Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO Need Help Installing Legacy System on Newer Hardware Post 302960067 by spock9458 on Tuesday 10th of November 2015 11:24:26 AM
Old 11-10-2015
I am attaching a screenshot of the "Unexpected trap error" I am now getting when I try the install. I have run memory test and there are no errors, and I have also removed and cleaned various motherboard components, which is from advice I found through Google searching. I don't know what else to try, so any help will be appreciated. This server was running fine about a month ago, it was retired when I migrated from Windows 2003 server, so there are no known hardware issues. Thanks.
Need Help Installing Legacy System on Newer Hardware-img_0507jpg

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tar --newer = tar --newer-mtime ?

Hi, I have the following question : As far as I know unix doesn't store file creation dates. Would that imply the following? tar -cvzf backup.tar --newer is equal to: tar -cvzf backup.tar --newer-mtime ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jamesbond
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing FreeBSD on old system?

I've never had trouble installing freebsd or any linux/unix system on any computer i've tried to do it on. I just recently aquired a Packard Bell, 75mhz Pentium, 482 i believe. Im having difficulty installing it. I have FreeBSD 5.1 on cd and the computer wont even recognize the cd on boot, so it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MadProfessor
2 Replies

3. Solaris

What command to check system hardware

What command can I run on a Solaris 8 server to check the hardware (ie number of processors, speed of processors, installed memory etc). (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: soliberus
4 Replies

4. Solaris

basic hardware & system requirements for solaris 10

hi all, i want to setup a solaris10 lab for 50 trainees. kindly let me know all the basic hardware & system requirements for the lab . with regards, Raj (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajp_8007
5 Replies

5. Programming

VERSYS Legacy System

I need help locating the tables that hold the demograhic data in this system on an AIX box. Does anyone know the path? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chelcye
0 Replies

6. AIX

System P hardware

hello everybody, Is there any training to get deep knowledge an hands on lab with system p hardware firmware microcode upgrading etc... thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vit0_Corleone
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Manufacturer name of computer system(hardware) , processor

Hi All, Can someone let me know the method or set of commands by which i can retrive manufacturer name of computer system (hardware of machine ) and manufacturer of processor. i get below information when fired psrinfo command : psrinfo -vp The physical processor has 1 virtual processor... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: omkar.jadhav
6 Replies

8. Red Hat

Hardware and system timing are different

-> We have 2 servers server1 and server2 server. ->server1 is master application and server2 is slave application server. ->output of server1 hardware and slave timing: # hwclock --show Thu 05 Jun 2014 05:34:08 PM SGT -0.465666 seconds # date Thu Jun 5 17:34:16 SGT 2014 # cd... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: manjusharma128
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Linux Command To Find the System Configuration And Hardware Information

Hello guys. I wanted to find the System Configuration and Hardware Information on one of my servers. Here is part of the cpu info: CPU core info: processor : 0 vendor_id : GenuineIntel cpu family : 6 model : 44 model name : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ymir
2 Replies
SEND_ARP(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       SEND_ARP(8)

NAME
send_arp - Send out one ARP packet with source/target IP and Ethernet hardware addresses suuplied by the user. SYNOPSIS
send_arp sndr_ip_addr sndr_hw_addr targ_ip_addr targ_hw_addr [src_int [src_hw_addr [dest_hw_addr]]] DESCRIPTION
send_arp This program sends out one ARP packet with source/target IP and Ethernet hardware addresses suuplied by the user. It compiles and works on Linux and will probably work on any Unix that has SOCK_PACKET. The idea behind this program is a proof of a concept, nothing more. It comes as is, no warranty. However, you're allowed to use it under one condition: you must use your brain simultaneously. If this condition is not met, you shall forget about this program and go RTFM imme- diately. OPTIONS
sndr_ip_addr Sender IP address for ARP packet. sndr_hw_addr Sender Hardware address for ARP packet. targ_ip_addr Target IP address for ARP packet. targ_hw_addr Target Hardware address for ARP packet. src_int Source Interface for ARP packet. src_hw_addr Source layer2 Hardware address for ARP packet. dest_hw_addr Destination layer2 Hardware address for ARP packet. AUTHORS
send_arp - Yuri Volobuev <volobuev@t1.chem.umn.edu> man page - Horms <horms@verge.net.au> layer2 patch - Patrick Koppen <patrick@koppen.de> 30th October 2003 SEND_ARP(8)