Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO Need Help Installing Legacy System on Newer Hardware Post 302959866 by spock9458 on Friday 6th of November 2015 06:25:44 PM
Old 11-06-2015
I had already downloaded 5.0.7 and so I'm trying it now. It is not coming up with the same error, but it appears to be "hung". It is at the point where it's listing the devices, and it is hung at the following line:
Code:
%adapter - ha=0, type=usb_msto UDI SCSI HBA
G hd_config

I can't tell if the second line is a run-on from the previous line, or separate? I really appreciate all your help with this, jgt. I will keep watching to see if it gets past this, but it has been a while.

Does it automatically try to format or configure the hd? Like I said, I think I'm using a previously unused drive.

Thanks

---------- Post updated at 04:25 PM ---------- Previous update was at 03:38 PM ----------

Updated information: the 5.0.7 installation never got past the line:
G hd_config

So, I put in a different hard drive just for fun, and put in the 5.0.6 installation CD, and it bombs with the same "Unexpected trap error in kernel mode:" This occurs right after the line: G hd_config, so my guess is that 5.0.7 installation was having the same issue, just did not give me the trap error.

I can post all of the codes referenced in the error if it will help, at this point I'm not finding many help suggestions on the web. Please let me know if there are more options to try and get this server running.

Thanks.

Last edited by rbatte1; 11-16-2015 at 09:54 AM.. Reason: Added CODE tags for output/errors

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tar --newer = tar --newer-mtime ?

Hi, I have the following question : As far as I know unix doesn't store file creation dates. Would that imply the following? tar -cvzf backup.tar --newer is equal to: tar -cvzf backup.tar --newer-mtime ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jamesbond
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing FreeBSD on old system?

I've never had trouble installing freebsd or any linux/unix system on any computer i've tried to do it on. I just recently aquired a Packard Bell, 75mhz Pentium, 482 i believe. Im having difficulty installing it. I have FreeBSD 5.1 on cd and the computer wont even recognize the cd on boot, so it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MadProfessor
2 Replies

3. Solaris

What command to check system hardware

What command can I run on a Solaris 8 server to check the hardware (ie number of processors, speed of processors, installed memory etc). (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: soliberus
4 Replies

4. Solaris

basic hardware & system requirements for solaris 10

hi all, i want to setup a solaris10 lab for 50 trainees. kindly let me know all the basic hardware & system requirements for the lab . with regards, Raj (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajp_8007
5 Replies

5. Programming

VERSYS Legacy System

I need help locating the tables that hold the demograhic data in this system on an AIX box. Does anyone know the path? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chelcye
0 Replies

6. AIX

System P hardware

hello everybody, Is there any training to get deep knowledge an hands on lab with system p hardware firmware microcode upgrading etc... thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vit0_Corleone
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Manufacturer name of computer system(hardware) , processor

Hi All, Can someone let me know the method or set of commands by which i can retrive manufacturer name of computer system (hardware of machine ) and manufacturer of processor. i get below information when fired psrinfo command : psrinfo -vp The physical processor has 1 virtual processor... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: omkar.jadhav
6 Replies

8. Red Hat

Hardware and system timing are different

-> We have 2 servers server1 and server2 server. ->server1 is master application and server2 is slave application server. ->output of server1 hardware and slave timing: # hwclock --show Thu 05 Jun 2014 05:34:08 PM SGT -0.465666 seconds # date Thu Jun 5 17:34:16 SGT 2014 # cd... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: manjusharma128
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Linux Command To Find the System Configuration And Hardware Information

Hello guys. I wanted to find the System Configuration and Hardware Information on one of my servers. Here is part of the cpu info: CPU core info: processor : 0 vendor_id : GenuineIntel cpu family : 6 model : 44 model name : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ymir
2 Replies
Test::Inline::Content::Legacy(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			Test::Inline::Content::Legacy(3pm)

NAME
Test::Inline::Content::Legacy - Test::Inline 2 Content Handler for legacy functions SYNOPSIS
Custom script content generation using Test::Inline 2.000+ with a custom generator functions my $header = "...."; my $function = sub { my $Object = shift; my $Script = shift; return $header . $Script->merged_content; }; my $Inline = Test::Inline->new( ... file_content => $function, ); Migrating this same code to Test::Inline 2.100+ ContentHandler objects my $header = "...."; my $function = sub { my $Object = shift; my $Script = shift; return $header . $Script->merged_content; }; my $ContentHandler = Test::Inline::Content::Legacy->new( $function ); my $Inline = Test::Inline->new( ... ContentHandler => $ContentHandler, ); DESCRIPTION
This class exists to provide a migration path for anyone using the custom script generators in Test::Inline via the "file_content" param. The synopsis above pretty much says all you need to know. METHODS
new $CODE_ref The "new" constructor for "Test::Inline::Content::Legacy" takes a single parameter of a "CODE" reference, as you would have previously provided directly to "file_content". Returns a new "Test::Inline::Content::Legacy" object, or "undef" if not passed a "CODE" reference. coderef The "coderef" accessor returns the "CODE" reference for the object process $Inline $Script The "process" method works with the legacy function by passing the Test::Inline and Test::Inline::Script arguments straight through to the legacy function, and returning it's result as the return value. SUPPORT
See the main SUPPORT section. AUTHOR
Adam Kennedy <adamk@cpan.org>, <http://ali.as/> COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2004 - 2010 Adam Kennedy. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of the license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. perl v5.12.4 2010-11-22 Test::Inline::Content::Legacy(3pm)