Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Automation script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Automation script Post 302959785 by balajesuri on Friday 6th of November 2015 03:07:53 AM
Old 11-06-2015
What you need:
1. Positional arguments - to handle arguments passed from command line
2. if-condition - if you want to do something conditionally; then use the if-block; fi
3. Commands to take in/out from load balance servers (which you already have).
4. Working email client/email server on your linux server. Most servers at work will have this. Contact your IT team if it's not available. To test if you have a working email, try the following: (mailx, mutt... are couple of commonly used mail processing systems)
Code:
echo "test email body" | mailx -s "test email subject" your_email_address@domain.com

These will help you kick start. Let us know what you come up with.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Urgent FTP script automation

Hi guys, Here is my requirement for ftp script that i have to automate in unix using shell script: 1) Find the files that atre created one week from the present day. 2) ftp them to the backup server. 3) At the end of the month make a new directory on my backup server with the new month(eg:Once... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: koduri0475
1 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Urgent FTP script automation

Hi guys, Here is my requirement for ftp script that i have to automate in unix using shell script: 1) Find the files that atre created one week from the present day. 2) ftp them to the backup server. 3) At the end of the month make a new directory on my backup server with the new month(eg:Once... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: koduri0475
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP automation script

Hi, I have got a requirement like this. a parameterized function custFtp which will take 5 i/ps and will do the following tasks. p1) server name p2) username p3) password p4) path name of the server where the file resides p5) file name pattern the function will work like this. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ani_datta
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Shell Script automation

can someone look into this one please... I am struck at this point. I do not know what logic to be followed here. I can go ahead with my work only, if this step is done. Please Help. I have a process X in a shell script. Once the process X is done, it generates a log file. Process X is basically... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ss3944
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Truststore automation shell script

Please close this thread. I have raise this question in appropriate thread. Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: KuldeepSinghTCS
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Swapinfo automation Alert script

I am new to unix scripting (HP-UX) and need to write a script for checking memory usage. I am using "ipcs -ma" and using "awk" to select specific colums and redirecting output to variable. /usr/bin/ipcs -ma | awk '{ print $5,$10,$12}' > $TMP_FILE exec < $TMP_FILE while read line; do ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JamesBond007
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sftp automation script not working

Hi all , can any one tell me how to code SFTP automation script ? I searched lots of forums but i didn't get any useful information:( I don't want auto Login script > like if u run the script it should automatically login into specific account and etc.. Just i want the following things... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sravan008
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script Automation

Hi Gurus, I have a clearcase script that i use to check in a single file at time on my clearcase server. the script is as follows setmyview settask 75098_MSI_TRILOGY_EIM cd /vobs/Trilogy_R12/custom/msieim/12.0.0/sql/ cleartool co -nc . ct mkelem -nc Filename_1.sql cp... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: r_t_1601
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script automation

I have the below code which calculates the time difference between src and dst from a large trace file. The code works for a given source and destination. However, I want to automate the code to go over any src and destination. The format of the source is like that: X.Y where x is always =2 and Y... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ENG_MOHD
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automation Script for Oracle

Hi, As a Oracle Developer, I am writing many Procedures,Functions and Packages. Facing Many optimization issue after writing these Database objects. Trying to tune it manually. Can we write any Shell/Perl/Python script to Optimize these Database objects instead of doing manual check and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vasuvv
1 Replies
XDG-EMAIL(1)							 xdg-email Manual						      XDG-EMAIL(1)

NAME
xdg-email - command line tool for sending mail using the user's preferred e-mail composer SYNOPSIS
xdg-email [--utf8] [--cc address] [--bcc address] [--subject text] [--body text] [--attach file] [mailto-uri | address(es)] xdg-email {--help | --manual | --version} DESCRIPTION
xdg-email opens the user's preferred e-mail composer in order to send a mail to address(es) or mailto-uri. RFC2368 defines mailto: URIs. xdg-email limits support to, cc, subject and body fields in mailto-uri, all other fields are silently ignored. address(es) must follow the syntax of RFC822. Multiple addresses may be provided as separate arguments. All information provided on the command line is used to prefill corresponding fields in the user's e-mail composer. The user will have the opportunity to change any of this information before actually sending the e-mail. xdg-email is for use inside a desktop session only. It is not recommended to use xdg-email as root. See http://portland.freedesktop.org/wiki/EmailConfig for information on how the user can change the e-mail composer that is used. OPTIONS
--utf8 Indicates that all command line options that follow are in utf8. Without this option, command line options are expected to be encoded according to locale. If the locale already specifies utf8 this option has no effect. This option does not affect mailto URIs that are passed on the command line. --cc address Specify a recipient to be copied on the e-mail. --bcc address Specify a recipient to be blindly copied on the e-mail. --subject text Specify a subject for the e-mail. --body text Specify a body for the e-mail. Since the user will be able to make changes before actually sending the e-mail, this can be used to provide the user with a template for the e-mail. text may contain linebreaks. --attach file Specify an attachment for the e-mail. file must point to an existing file. Some e-mail applications require the file to remain present after xdg-email returns. --help Show command synopsis. --manual Show this manual page. --version Show the xdg-utils version information. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
xdg-email honours the following environment variables: XDG_UTILS_DEBUG_LEVEL Setting this environment variable to a non-zero numerical value makes xdg-email do more verbose reporting on stderr. Setting a higher value increases the verbosity. EXIT CODES
An exit code of 0 indicates success while a non-zero exit code indicates failure. The following failure codes can be returned: 1 Error in command line syntax. 2 One of the files passed on the command line did not exist. 3 A required tool could not be found. 4 The action failed. 5 No permission to read one of the files passed on the command line. CONFIGURATION
Visit http://portland.freedesktop.org/wiki/EmailConfig for information how to configure xdg-email to use the email client of your choice. EXAMPLES
xdg-email 'Jeremy White <jwhite@example.com>' xdg-email --attach /tmp/logo.png --subject 'Logo contest' --body 'Attached you find the logo for the contest.' 'jwhite@example.com' xdg-email --subject 'Your password is about to expire' 'jwhite@example.com' 'bastian@example.com' 'whipple@example.com' AUTHORS
Kevin Krammer Author. Jeremy White Author. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2006 xdg-utils 1.0 06/10/2014 XDG-EMAIL(1)