Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to compile a software for a non-typical platform? Post 302959445 by Don Cragun on Monday 2nd of November 2015 06:27:27 PM
Old 11-02-2015
The software you're trying to build needs Libidn version >= 0.3.0 which presumably means a version 0.x.y where x >= 3 and y >= 0. A change in value in the 1st number in the version (0 to 1 in this case) indicates incompatible changes to the interfaces in the library that the code you're building is not prepared to handle.

You need to either get a newer version of the software you're building (that wants a Libidn version 1.x.y with x <= 25 or install an additional version of Libidn with version 0.x.y where x >= 3.

Note also that libraries should be loaded into a directory with a final component being lib; not bin.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Typical way to disable a dameon

I want to disable some services starting automatically while system booting, for instance if i want to disable vold what i have to do ? i think some services related to a script init level shell directory,and i think as well that since solaris 10 they added a command to enable and disable services... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: XP_2600
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

typical mail script

hi i have a requirement to write a mail script which needs to be automated.There are 7 CSV files generated for 7 clients in a single day.Each file will contain one header and the name of the file follows a nomenclature like ABC_20080402_ClientID.csv.ClientID is lets say... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dr46014
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Meaning and typical use of -3 signal in kill

Hi, What is the use of the signal -3 in kill command in unix? I read the meaning and typical use of this signal in one of the Oreilly books as below. Quit -- stop running (and dump core). Sent when you type CTRL-\. what does the CTRL-\ command do? Is it the combination of CTRL and... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkatesht
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Compiling gcc to compile make to compile yaboot

I have just installed OpenBSD on a 333MHz PPC iMac G3. It has a 6GB HDD that has been partitioned as 1GB MacOS 8.5.1, 3GB MacOS X 10.3.9, 2GB OpenBSD 4.8. I now need to install a bootloader so that my computer can recognize the OpenBSD partition at startup. I have been trying to install... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: t04st3r
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

A typical array script

Hi All, I need to store the output of "find ." to an array one by one. Output of find . in my case will look like :- . ./one ./one/a ./one/b ./one/c ./two So my first array element should be "/one" and second one "/one/a" (need to remove "." from the output as well). Then I need to... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Renjesh
11 Replies

6. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Calculating total space in GB for all files with typical pattern

Hi Experts, In a particular dir, I have many files *AJAY*. How can I get total size of all such files. I tried du -hs *AJAY* but it gave me individual size of all files. All I require is summation of all. Thanks, Ajay (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaypatil_am
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Typical steps to be followed while applying an application patch upgrade on linux

what are the typical steps used by system adminstrators while applying an application patch upgrade (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ramky79
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Typical problem in UNIX

Input file I have a file with four fields. f1,f2,f3,f4 A,1,10,00,S B,2,20,00,00,D C,3,100,00,00,G I want Output like f1|f2|f3|f4 A|1|10,00|S B|2|20,00,00|D C|3|100,00,00|G please help on this (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bharat1211
4 Replies
Tk_InitStubs(3) 					       Tk Library Procedures						   Tk_InitStubs(3)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Tk_InitStubs - initialize the Tk stubs mechanism SYNOPSIS
#include <tk.h> const char * Tk_InitStubs(interp, version, exact) ARGUMENTS
Tcl_Interp *interp (in) Tcl interpreter handle. char *version (in) A version string consisting of one or more decimal numbers separated by dots. int exact (in) Non-zero means that only the particular Tk version specified by version is acceptable. Zero means that versions newer than version are also acceptable as long as they have the same major version number as ver- sion. _________________________________________________________________ INTRODUCTION
The Tcl stubs mechanism defines a way to dynamically bind extensions to a particular Tcl implementation at run time. the stubs mechanism requires no changes to applications incoporating Tcl/Tk interpreters. Only developers creating C-based Tcl/Tk extensions need to take steps to use the stubs mechanism with their extensions. See the Tcl_InitStubs page for more information. Enabling the stubs mechanism for a Tcl/Tk extension requires the following steps: 1) Call Tcl_InitStubs in the extension before calling any other Tcl functions. 2) Call Tk_InitStubs if the extension before calling any other Tk functions. 2) Define the USE_TCL_STUBS symbol. Typically, you would include the -DUSE_TCL_STUBS flag when compiling the extension. 3) Link the extension with the Tcl and Tk stubs libraries instead of the standard Tcl and Tk libraries. On Unix platforms, the library names are libtclstub8.4.a and libtkstub8.4.a; on Windows platforms, the library names are tclstub84.lib and tkstub84.lib (adjust names with appropriate version number). DESCRIPTION
Tk_InitStubs attempts to initialize the Tk stub table pointers and ensure that the correct version of Tk is loaded. In addition to an interpreter handle, it accepts as arguments a version number and a Boolean flag indicating whether the extension requires an exact version match or not. If exact is 0, then the extension is indicating that newer versions of Tk are acceptable as long as they have the same major version number as version; non-zero means that only the specified version is acceptable. Tcl_InitStubs returns a string containing the actual version of Tk satisfying the request, or NULL if the Tk version is not acceptable, does not support the stubs mechanism, or any other error condition occurred. SEE ALSO
Tcl_InitStubs KEYWORDS
stubs Tk 8.4 Tk_InitStubs(3)