Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu Ubuntu Server in VM - DHCP Server not working Post 302958897 by Portuguevos on Tuesday 27th of October 2015 08:10:48 AM
Old 10-27-2015
Hi all.

Found out where the mistake was:
Forgot to edit the file:

/etc/default/isc-dhcp-server

And in the line INTERFACES="" i had to input my network card interface:
INTERFACE="eth0"

In the VM configuration i left my Network Adapter selected in:
--> Bridged: Connected directly to the physical network,

Thank you guys!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

DHCP Server Suggestions

I need to setup a DHCP server in our office for Macs, Windows (98/ME/NT/2000) Linux and Unix servers and workstations. We want it on a Unix server, but I'm unsure what is out there. The Unix world is new to me, so any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks! Corey (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: coreyhead
2 Replies

2. IP Networking

DHCP server question

hi all... i have a question about of the dhcp server.... how i can configurate 3 vlans on the server....? thank you (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chanfle
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Would like to install x86 desktop Ubuntu over AMD64 Ubuntu server

My intention was to build a dual boot XP Pro 64 and Ubuntu media server. I had installed the AMD64 version of Ubuntu 8.10 server and thought that I would be able to install Apache server. I need a GUI to work in. I tried to boot and install Mythbuntu 32 bit 8.10, but my machine now won't recognize... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: docflyboy
0 Replies

4. Solaris

DHCP Server in Non-Global Zone

I am having trouble starting the DCHP server in a non-global zone that has exclusive access to an interface. Every time I attempt to start it goes in to maintenance mode and the error in the log shows this: I have seen on a thread on Sun's forums that addressed this but it was dealing with Solaris... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lespaul20
9 Replies

5. Solaris

Exporting DHCP to backup server

Hi just looking for some advise on the best way to set-up a passive dhcp server in solaris. Was thinking of exporting the dhcp data/macros etc to a separate server to use as a backup that will be activated when the main dhcp server goes down Any hints/tips etc greatly appreciated (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eeisken
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Is a Solaris dhcp server better than windows?

hi, we are moving to dhcp from a static ip and i'm thinking which should best be the DHCP server? i have a windows 2003 server and a solaris 10 running on sun's m5000 server. Note to pinoy43v3r: Your avatar was NSFW. We changed it. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinoy43v3r
5 Replies

7. Red Hat

DHCP Server address

Where can you find your DHCP Server address? I checked all of the files that this mentioned with no luck. Quick HOWTO : Ch08 : Configuring the DHCP Server - Linux Home Networking (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
6 Replies

8. IP Networking

DHCP server discover

I need a script to scan the surrounding DHCP servers. I want to know how many dhcp servers are there on my connected etnernet. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: getrue
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris DHCP Server

I need to find out the MAC address of an IP leased from DHCP server . For Eg:-i need to know the MAC of the below mentioned IP at the below mentioned time . IP : 172.16.28.90 Date :Sunday July 2nd 2011 Time : 14.07.2011 OS -Solaris 10 Vital QIP IP management software using to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandeep.tk
0 Replies

10. Ubuntu

Set up a Ubuntu server as a FTP server

Hello, How can I set up a ubuntu server as a FTP server? Thanks, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Pouchie1
1 Replies
ltsp-config(8)						      System Manager's Manual						    ltsp-config(8)

NAME
ltsp-config - Configure certain parts of an LTSP server SYNOPSIS
ltsp-config TOOL [OPTION] DESCRIPTION
ltsp-config generates or updates configuration files for certain parts of an LTSP server, like lts.conf, the DHCP server, nbd-server etc. OPTIONS
dnsmasq Configure dnsmasq. --no-proxy-dhcp Don't enable proxyDHCP mode for detected subnets. isc-dhcp-server Configure isc-dhcp-server. lts.conf Create a sample lts.conf. nbd-server Configure nbd-server. Generic options for most tools: -d --directory A directory to search for configuration templates, in addition to "/usr/share/doc/ltsp-server/examples". -h --help The application help page. -l --language Preferred language for configuration files. -o --overwrite Overwrite existing configuration files. SEE ALSO
dnsmasq(8), dhcpd.conf(5), lts.conf(5), nbd-server(5) AVAILABILITY
ltsp-config is part of ltsp package and the latest versions are available in source form from https://launchpad.net/ltsp. MAN PAGE AUTHOR
Copyright 2012 Alkis Georgopoulos <alkisg@gmail.com>, distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License version 2 or any later version. 2012-05-28 ltsp-config(8)