Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Facing problem with Alias created through script. Post 302959298 by venky.b5 on Saturday 31st of October 2015 09:07:00 AM
Old 10-31-2015
Hi,

Thanks for the response RudiC,

yes, may someone have better idea around
when am checking length of an array it displays 1
echo ${DB_INSTANCES[*]}
so am following echo ${DB_INSTANCES[*]}|wc -l
is this a correct way to follow.

please help

Regard's
Venkat

---------- Post updated at 06:37 PM ---------- Previous update was at 05:15 PM ----------

Hi All,

Thank you RudiC driving me

I resolved my issue with snippet below

Code:
diff $HOME/.bashrc $HOME/temp_alias_compare_file >/dev/null 2>&1
  if [ $? -eq 1 ];then
    diff $HOME/.bashrc $HOME/temp_alias_compare_file | grep 'alias' | grep -v 'showdb' | while read line
         do
            unalias $(echo $line | awk -F"=" '{print $1}' | awk -F"alias" '{print $2}' | sed 's/^ //g')
         done
  fi
. $HOME/.bashrc

Regard's
Venkat

Last edited by Don Cragun; 10-31-2015 at 04:12 PM.. Reason: Add CODE tags.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

facing a problem in redirection

Hi, I am doing this perl script print (@line(1..15)); the lines 1 to 15 get printed... how can i redirect this to file? thanks and regards vivek.s (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivekshankar
4 Replies

2. Solaris

please help as i am facing problem with uptime

Hi I am getting the uptime output as follows 12:40am up 4 day(s), 18:29, 2 users, load average: 38.97, 36.54, 34.89 The load average is too high . I have checked the processes , but no process is taking too much cpu time Please help (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: guy009
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

facing problem in starting a process in background using shell script.

hey all, i am working on sun solaris machine and i want to start a process in background using shell script (actually i wanna start tomcat server using shell script). please dont tell me that append a & at last because this is not working in the shell script. i have also used nohup and... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: dtomar
8 Replies

4. Solaris

Facing problem with zone

i am using this way to create zone1 and zone2 bash-2.05b# zonecfg -z zone1 zone1: No such zone configured Use 'create' to begin configuring a new zone. zonecfg:zone1> create zonecfg:zone1> set zonepath=/zone/1 zonecfg:zone1> set autoboot=true zonecfg:zone1> add net zonecfg:zone1:net>... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: coxmanchester
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem facing in if -else condition

can u plz tell me where is the error echo enter the filename to be searched read fname if #-d $fname then echo file exists if then echo itsa directory elif then echo its readable cat $fname else echo its not readable fi else ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gotam
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Facing Problem with metaset in SVM

hi all, i am using solaris 5.10 on sun blade 150 and i am trying to configure diskset in sun volume manager. When i fire the following command, it says some rpc related error. bash-3.00# metaset -s kingston -a -h u15_9 metaset: u15_9: metad client create: RPC: Program not registered how to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingston
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

created a .alias, but they won't take (ksh)

I login with a common username, and have no access to the different login scripts for my personalizations. So for a while, I would hobble on over to a directory I made for myself, and then bring in my alias file where I would fix my backspace, create a few aliases, etc.: $ ./.alias $ Now... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hindesite
4 Replies

8. AIX

facing problem using su

Hi, I am able to login using su - or su directly , # prompt is coming, it doesnt ask for password. any normal user on aix system is login using su - or su . Please suggest where to change the configuration direct root login is disabled in /etc/ssh/sshd_config file. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Facing problem in the sqlldr & shell script

Guys i am facing two problems : (1) when i create the sql loader file the date format i m getting is this 28-DEC-11 12.03.14.107137 AM; for this i m using this script but unable to load the files trailing nullcols ( SERIALNO, AMOUNT, CLASS, MDN, VDATE "to_date(:TIMESTAMP, 'DD-MON-YY... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: xal_kaushi
6 Replies
GO2(1)																	    GO2(1)

NAME
go2 - directory finder SYNOPSIS
go2 [-h] [--cd] [-i] [-r] [--setup] [--version] [pattern [pattern ...]] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the go2 command. This manual page was written for the Debian(TM) distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. go2 is a program that finds (and changes to) directories. IMPORTANT
go2 requires be loaded from the shell. To do this include the next sentence in your $HOME/.bashrc file: [ -e /usr/lib/go2/go2.sh ] && source /usr/lib/go2/go2.sh If your wish improve directory caching, you may include also the next sentence: alias cd='go2 --cd' Both are made by the setup process the first time you invoke go2. OPTIONS
This program follows the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes ('-'). A summary of options is included below. For a complete description, see the Info files. --cd Just change working directory -i Case insensitive. -r Search from root directory. -d Search in hidden directories. -l List only, print matches and exists. --setup Install go2 in your .bashrc. SEE ALSO
This program is fully documented in http://arco.esi.uclm.es/~david.villa/go2.html COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2011 David Villa This manual page was written for the Debian system (and may be used by others). Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 2 or (at your option) any later version published by the Free Software Foundation. On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL. AUTHOR
David.Villa@uclm.es 2011-08-05 GO2(1)