Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Compare two files column values using awk Post 302960016 by Scrutinizer on Monday 9th of November 2015 02:27:33 PM
Old 11-09-2015
If judi is part of the file, try:
Code:
awk '{v=$3} getline<f>0 && $3>v' f=File2 File1

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk compare column between 2 files

Hi, I would like to compare file1 and file2 file1 1 2 3 file2 1 a 2 b 3 c 4 d The result should only print out "d" in file 2. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: phamp008
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Compare two files using awk or sed, add values in a column if their previous fields are same

Hi All, I have two files file1: abc,def,ghi,5,jkl,mno pqr,stu,ghi,10,vwx,xyz cba,ust,ihg,4,cdu,oqw file2: ravi,def,kishore ramu,ust,krishna joseph,stu,mike I need two output files as follows In my above example, each row in file1 has 6 fields and each row in file2 has 3... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yerruhari
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Compare two files using awk or sed, add values in a column if their previous fields are same

Hi All, I have two files file1: abc,def,ghi,5,jkl,mno pqr,stu,ghi,10,vwx,xyz cba,ust,ihg,4,cdu,oqw file2: ravi,def,kishore ramu,ust,krishna joseph,stu,mike I need two output files as follows In my above example, each row in file1 has 6 fields and each row in file2 has 3... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hi All, I have two files file1: abc,def,ghi,5,jkl,mno pqr,stu,ghi,10,vwx,xyz cba,ust,ihg,4,cdu,oqw file2: ravi,def,kishore ramu,ust,krishna joseph,stu,mike I need two output files as follows In my above example, each row in file1 has 6 fields and each row in file2 has 3... (3 Replies)
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to compare the values of a column in awk in a same file and consecutive lines..

I would like to compare the values of 2nd column of consecutive lines of same file in such a way so that if the difference between first value and second value is more than 100 it should print complete line else ignore line. Input File ========== PDB 2500 RTDB 123 RTDB-EAGLE 122 VSCCP 2565... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manuswami
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Compare values of fields from same column with awk

Hi all ! If there is only one single value in a column (e.g. column 1 below), then return this value in the same output column. If there are several values in the same column (e.g. column 2 below), then return the different values separated by "," in the output. pipe-separated input: ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: lucasvs
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to compare the values of a column in a same file using awk?

Dear Unix experts, I have got a file where I would like to compare the values of second column if first column is same in such a way that the difference between the values is >50. If not, I would like to discard both values. For example, my input file looks like - comp275_c0_seq2 73... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: utritala
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk command to compare files by column

So I have this issue. I have 4 files. the first one is the master file who has all possible combinations: file 1 - a - b - c - d - e the other three have some of the letters and a number instead of - for example file 2 34 a 5 c file 3 10 b 12 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Quijotes
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need awk or Shell script to compare Column-1 of two different CSV files and print if column-1 matche

Example: I have files in below format file 1: zxc,133,joe@example.com cst,222,xyz@example1.com File 2 Contains: hxd hcd jws zxc cst File 1 has 50000 lines and file 2 has around 30000 lines : Expected Output has to be : hxd hcd jws (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: TestPractice
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Compare values in multiple rows in one column using awk

I would like to compare values in column 8, and grep the ones where the different is > 1, columns 1 and 2 are the key for array. Every 4 rows the records values in columns 1 and 2 changed. Then, the comparison in the column 8 need to be done for the 4 rows everytime columns 1 and 2 changed ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jiam912
4 Replies
IRSEND(1)								FSF								 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.8.7pre1 May 2010 IRSEND(1)