Sponsored Content
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators Urgent: please replace the perl script in the post with following code Post 302959633 by Don Cragun on Thursday 5th of November 2015 04:21:47 AM
Old 11-05-2015
The code has been replaced as requested.
This User Gave Thanks to Don Cragun For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling CGI Perl in Shell script [urgent]

All I want to call a perl program from my shell script. Please help me. I want to call through URL only. Like " http://www.test.com/CGI-bin/test?test=value" Please help to write this script. Thanx in advance. Thanking you Regards Deepak Xavier (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: DeepakXavier
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

String replace perl script error

I have written down a simple perl program to replace a string from a word file. My script does'nt seem to work. Any pointers to make it work will be appreciated. The code is given below. #!/usr/bin/perl while (<>) { open(FILE,$_); while (<FILE>) { s/This/I did it/g; }... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: MobileUser
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script Needed Urgent in shell or PERL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My I/p FIle #%npr # { { collectionBeginTime_Date 19Jul2007 granularityPeriod 900 NODEID BSC19 RLC_Raw_Blocksize_CS2 2048 START_DATE 19Jul07 measTimeStamp_Date 20Jul2007 COLLECTION_INTERVAL_MINS 15 RLC_User_Blocksize_CS2 1024 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aajan
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Urgent help for perl script

I am having the autosys script for the perl as follows #!/usr/bin/perl print "Welcome to Autosys Ice Script\n"; print "Please enter the Environment (UAT PRD TRN ST DEV ALL):\n"; $environment = <STDIN>; chomp($environment); print "Please enter the Action (ON_ICE OFF_ICE):\n"; $action =... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shellscript22
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script help URGENT???

Friends I generated a code too read a list if names from file and store it in array. The file contains names of some files. like a.txt b.txt c.txt ........ while I am running the script and gives a file name as argument I have to check wehere the file processed or not. if processed exit the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaganadh
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replace line via perl script of file

Hi All, I wanted to do following. 1) If file exit then open file for reading and check if my string is there then i wanted to replace the entire line with that string + something else then close the file. 2) If file does not exit then i need to open the file and write to it. I am done with... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tarun24
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace a string in perl - Urgent

Hi, Can anyone help me to replace ='is NOT NULL' to is NOT NULL in perl. I tried all the methods which i know, i didnt arrive at the solution. please help!! ---------- Post updated at 03:01 PM ---------- Previous update was at 02:56 PM ---------- I got it.......! Thanks, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jam_prasanna
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Have a find/replace perl script thats broke

Hello Folks, #!/usr/bin/perl use File::Find; open F,shift or die $!; my %ip=map/(\S+)\s+(\S+)/,<F>; close F; find sub{ if( -f ){ local @ARGV=($_); local $^I=""; while( <> ){ !/#/ && s/(\w+)\.fs\.rich\.us/$ip{$1}/g; print; } }... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: richsark
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and replace, perl code

Hi, Can somebody tell whats wrong with "find and replace perl code". I wanted to find "\n".write(status,data" and replace with "\n",data" in multipls files. #!/usr/bin/perl my @files = <*.c>; foreach $fileName (@files) { print "$fileName\n"; my $searchStr0 =... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chettyravi
4 Replies
REPLACE(1)						      General Commands Manual							REPLACE(1)

NAME
replace - A utility program that is used by msql2mysql, but that has more general applicability as well. replace changes strings in place in files or on the standard input. Uses a finite state machine to match longer strings first. Can be used to swap strings. USAGE
replace [-?svIV] from to from to ... -- [files] or replace [-?svIV] from to from to ... < fromfile > tofile SYNOPSIS
replace [-?|-I] [-s] [-v] DESCRIPTION
replace -?|-I info -s silent -v verbose EXTRA INFO
Special characters in from string: ^ Match start of line. $ Match end of line.  Match space-character, start of line or end of line. For a end  the next replace starts locking at the end space-character. A  alone in a string matches only a space-character. EXAMPLE
this command swaps a and b in the given files: shell> replace a b b a -- file1 file2 ... SEE ALSO
isamchk (1), isamlog (1), mysqlaccess (1), mysqladmin (1), mysqlbug (1), mysqld (1), mysqldump (1), mysqlshow (1), msql2mysql (1), perror (1), replace (1), safe_mysqld (1), which1 (1), zap (1), AUTHOR
Ver 1.0, distribution 3.23.29a Michael (Monty) Widenius (monty@tcx.se), TCX Datakonsult AB (http://www.tcx.se). This software comes with no warranty. Manual page by L. (Kill-9) Pedersen (kill-9@kill-9.dk), Mercurmedia Data Model Architect / system developer (http://www.mer- curmedia.com) 20 December 2000 REPLACE(1)