Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: C code in Bash?
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting C code in Bash? Post 302959082 by Lost in Cyberia on Wednesday 28th of October 2015 01:34:04 PM
Old 10-28-2015
Wow, I've been in and out of linux scripting for like a year now...but I've yet to ever hear of this... Thanks guys! Is this deprecated syntax for bash? Really I don't see the point of it though...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Source Code

Can somebody give me the link to get the source code of BASH? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bhargava
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

xml code in bash shell

Hi, I am trying to develop a bash script that contains an xml code. I want to put the xml code inside the bash script. Is there a way to make that happen?! My goal is to create a script that can allow the user to enter some parameters which can be passed by the script to the xml code :o . ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: the wonderer
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Code stripper for bash script..

Dear all, Is there any open source tool for stripping the comments to bash script without affecting the code part? Please give me any reference to it.. Thanks in Advance... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nila
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help to write bash script code

I am newbie to UNIX. I came across this exercise in one the books.Can anyone help me with this question?????? Write a short Bash script that, given the name of a file as an argument, reads the file name and creates a new file containing only lines which consist of one word. Here is an example... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: krthknaidu
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

What's wrong with my bash code?

I want to let sleep 3 in the background and echo $i pkglists="a b c d e f g" f() { local i set -- $pkglists && ((i +=2)) && sleep 3 &;echo $i } f (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Understanding bash code

I am not able to understand below line in unix bash shell.Could anyone explain what it will do result="${path1}/*${var1}*${var2}*wssreligibleitem*.csv" path1 is defined and it is a directory path var1 is defined and it holds string value like abc var2 is defined and it holds string value like... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vamsi.valiveti
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash code will not run

Why doesn't the code below run? Am I missing something? Thank you :). syntax() { printf "\n\n" printf "Enter HGVS description of variant(s): "; IFS="," read -a hgvs && printf "\n Nothijng entered. Leaving match function." && sleep 2 && return for ((i=0;... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash code change

I have the below bash which runs great. Before I make a change I wanted to check with experts (as I am not one). After the perl code completes, I am going to display "annotation complete" then go into the remove function . annovar() { # combine id and position files cd... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash FPATH code update

In this post at 302451613-post2.html the link to the code comes up not found. The thread is closed, so I was unable to ask on the thread itself and I do not have enough posts yet to send a private message (or write out a proper html link). Does the author (jim mcanamara) have an updated link? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: matthewpersico
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash - Validating return code 0

Hi All, I am trying a script out that will startup on one of my servers. i wanted to check for RC 0 and if it didnt check out, exit. Typo- This is BASH (Redhat) This isnt working, and this is the best way to do error checking I feel. Heres my erorr ./start: line 25: syntax error near... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeffs42885
2 Replies
platform::shell(n)					       Tcl Bundled Packages						platform::shell(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
platform::shell - System identification support code and utilities SYNOPSIS
package require platform::shell ?1.1.4? platform::shell::generic shell platform::shell::identify shell platform::shell::platform shell _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The platform::shell package provides several utility commands useful for the identification of the architecture of a specific Tcl shell. This package allows the identification of the architecture of a specific Tcl shell different from the shell running the package. The only requirement is that the other shell (identified by its path), is actually executable on the current machine. While for most platform this means that the architecture of the interrogated shell is identical to the architecture of the running shell this is not generally true. A counter example are all platforms which have 32 and 64 bit variants and where a 64bit system is able to run 32bit code. For these running and interrogated shell may have different 32/64 bit settings and thus different identifiers. For applications like a code repository it is important to identify the architecture of the shell which will actually run the installed packages, versus the architecture of the shell running the repository software. COMMANDS
platform::shell::identify shell This command does the same identification as platform::identify, for the specified Tcl shell, in contrast to the running shell. platform::shell::generic shell This command does the same identification as platform::generic, for the specified Tcl shell, in contrast to the running shell. platform::shell::platform shell This command returns the contents of tcl_platform(platform) for the specified Tcl shell. KEYWORDS
operating system, cpu architecture, platform, architecture platform::shell 1.1.4 platform::shell(n)