Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking Ssh port forwarding through a pseudo terminal Post 302959570 by RudiC on Wednesday 4th of November 2015 01:01:39 PM
Old 11-04-2015
Not sure I understand.

Is mysql installed on your mac? Is your mac allowed access on server03 and/or the DB there?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to create a pseudo terminal

i have been trying to write a program to create a pseudo terminal..but im not familiar with pseudo terminals..so could some one help me out with the program flow ?? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shoba
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Pseudo-terminal will not be allocated because stdin is not a terminal.

I am trying to automate a SSH login using Keys using the following command ssh -i id_rsa usernamw@ipaddr. I am successful in doing this and i am getting the Warning Screen and I logon successfully. but when I am executing the command tail -1cf put.dat | ssh -i id_rsa username@ipaddr > get.dat ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shivdatta
1 Replies

3. Cybersecurity

ssh X-forwarding and remote forwarding behind proxy

Hi, from my workplace we use a proxy to connect to the outside world, including external ssh servers. The problem is that the server is seeing the connection coming from the proxy and knows nothing about the client behind it. The ssh connection itself works fine, but x-forwarding does not work as... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vampirodolce
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Pseudo Terminal

How can i view what my colleague is doing in the terminal pts/1 while i have logged into terminal pts/2 ?? Both have remotely logged in via ssh. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
4 Replies

5. IP Networking

SSH Port Forwarding - sharing the same port

Hi Linux/Unix Guru, I am setting Linux Hopping Station to another different servers. My current config to connect to another servers is using different port to connect. e.g ssh -D 1080 -p 22 username@server1.com ssh -D 1081 -p 22 username@server2.com Now what I would like to have... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: regmaster
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Add pseudo terminal to bash history

Hello, Could you tell me if it is possible to add pseudo terminal name to the bash history? I need to see from which terminal the command was issues. I found a variable HISTTIMEFORMAT that helps me to identify the time but cannot find similar thing for the pts number. thanks, Pavel. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pn8830
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SSH port forwarding/tunneling

So this seems like something that should be simple...but I can't quite seem to get it up and running. I have a machine, .107 with a GUI on port 8443. The problem is that I can't connect directly to .107 from my laptop. Now I have another machine, .69 that can connect to .107. So shouldn't I be able... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: DeCoTwc
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Does DOS has a terminal or pseudo terminal?

I am wondering if the DOS console works like the unix terminal? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vistastar
1 Replies

9. IP Networking

Totally stucked in ssh port forwarding

Hello my friends , i am totally stuck in ssh port forwarding topic i had learn iptables and other networking topic without any problem but ssh port forwarding is headache 1. local port = what is this ? is this incoming traffic or outgoing traffic 2. remote port = same as above 3. dynamic... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rink
2 Replies

10. IP Networking

Ftp over SSH port forwarding

Hi, I'm trying to connect ftp over ssh port forwarding to a sever(UnixC) behind FireWall(F/W). here's my env and question. UnixA(SSH Client) ----F/W ---- UnixB(SSH Svr) ---- UnixC (FTP, 21) UnixA wants to connect ftp service of UnixC via SSH port forwarding on UnixB. Unix A,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hanyunq
3 Replies
RFCOMM_SPPD(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 					    RFCOMM_SPPD(1)

NAME
rfcomm_sppd -- RFCOMM Serial Port Profile daemon SYNOPSIS
rfcomm_sppd [-bhtS] -a address -c channel DESCRIPTION
The rfcomm_sppd utility is a Serial Port Profile daemon. It can operate in two modes: client and server. In client mode, rfcomm_sppd opens RFCOMM connection to the specified address server and channel. Once connection is established, the rfcomm_sppd utility provides access to the server's remote serial port via stdin/stdout or via pts(4) interface if -t option was specified. If the -S option is specified, rfcomm_sppd will operate in server mode and act as RFCOMM server, listening on ANY address and advertising a virtual serial port via the sdpd(8) daemon. If -t options was specified, the server side of the virtual serial port is attached to a pseudo- terminal. Otherwise the virtual serial port is attached to the stdin/stdout. rfcomm_sppd should be run as root in order to communicate with sdpd(8) in this case. The rfcomm_sppd utility opens both master and slave pseudo terminals. This is done to ensure that RFCOMM connection stays open until rfcomm_sppd is terminated. The data received from the master pseudo terminal are sent over the RFCOMM connection. The data received from the RFCOMM connection are written into master pseudo terminal. The application in its turn opens the slave pseudo terminal and operates on it just like it would operate over the standard serial port. The options are as follows: -a address In client mode, this required option specifies the address of the remote RFCOMM server. If this option is specified in server mode, rfcomm_sppd will only accept connections from the Bluetooth device with address address. The address can be specified as BD_ADDR or name. If name was specified then rfcomm_sppd utility will attempt to resolve the name via bt_gethostbyname(3). -b Detach from the controlling terminal, i.e., run in background. -c channel In both client and server mode, this option specifies the RFCOMM channel to connect to or listen on. In server mode, the channel should be a number between 1 and 30. If not specified, rfcomm_sppd will try to bind to ``wildcard'' RFCOMM channel number. The actual RFCOMM channel will be obtained via getsockname(2) call and will be used to register Serial Port service with sdpd(8). In client mode, the channel could either be a number between 1 and 30 or a service name. Supported service names are: DUN (for DialUp Networking service), FAX (for Fax service), LAN (for LAN Access Using PPP service) and SP (for Serial Port service). If channel was not specified then rfcomm_sppd utility will try to obtain RFCOMM channel for Serial Port service via Service Discovery Protocol from the server. -h Display usage message and exit. -S Server mode; see DESCRIPTION. -t Use slave pseudo tty. If not set stdin/stdout will be used. This option is required if -b option was specified. FILES
/dev/pts/[num] slave pseudo terminals EXIT STATUS
The rfcomm_sppd utility exits 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs. EXAMPLES
rfcomm_sppd -a 00:01:02:03:04:05 -c 1 -t Will start the rfcomm_sppd utility and open RFCOMM connection to the server at 00:01:02:03:04:05 and channel 1. Once the connection has been established, a pts(4) can be used to talk to the remote serial port on the server. rfcomm_sppd prints the name of the pts(4) to use on std- out. SEE ALSO
bluetooth(3), ng_btsocket(4), pts(4), rfcomm_pppd(8), sdpd(8) AUTHORS
Maksim Yevmenkin <m_evmenkin@yahoo.com> BUGS
Please report if found. BSD
April 21, 2008 BSD