how to achieve that (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: eskay
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to generate all combinations of group lists at the same time?

Hi, everyone I have a group lists like this (more lines are omitted: a b c d E F G H .... I want to generate all combinations of two elements in each group line. What I expected is this: a b a c a d b c b d c d E F E G E H F G F H G H (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: nengcheng
8 Replies
INTLCALENDAR.SETFIRSTDAYOFWEEK(3)					 1					 INTLCALENDAR.SETFIRSTDAYOFWEEK(3)

IntlCalendar::setFirstDayOfWeek - Set the day on which the week is deemed to start

Object oriented style

SYNOPSIS
public bool IntlCalendar::setFirstDayOfWeek (int $dayOfWeek) DESCRIPTION
Procedural style bool intlcal_set_first_day_of_week (IntlCalendar $cal, int $dayOfWeek) Defines the day of week deemed to start the week. This affects the behavior of fields that depend on the concept of week start and end such as IntlCalendar::FIELD_WEEK_OF_YEAR and IntlCalendar::FIELD_YEAR_WOY. PARAMETERS
o $cal - The IntlCalendar resource. o $dayOfWeek - One of the constants IntlCalendar::DOW_SUNDAY, IntlCalendar::DOW_MONDAY, , IntlCalendar::DOW_SATURDAY. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success. Failure can only happen due to invalid parameters. EXAMPLES
Example #1 IntlCalendar.setFirstDayOfWeek(3) <?php ini_set('date.timezone', 'Europe/Lisbon'); ini_set('intl.default_locale', 'es_ES'); $cal = IntlCalendar::createInstance(); $cal->set(2013, 5 /* June */, 30); // A Sunday var_dump($cal->getFirstDayOfWeek()); // 2 (Monday) echo IntlDateFormatter::formatObject($cal, <<<EOD week of month : 'W' week of year : 'ww EOD ), " "; $cal->setFirstDayOfWeek(IntlCalendar::DOW_SUNDAY); echo IntlDateFormatter::formatObject($cal, <<<EOD week of month : 'W' week of year : 'ww EOD ), " "; The above example will output: int(2) local day of week: 7 week of month : 4 week of year : 26 local day of week: 1 week of month : 5 week of year : 27 PHP Documentation Group INTLCALENDAR.SETFIRSTDAYOFWEEK(3)