Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux SuSE 'createrepo' not found on SLES 10.3 Post 302959554 by cjcox on Wednesday 4th of November 2015 10:52:22 AM
Old 11-04-2015
createrepo is a noarch package on DVD1 of the SDK, You need to add the SDK to your repos to be searched.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SuSE

vsftpd won't start on SLES 10

I recently installed SLES 10 on an x86 64bit blade server. I then installed vsftpd from the suse cds through network services; however after configuring the vsftpd.conf file, the server fails to start: # /etc/init.d/vsftpd start Starting vsftpd startproc: exit status of parent of... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dave521
5 Replies

2. Linux

How to take OS Backup of SLES 10 on DVD....???

Dear All, I have two intel xeon servers running with SLES 10 on a cluster environment (Veritas Cluster 4.1 - 2 Node Cluster - Active Passive). Both the systems are having hardware RAID 1 for OS disk. Both the systems are having DVD writer. I would like to take the OS backup on DVD which can... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jumadhiya
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to detect OS is SLES 10 or not

Hi, I would like to programmatically find if given OS is SLES 10 / RHEL 3/.RHEL 4/RHEL5 etc .. For this do we have any library call/sys call? Or should we use any sys. structure which would give me detailed info. Share me if you have any pointers. Thanks in advance - Krishna (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: krishnamurthig
1 Replies

4. Red Hat

createrepo...YUM installation

i have 5 cd's of RHEL 5. how do i know which cd is the createrepo package in... is there any command or flags you can add to rpm command to install and the install processes will automatically ask for certain # of cd... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dplinux
0 Replies

5. SuSE

configure vnc sles 11

Is there any doc/procedure to set up VNC on SLES 11 to connect from windows clients?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: s_linux
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

Installing yum and createrepo

Hello all, I'm stuck with a problem on REDHAT Enterprise (uname -r show: 2.4.21-57.ELsmp) The only way to install package is using RPM, but since I'm a newbie I got a lot of dependencies warnings. I installed yum, but the problem now is that I'm not able to create a local repository to install... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lord Spectre
6 Replies

7. SuSE

SLES 9 vs SLES 11 hard drive cache read timings are diffrent

Can anyone give me a little clue on why the hard drive cache read timings on sles 9 is better then sles 11? The same hardware was used in both test. I even deleted the ata_generic module from initrd. The speed difference is 10MB vs 5 MB Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 3junior
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

'yum install createrepo' issue

Hi, Here is the issue: # yum install createrepo Warning, could not load sqlite, falling back to pickle Setting up Install Process Setting up repositories file://var/yum_rpm/repodata/repomd.xml: OSError: No such file or directory: '/yum_rpm/repodata/repomd.xml' Trying other mirror. Cannot... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
5 Replies

9. SuSE

Sha512 support in SLES 10 PATCHLEVEL 4

Hello, I would like ask if SLES 10, PATCHLEVEL 4 is supporting sha512 password encryption algorithm?? Many thanks, Stan (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: brusell
0 Replies

10. SuSE

Createrepo & reposync packages

Hi guys, I have a SUSE 10 box and is missing 2 commands: reposync createrepo When I try to search for these using zypper : server:/tmp # zypper search createrepo Restoring system sources... Not found: Media Exception Not found: Media Exception /repodata/repomd.xml (http://<REPO>)... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Junaid Subhani
0 Replies
OPEN(1) 						    BSD General Commands Manual 						   OPEN(1)

NAME
open -- open files and directories SYNOPSIS
open [-e] [-t] [-f] [-F] [-W] [-R] [-n] [-g] [-j] [-h] [-s sdk] [-b bundle_identifier] [-a application] file ... [--args arg1 ...] DESCRIPTION
The open command opens a file (or a directory or URL), just as if you had double-clicked the file's icon. If no application name is speci- fied, the default application as determined via LaunchServices is used to open the specified files. If the file is in the form of a URL, the file will be opened as a URL. You can specify one or more file names (or pathnames), which are interpreted relative to the shell or Terminal window's current working directory. For example, the following command would open all Word files in the current working directory: open *.doc Opened applications inherit environment variables just as if you had launched the application directly through its full path. This behavior was also present in Tiger. The options are as follows: -a application Specifies the application to use for opening the file -b bundle_indentifier Specifies the bundle identifier for the application to use when opening the file -e Causes the file to be opened with /Applications/TextEdit -t Causes the file to be opened with the default text editor, as determined via LaunchServices -f Reads input from standard input and opens the results in the default text editor. End input by sending EOF character (type Control-D). Also useful for piping output to open and having it open in the default text editor. -F Opens the application "fresh," that is, without restoring windows. Saved persistent state is lost, except for Untitled documents. -W Causes open to wait until the applications it opens (or that were already open) have exited. Use with the -n flag to allow open to func- tion as an appropriate app for the $EDITOR environment variable. -R Reveals the file(s) in the Finder instead of opening them. -n Open a new instance of the application(s) even if one is already running. -g Do not bring the application to the foreground. -j Launches the app hidden. -h Searches header locations for a header whose name matches the given string and then opens it. Pass a full header name (such as NSView.h) for increased performance. -s For -h, partial or full SDK name to use; if supplied, only SDKs whose names contain the argument value are searched. Otherwise the high- est versioned SDK in each platform is used. --args All remaining arguments are passed to the opened application in the argv parameter to main(). These arguments are not opened or inter- preted by the open tool. EXAMPLES
"open '/Volumes/Macintosh HD/foo.txt'" opens the document in the default application for its type (as determined by LaunchServices). "open '/Volumes/Macintosh HD/Applications/'" opens that directory in the Finder. "open -a /Applications/TextEdit.app '/Volumes/Macintosh HD/foo.txt'" opens the document in the application specified (in this case, TextE- dit). "open -b com.apple.TextEdit '/Volumes/Macintosh HD/foo.txt'" opens the document in the application specified (in this case, TextEdit). "open -e '/Volumes/Macintosh HD/foo.txt'" opens the document in TextEdit. "ls | open -f" writes the output of the 'ls' command to a file in /tmp and opens the file in the default text editor (as determined by LaunchServices). "open http://www.apple.com/" opens the URL in the default browser. "open 'file://localhost/Volumes/Macintosh HD/foo.txt'" opens the document in the default application for its type (as determined by Launch- Services). "open 'file://localhost/Volumes/Macintosh HD/Applications/'" opens that directory in the Finder. "open -h NSView" lists headers whose names contain NSView and allows you to choose which ones to open. "open -h NSView.h" immediately opens NSView.h. "open -h NSView -s OSX10.12" lists headers whose names contain NSView in the MacOSX 10.12 SDK and allows you to choose which ones to open. HISTORY
First appeared in NextStep. macOS April 14, 2017 macOS