Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Sudoers file
Operating Systems Solaris Sudoers file Post 302959496 by MadeInGermany on Tuesday 3rd of November 2015 03:55:20 PM
Old 11-03-2015
Try this command alias in sudoers
Code:
Cmnd_Alias SAVERM=/usr/bin/rm /path/to/dir1/*, /usr/bin/rm /path/to/dir2/*

and specify SAVERM as the allowed command for your users.
The users must use full path for command and arguments e.g.
Code:
sudo /usr/bin/rm /path/to/dir1/examplefile
sudo /usr/bin/rm /path/to/dir2/subdir/anotherfile

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

sudoers file

Hi, I have edited 'sudoers' file to allow 'cads' user shutdown the system without providing a password. Can someone tell me what's wrong with my file? It's not working when I 'sudo SHUTDOWN' command: sudo: SHUTDOWN: command not found Thanks a lot! # Host alias specification... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: whatisthis
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Parsing Sudoers File

Does anyone know of a utility that can parse through a sudoers file and create an "expansion" dump of all users defined in the User Specification, outputting user, host, and command based on all defined Aliases? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jasondavey
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sudoers file

i have defined a rule in the sudoers file so a specific user is able to run some commands as sudo with no password. my question is: is it possible to restrict a user to run commands as sudo only in a certain directory? for example: chown only the files that are located in /var/tmp. Thank you. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: noam128
2 Replies

4. Solaris

usage of sudoers file?

All, I have sudo setup installed on my Soalris 10 box. Everything working fine as expected. I would like to setup granular level access for one of the user I use Rational Clearcase application which has its own command prompt /usr/atria/bin/cleartool Once i invloked i can run its... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: baluchen
4 Replies

5. Cybersecurity

Help with sudoers file - AIX

Hi all, I'm trying to setup my sudoer file at work to have the right security, but I'm not able to refine to the level I want. Here's what I would like to have: => OS Users - John (group staff) - Bob (group staff) - app20adm (group app20grp) - app70adm (group app70grp) - sys20adm... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: victorbrca
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scripting help with Sudoers file

Hello, Recently our team noticed access to groups had not been revoked per sudo file. We currently have around 160 AIX LPARS. I am hoping someone can help me write a script that would copy all sudoers file at each machine and dump into 1 large file for me to review. I have public... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: audis$
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Pls. help with sudoers file...

Hi, I was asked to create sudoers file for operation team so they can sudo as another user and run few commands. I have updated /etc/sudoers file. User_Alias LEVEL1 = JamesF, dennisW, juanC, steveS, Cmnd_Alias SU_PROD=/bin/su prod, /bin/su - prod Cmnd_Alias SU_NYOP=/bin/su... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
2 Replies

8. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Getting details from sudoers file

Hi, I need the details of which ids belong to the sudoers file, and which groups these ids belong to. Can anyone suggest a way to derive that information into a flat file please? G (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ggayathri
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with Sudoers file

Hi using Solaris 10. trying to update /etc/sudoers file I need to add all the fist level operation team. This is what I have but it doesn't seem to work. Please help.Error message sudo su - >>> sudoers file: parse error, line 9 <<< >>> sudoers file: parse error, line 9 <<< ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to setup sudoers file ?

Hi, I have several employees of whom we have created Linux user ids as below. fred mohtashim jhon matt croft .... $ id uid=1018(jhon) gid=1003(techx) groups=1003(techx) context=unconfined_u:unconfined_r:unconfined_t:s0-s0:c0.c1023 Note: All my employee users belong to techx... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
3 Replies
SVN::Hooks::UpdateConfFile(3pm) 			User Contributed Perl Documentation			   SVN::Hooks::UpdateConfFile(3pm)

NAME
SVN::Hooks::UpdateConfFile - Maintain the repository configuration versioned. VERSION
version 1.19 SYNOPSIS
This SVN::Hooks plugin allows you to maintain the repository configuration files under version control. The repository configuration is usually kept in the directory "conf" under the directory where the repository was created. In a brand new repository you see there the files "authz", "passwd", and "svnserve.conf". It's too bad that these important files are usually kept out of any version control system. This plugin tries to solve this problem allowing you to keep these files versioned under the same repository where they are used. It's active in the "pre-commit" and the "post-commit" hooks. It's configured by the following directive. UPDATE_CONF_FILE(FROM, TO, @ARGS) This directive tells that after a successful commit the file FROM, kept under version control, must be copied to TO. FROM can be a string or a qr/Regexp/ specifying the file path relative to the repository's root (e.g. "trunk/src/version.c" or "qr:^conf/(w+).conf$:"). TO is a path relative to the "/repo/conf" directory in the server. It can be an explicit file name or a directory, in which case the basename of FROM is used as the name of the destination file. If FROM is a qr/Regexp/, TO is evaluated as a string in order to allow for the interpolation of capture buffers from the regular expression. This is useful to map the copy operation to a diferent directory structure. For example, this configuration "qr:^conf/(w+).conf$: => '$1.conf'" updates any .conf file in the repository conf directory. The optional @ARGS must be a sequence of pairs like these: validator => ARRAY or CODE A validator is a function or a command (specified by an array of strings that will be passed to the shell) that will check the contents of FROM in the pre-commit hook to see if it's valid. If there is no validator, the contents are considered valid. The function receives three arguments: A string with the contents of FROM A string with the relative path to FROM in the repository An SVN::Look object representing the commit transaction The command is called with three arguments: The path to a temporary copy of FROM The relative path to FROM in the repository The path to the root of the repository in the server generator => ARRAY or CODE A generator is a function or a command (specified by an array of strings that will be passed to the shell) that will transform the contents of FROM in the post-commit hook before copying it to TO. If there is no generator, the contents are copied as is. The function receives the same three arguments as the validator's function above. The command is called with the same three arguments as the validator's command above. actuator => ARRAY or CODE An actuator is a function or a command (specified by an array of strings that will be passed to the shell) that will be invoked after a successful commit of FROM in the post-commit hook. The function receives the same three arguments as the validator's function above. The command is called with the same three arguments as the validator's command above. rotate => NUMBER By default, after each successful commit the TO file is overwriten by the new contents of FROM. With this option, the last NUMBER versions of TO are kept on disk with numeric suffixes ranging from .0 to ".NUMBER-1". This can be useful, for instance, in case you manage to commit a wrong authz file that denies any subsequent commit. UPDATE_CONF_FILE( 'conf/authz' => 'authz', validator => ['/usr/local/bin/svnauthcheck'], generator => ['/usr/local/bin/authz-expand-includes'], actuator => ['/usr/local/bin/notify-auth-change'], rotate => 2, ); UPDATE_CONF_FILE( 'conf/svn-hooks.conf' => 'svn-hooks.conf', validator => [qw(/usr/bin/perl -c)], actuator => sub { my ($contents, $file) = @_; die "Can't use Gustavo here." if $contents =~ /gustavo/; }, rotate => 2, ); UPDATE_CONF_FILE( qr:/file( +)$:' => 'subdir/$1/file', rotate => 2, ); AUTHOR
Gustavo L. de M. Chaves <gnustavo@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
This software is copyright (c) 2012 by CPqD. This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as the Perl 5 programming language system itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-06-24 SVN::Hooks::UpdateConfFile(3pm)