Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Domain registrars & DNS servers Post 302960012 by coolatt on Monday 9th of November 2015 01:12:26 PM
Old 11-09-2015
hello,

i like your writings.they are nice.

i understand what you wrote. i got this from noip's website

Authoritative DNS Servers vs. Recursive DNS Servers | No-IP Blog - Managed DNS Services

this is close to what i was searching for, the keyword is "authoritative" which you mentioned in your answer.

thanks

Last edited by coolatt; 11-09-2015 at 02:31 PM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Dns Servers

My only question is Can we have two auteritative Name servers for a single domain? Just a question. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vjm
1 Replies

2. Solaris

change dns (domain name)

hi gurus, need to check other than the hosts file, what else i need to change after we have changed the domain name in our company. currently, we are using olddnsname.com and will change it to newdnsname.com. i am not sure where else in solaris i need to take a look. please advise. thank... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kim_custodio
4 Replies

3. IP Networking

Select DNS Servers depending on the domain

Hello, I'm using CentOS 5.3, and I connect to a VPN in order to work. The problem is that I'm constantly accessing things on the local network and the remote network. But once I'm connected to the VPN I can't access local addresses by name, I have to use the ip-address. What I'd like is to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: martincastell
4 Replies

4. Linux

Configuring dns in local domain

Hi everybody, for revolving local host name of my network, I set up an dns server to solve my problem, but til now, nothing happen when I ping a hostname, but work on IP. Can you help me to correct the configuration. Here is all my settings: Voici mes fichiers de configuration: -... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: beloge2002
2 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

Stop samba from querying trusted domain servers

Hi, We've got a samba server running in our DMZ. Our users drag & drop files on it for vendors. Everything was working perfectly until the powers that be decided to build a trust between a couple of internal domains. Samba is now querying each server in the trust. When a user browses... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mph
5 Replies

6. Red Hat

DHCP & DNS - Clients get IP but don't register in DNS

I am trying to setup a CentOS 6.2 server that will be doing 3 things DHCP, DNS & Samba for a very small office (2 users). The idea being this will replace a very old Win2k server. The users are all windows based clients so only the server will be Linux based. I've installed CentOS 6.2 with... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: FireBIade
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command to flush specific domain in SunOS 5 DNS

Hello to all, May you help saying me how to flush a specific domain in Linux SunOS5 I know the command rndc is to flush DNS cache, but I would like to know: 1- How to do a flush only on specific domain 2- How to see the content of DNS Resolver cache (similar to info given by IPCONFIG... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ophiuchus
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Changing hosting company for one domain, how to deal with DNS?

Hello, Our organization is planning to move one domain from Dreamhost to Hubspot. Lets say, it is gem.xyxyxyxyx.com. Please note, website is not being migrated from one server to another, it is just hosting company. Here is from our internal DNS master server - # cat... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Linux is not appending domain name in DNS query

In my /etc/resolv.conf file there is domain name defined. But when I do nslookup the domain name is not appended. Why? (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: broy32000
18 Replies
CONVERTAR(1p)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					     CONVERTAR(1p)

NAME
convertar - Converts trust anchor repositories from one format to another DESCRIPTION
convertar operates on input and output files of different Trust Anchor Repository (TAR) formats. convertar decides what type of file format is being referred to by a "type:filename" specification. Options can be passed to the convertar module by using a '/' delimited specifier in the type identifier. Such as "type/option=value/other=othervalue:filename". See below for a list of different input and output formats that convertar understands by default and what options they take. See the Net::DNS::SEC::Tools::TrustAnchor module and its documentation for writing new plugins to allow convertar to understand other TAR formats. EXAMPLES
This command will read in an itar.xml file (available from https://itar.iana.org/) and convert it to a file that can be read in by BIND's named application: # convertar -i itar:itar.xml -o bind:bind.conf Read in multiple files, merge them together and write them out to two different output file formats (the libval format is printed to stdout): # convertar -i itar:itar.xml,csv:local.csv -o bind:bind.conf,libval:- FILE SPECIFICATION CONVENTIONS
Types and files (e.g. for the -i and -o switches) are specificied using the following format: type:/path/to/file The type portion of the specification dictates what internal module will attempt to read in the file. The file portion of the specification may or may not be required (but the ':' always is) and may or may not point to a real file, depending on the module in charge of the content. Some modules may, for exmaple, load content from the network. For types that can read and write to a file, a '-' may be specified as a file to print to or read from standard output. File formats MAY be infered from a trailing suffix, if the trailing suffix. EG, if a referenced file is foo.csv then internally convertar will translate this to "csv:foo.csv". FILE FORMATS
The following file formats are known by default to convertar: bind A BIND name server (named) compatible trust anchor configuration file. This can be included within a master named.conf file using the "include" directive. The bind option can also take a /write_expectations=1 flag when writing to write an options {} section that will turn on dnssec and require validation for zones from all the imported data. E.G. bind/write_expectations=1:named.conf secspider This is merely an alias that fetches the specspider (http://secspider.cs.ucla.edu/) bind configuration file and then parse it using the bind file format. WARNING: The PGP signature on the downloaded file is NOT checked. csv A comma-separated list format. dump A Perl hash dump format. This should be used mostly for debugging of newly developed modules as it shows the internal hash structure that is passed between modules. itar IANA's itar format, which is an XML-based format of trust anchor keys. IANA's file is available from https://itar.iana.org/. Specifying only 'itar:' line only (or itar:URL), convertar will attempt to retrieve the current remote ITAR respository file directly. WARNING: The PGP signature on the downloaded file is NOT checked. NOTE: support for downloading the ITAR repository over the network requires the LWP::UserAgent module to be installed. libval The libval format is the configuration file format that DNSSEC-Tool's libval library uses. The libval option can also take a /write_expectations=1 flag when writing to specify that the default (:) zone-security-expectation's should be populated to require validation of all the zones with imported data. All other zones will have a policy set to 'ignore. E.G. libval/write_expectations=1:dnsval.conf mf The master file (mf) format is also available from the itar web site. dns The dns format performs live queries of records attached to a domain name to request either DS or DNSKEY records. By default, DNSKEY records will be queried. The specific type to be queried can be specified by preceeding the zone name with a "ds/" or "dnskey/" prefix. Example valid 'dns:' type specifications: dns:dnssec-tools.org dns:ds/dnssec-tools.org dns:dnskey/dnssec-tools.org Also, if you want to read dnskeys from the network but convert them to ds records, you can use the /tods flag: dns/tods=1:dnssec-tools.org The DNS type can not output records and is only useful for reading in information. WARNING: The keys and data being retrieved are not internally validated and thus should not be trusted unless a secured resolver is being used. OPTIONS
-i STRING --input-file=STRING Input file(s) to process. convertar will read in the specified file(s). Multiple files can be separated by commas. -o STRING --output-file=STRING Output file(s) to write. convertar will write out these specified file(s) in the requested output formats. Multiple files can be separated by commas. -h --help --help-full Displays command line help information. --gui --no-gui Controls the use of the optional GUI. COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2009-2012 SPARTA, Inc. All rights reserved. See the COPYING file included with the DNSSEC-Tools package for details. AUTHOR
Wes Hardaker < hardaker AT users DOT sourceforge DOT net > SEE ALSO
Net::DNS::SEC::Tools::TrustAnchor(3) perl v5.14.2 2012-06-21 CONVERTAR(1p)