Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Loop awk command on files in a folder Post 302959822 by dovah on Friday 6th of November 2015 08:30:08 AM
Old 11-06-2015
Loop awk command on files in a folder

Hi, I'd like to loop an action over all files with given extension within a folder.

The "main" action is:
Code:
 awk -F "\t" 'BEGIN{OFS="\t"}{if ($10=="S") print$0; }' input.txt > output.txt

The input.txt should be every file in the folder with *.subVCF extension; and the output should be a file named in the same way than the input file, but with addition of the string 'NEW'

I am currently trying:

Code:
for i in $(ls *.subVCF); do echo $i; a=$(echo $i | awk -F "\t" 'BEGIN{OFS="\t"}{if ($10=="S") print$0; }'); $i > 'NEW'$a; done

But it isn't working... what I am doing wrong?

Thanks in advance

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

using mv command for moving multiple files in a folder

Hi, I have a requirement where I need to move Bunch of folders containing multiple files to another archive location. i want to use mv command .I am thinking when we use mv command to move directory does it create directory 1st and then move all the files ? e.g source... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rkmbcbs
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparison and editing of files using awk.(And also a possible bug in awk for loop?)

I have two files which I would like to compare and then manipulate in a way. File1: pictures.txt 1.1 1.3 dance.txt 1.2 1.4 treehouse.txt 1.3 1.5 File2: pictures.txt 1.5 ref2313 1.4 ref2345 1.3 ref5432 1.2 ref4244 dance.txt 1.6 ref2342 1.5 ref2352 1.4 ref0695 1.3 ref5738 1.2... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: linuxkid
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loop through text file > Copy Folder > Edit XML files in bulk?

I have a text file which contains lines in this format - it contains 105 lines in total, but I'm just putting 4 here to keep it short: 58571,east_ppl_ppla_por 58788,east_pcy_hd_por 58704,east_pcy_ga_por 58697,east_pcy_pcybs_por It's called id_key.txt I have a sample folder called... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: biscuitcreek
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

loop through files in each folder and perform sed

Dear all, I have few log folders in directory (FILE) and i need to perform sed on each files inside each folders. Here is my script, and i wish to rename each file back to the same file name after modification. Can anyone guide me on my script below? eg: folder1 contain files... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ymeyaw
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to create a command that would print files only from 1 folder

Hi there how to create a command in csh that would print files only from 1 folder but as an argument takes home directory for e.g. in my home diecrtory I have 3 folders unix, windows,mac and alot of files. and I running the program as ./op ~ this should return me files from unix folder without... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: FUTURE_EINSTEIN
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

For loop for number of files in a folder

Hi All, Need a for loop which should run for number of files in a folder and should pass the file name as parameter to another shell script for each loop. Please help me. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chillblue
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use a loop for multiple files in a folder to run awk command?

Dear folks I have two data set which there names are "final.map" and "1.geno" and look like this structures: final.map: gi|358485511|ref|NC_006088.3| 2044 gi|358485511|ref|NC_006088.3| 2048 gi|358485511|ref|NC_006088.3| 2187 gi|358485511|ref|NC_006088.3| 17654 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sajmar
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk error when increasing number of files in folder

I have a folder with several files of which I want to eliminate all of the terms that they have in common using `awk`. Here is the script that I have been using: awk ' FNR==1 { if (seen++) { firstPass = 0 outfile = FILENAME "_new" ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: owwow14
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Apply command to all files in folder

Hi all! I have this command grep -E '^\To: |^\Date: |^\Subject: ' fileA.txt > fileA_1.txt && grep -v '^\To: |^\Date: |^\Subject: ' fileA.txt >> fileA_1.txt && rm fileA.txt && sed -i -e 's/\(Date: \|Subject: \|To: \)//g' fileA_1.txtHow do I apply it to all the files in the folder (each file has a... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: guilliber
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

For loop to accept params and delete folder/files

Hi Folks - I'm trying to build a simple for loop to accept params and then delete the folder & files on the path older than 6 days. Here is what I have: Purge () { for _DIR in "$1" do find "${_DIR}"/* -mtime +0 -exec rm {} \; done } I would be passing... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SIMMS7400
4 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)