Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX AIX NFS Server and NFS Client Post 302960056 by penchev on Tuesday 10th of November 2015 10:44:40 AM
Old 11-10-2015
AIX NFS Server and NFS Client

Hi 2 ALL,

try to run NFS Server in AIX 7.1 :

1. Step by step on NFS Server node
Code:
mkdir /tmp/test
chgrp staff /tmp/test
chmod 775 /tmp/test

-- create export directory (fs)
Code:
mknfsexp -d /tmp/test -t ro

exportfs -va
show mount -e
[
root@host1]:/# exportfs -av
exports: 1831-187 re-exported /tmp/test
mknfs -B

2. Step by step on NFS Client ( AIX 7.1 node)

Code:
[root@host2]:/# ping host1
PING host1: (10.4.12.111): 56 data bytes
64 bytes from 10.4.12.111: icmp_seq=0 ttl=255 time=0 ms
64 bytes from 10.4.12.111: icmp_seq=1 ttl=255 time=0 ms
64 bytes from 10.4.12.111: icmp_seq=2 ttl=255 time=0 ms
64 bytes from 10.4.12.111: icmp_seq=3 ttl=255 time=0 ms

--- host1 ping statistics ---
4 packets transmitted, 4 packets received, 0% packet loss
round-trip min/avg/max = 0/0/0 ms[/HTML][HTML][root@host2]:/# showmount -e host1
export list for host1:
/tmp/test (everyone)

[root@host2]:/# mount host1:tmp/test /test
nfsmnthelp: 1831-019 host1: System call error number -1.

mount: 1831-008 giving up on:
host1:/tmp/test
System call error number -1.

i try and with ip address but some error

where wrong ?

sorry for my mistake english

---------- Post updated at 05:44 PM ---------- Previous update was at 04:11 PM ----------

Ops, i fix my problem

add cross ip and hostname between nodes /etc/hosts

Last edited by Don Cragun; 11-11-2015 at 03:10 AM.. Reason: Change HTML and PHP tags to CODE tags.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

NFS Server FC7 Solaris client problems!

Hi, my problem is that I am not able to grand the nfs directory on a Fedora 7 server to a standard solaris client. I always got the messages no permission. Important: No change on the client (Solaris) is possible! So I am not able to change the NFS Version on the client side to force the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: joerg
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Determining IP address of NFS server on client

Hi. We use an Isilon cluster system to provide our NAS. The Isilon uses a round-robin DNS setup to spread mount requests across the many nodes of the cluster. When a node needs work, the filesystems that are mounted to it need to be moved to other nodes prior to shutting the node down. I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rascalrick
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris 9 as a nfs client -- centos as a nfs server.

Hello, I have a centos as nfs server, its name is centos_A. After I finish the setup of the nfs server, the other linux can access this nfs server immediately via /net/centos_A/* But, My solaris 9 can not access /net/centos_A/* immediately. I have to leave /net/centos_A, and wait for about... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bruceharbin
1 Replies

4. AIX

can not mount from aix client to linux nfs server

Hi, I am trying to mount a nfs folder from AIX client to Linux NFS Server, but I got the following error: # mount 128.127.11.121:/aix /to_be_del mount: 1831-010 server 128.127.11.121 not responding: RPC: 1832-018 Port mapper failure - RPC: 1832-008 Timed out mount: retrying... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: victorcheung
1 Replies

5. Red Hat

Memory problems in NFS client server

Hi all, i have some doubts in a situation that i fail to get an answer in Google. I have a solaris 10 nfs server and 5 centos 6.0 nfs clients. The problem/situation is that in the clients the free memory is "disappearing" along the time (passing to used)..and it gets free if i umount the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: blast
5 Replies

6. Solaris

Can't access NFS Share on Solaris Server from a Linux Client

Hi, I am trying to access a NFS shared directory on Solaris 10 Server from a client which is RHEL 4 Server. On the NFS Server, in /etc/dfs/, I added following line to dfstab file. & then ran the following On the client machine, while running the mount command, I am... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: SunilB2011
0 Replies

7. AIX

AIX NFS Client Logging

My AIX NFS client failed to mount a Windows server NFS service today. Is NFS client logging enabled by default on AIX? If not, is there a way to enable NFS client logging on AIX6.1. Thanks. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: famasutika
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mount NFS Share On NFS Client via bash script.

I need a help of good people with effective bash script to mount nfs shared, By the way I did the searches, since i haven't found that someone wrote a script like this in the past, I'm sure it will serve more people. The scenario as follow: An NFS Client with Daily CRON , running bash script... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Brian.t
4 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 10 NFS client cannot mount a share from a Windows server

I have a Solaris 10 server, I'm trying to mount a share from a Windows nfs server. If I add this entry (tst-walnut:/test_sap_nfs - /majid nfs - yes rw,soft) to my /etc/vfstab, then I can mount, but when I create a file by root:root, the file owner changes to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Hiroshi
1 Replies
PASSMASS(1)						      General Commands Manual						       PASSMASS(1)

NAME
passmass - change password on multiple machines SYNOPSIS
passmass [ host1 host2 host3 ... ] INTRODUCTION
Passmass changes a password on multiple machines. If you have accounts on several machines that do not share password databases, Passmass can help you keep them all in sync. This, in turn, will make it easier to change them more frequently. When Passmass runs, it asks you for the old and new passwords. (If you are changing root passwords and have equivalencing, the old pass- word is not used and may be omitted.) Passmass understands the "usual" conventions. Additional arguments may be used for tuning. They affect all hosts which follow until another argument overrides it. For example, if you are known as "libes" on host1 and host2, but "don" on host3, you would say: passmass host1 host2 -user don host3 Arguments are: -user User whose password will be changed. By default, the current user is used. -rlogin Use rlogin to access host. (default) -slogin Use slogin to access host. -telnet Use telnet to access host. -program Next argument is a program to run to set the password. Default is "passwd". Other common choices are "yppasswd" and "set passwd" (e.g., VMS hosts). A program name such as "password fred" can be used to create entries for new accounts (when run as root). -prompt Next argument is a prompt suffix pattern. This allows the script to know when the shell is prompting. The default is "# " for root and "% " for non-root accounts. -timeout Next argument is the number of seconds to wait for responses. Default is 30 but some systems can be much slower logging in. -su Next argument is 1 or 0. If 1, you are additionally prompted for a root password which is used to su after logging in. root's password is changed rather than the user's. This is useful for hosts which do not allow root to log in. HOW TO USE
The best way to run Passmass is to put the command in a one-line shell script or alias. Whenever you get a new account on a new machine, add the appropriate arguments to the command. Then run it whenever you want to change your passwords on all the hosts. CAVEATS
Using the same password on multiple hosts carries risks. In particular, if the password can be stolen, then all of your accounts are at risk. Thus, you should not use Passmass in situations where your password is visible, such as across a network which hackers are known to eavesdrop. On the other hand, if you have enough accounts with different passwords, you may end up writing them down somewhere - and that can be a security problem. Funny story: my college roommate had an 11"x13" piece of paper on which he had listed accounts and passwords all across the Internet. This was several years worth of careful work and he carried it with him everywhere he went. Well one day, he forgot to remove it from his jeans, and we found a perfectly blank sheet of paper when we took out the wash the following day! SEE ALSO
"Exploring Expect: A Tcl-Based Toolkit for Automating Interactive Programs" by Don Libes, O'Reilly and Associates, January 1995. AUTHOR
Don Libes, National Institute of Standards and Technology 7 October 1993 PASSMASS(1)