Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking Ssh port forwarding through a pseudo terminal Post 302959570 by RudiC on Wednesday 4th of November 2015 01:01:39 PM
Old 11-04-2015
Not sure I understand.

Is mysql installed on your mac? Is your mac allowed access on server03 and/or the DB there?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to create a pseudo terminal

i have been trying to write a program to create a pseudo terminal..but im not familiar with pseudo terminals..so could some one help me out with the program flow ?? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shoba
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Pseudo-terminal will not be allocated because stdin is not a terminal.

I am trying to automate a SSH login using Keys using the following command ssh -i id_rsa usernamw@ipaddr. I am successful in doing this and i am getting the Warning Screen and I logon successfully. but when I am executing the command tail -1cf put.dat | ssh -i id_rsa username@ipaddr > get.dat ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shivdatta
1 Replies

3. Cybersecurity

ssh X-forwarding and remote forwarding behind proxy

Hi, from my workplace we use a proxy to connect to the outside world, including external ssh servers. The problem is that the server is seeing the connection coming from the proxy and knows nothing about the client behind it. The ssh connection itself works fine, but x-forwarding does not work as... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vampirodolce
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Pseudo Terminal

How can i view what my colleague is doing in the terminal pts/1 while i have logged into terminal pts/2 ?? Both have remotely logged in via ssh. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
4 Replies

5. IP Networking

SSH Port Forwarding - sharing the same port

Hi Linux/Unix Guru, I am setting Linux Hopping Station to another different servers. My current config to connect to another servers is using different port to connect. e.g ssh -D 1080 -p 22 username@server1.com ssh -D 1081 -p 22 username@server2.com Now what I would like to have... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: regmaster
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Add pseudo terminal to bash history

Hello, Could you tell me if it is possible to add pseudo terminal name to the bash history? I need to see from which terminal the command was issues. I found a variable HISTTIMEFORMAT that helps me to identify the time but cannot find similar thing for the pts number. thanks, Pavel. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pn8830
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SSH port forwarding/tunneling

So this seems like something that should be simple...but I can't quite seem to get it up and running. I have a machine, .107 with a GUI on port 8443. The problem is that I can't connect directly to .107 from my laptop. Now I have another machine, .69 that can connect to .107. So shouldn't I be able... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: DeCoTwc
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Does DOS has a terminal or pseudo terminal?

I am wondering if the DOS console works like the unix terminal? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vistastar
1 Replies

9. IP Networking

Totally stucked in ssh port forwarding

Hello my friends , i am totally stuck in ssh port forwarding topic i had learn iptables and other networking topic without any problem but ssh port forwarding is headache 1. local port = what is this ? is this incoming traffic or outgoing traffic 2. remote port = same as above 3. dynamic... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rink
2 Replies

10. IP Networking

Ftp over SSH port forwarding

Hi, I'm trying to connect ftp over ssh port forwarding to a sever(UnixC) behind FireWall(F/W). here's my env and question. UnixA(SSH Client) ----F/W ---- UnixB(SSH Svr) ---- UnixC (FTP, 21) UnixA wants to connect ftp service of UnixC via SSH port forwarding on UnixB. Unix A,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hanyunq
3 Replies
RLOGIND(8)						      System Manager's Manual							RLOGIND(8)

NAME
rlogind, in.rld - remote login server SYNOPSIS
login stream tcp nowait root /usr/sbin/in.rld in.rld tcpd login /usr/sbin/in.rld DESCRIPTION
Rlogind is the server for the rlogin(1) program. The server provides a remote login facility with authentication based on privileged port numbers from trusted hosts. Rlogind listens for service requests at the port indicated in the ``login'' service specification; see services(5). When a service request is received the following protocol is initiated: 1) The server checks the client's source port. If the port is not in the range 0-1023, the server aborts the connection. 2) The server checks the client's source address and requests the corresponding host name (see gethostbyaddr(3), hosts(5) and named(8)). If the hostname cannot be determined, the dot-notation representation of the host address is used. Once the source port and address have been checked, rlogind allocates a pseudo terminal (see tty(4)), and manipulates file descriptors so that the slave half of the pseudo terminal becomes the stdin , stdout , and stderr for a login process. The login process is an instance of the login(1) program, invoked with the -r option. The login process then proceeds with the authentication process as described in rshd(8), but if automatic authentication fails, it reprompts the user to login as one finds on a standard terminal line. The parent of the login process manipulates the master side of the pseduo terminal, operating as an intermediary between the login process and the client instance of the rlogin program. In normal operation, the packet protocol described in tty(4) is invoked to provide ^S/^Q type facilities and propagate interrupt signals to the remote programs. The login process propagates the client terminal's baud rate and terminal type, as found in the environment variable, ``TERM''; see environ(7). The screen or window size of the terminal is requested from the client, and window size changes from the client are propagated to the pseudo terminal. SEE ALSO
rlogin(1). DIAGNOSTICS
All diagnostic messages are returned on the connection associated with the stderr, after which any network connections are closed. An error is indicated by a leading byte with a value of 1. ``Try again.'' A fork by the server failed. ``/bin/sh: ...'' The user's login shell could not be started. BUGS
The authentication procedure used here assumes the integrity of each client machine and the connecting medium. This is insecure, but is useful in an ``open'' environment. A facility to allow all data exchanges to be encrypted should be present. A more extensible protocol should be used. 4.2 Berkeley Distribution May 24, 1986 RLOGIND(8)