Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Network Issue on virtual server Post 302958693 by rsheikh01 on Sunday 25th of October 2015 01:51:58 PM
Old 10-25-2015
Thank you for your time & interest in helping me.

VMwareŽ Player
7.1.2 build-2780323 (non commercial use)
*I wanted to get the 'normal' ESX/hypervisor* install but since I am a newbie re. virtual setup and its requirements I opted to start with this player.
*Virtual host is on Windows 7 Professional, 64-bit 6.1.7601, Service Pack 1 with 49 GB and 8 processors

To be honest, I have not done any network adapter setting or configuration I accepted default. BTW, when i was setting this virtual host, i used static IP address (I am able to log in to it and of course use it but not been able to join it to our DC server. The DC server could ping this virtual host but virtual host could not but for now I could live with it, the issue is the virtual guest nodes as now i have to give direct admin access to the virtual host and ask user to start the virtual guest node...ideally I would just like to give direct access to virtual guest and not have to give admin access....sorry got long winded whining, LOL).

One thing i noticed the guest node is using DHCP by default but its gateway using an IP that is not what our DC or non static IP uses. But now I am not sure where to prescribe correct gateway when DHCP is used since there is no place I know where to correct it.

Sucks to be a newbie.Smilie

You have my sincere thanks.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

SSH broke and network traffic / talking issue between hosts and server

Ok Time warner cable / voip modem feeding Cisco PIX 501 Wan port from PIX 501 LAN port to WAN port on Linksys wrt54GL wireless router. so -->Modem-->PIX 501-->WRT54GL-->Linux Server, wireless desktop, wireless laptop (2), Wireless MAC Pro, Wireless Apple TV, Wireless printer. my... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tedeansiii
0 Replies

2. IP Networking

ssh server is attachable from local network not from another network

hello i have a ubuntu ssh server that i can acess from any of my comnputers but only if they are on the same wireless network as the server. i tested trhis my tehtehring my samsung blackjack to my windows partition and installing openssh to windows it works when windows is on the wireless but no... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: old noob
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to see network speed of virtual linux machine?

After installing PV (Para virtual drivers) drivers I m not able to check the network speed of my Ethernet port. Please check the output of mii-tool and ethtool. # mii-tool eth0 SIOCGMIIPHY on 'eth0' failed: Operation not supported # ethtool eth0 Settings for eth0: Link... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinga123
2 Replies

4. Red Hat

CPU high - apache real server OK, virtual server not

Got two RHEL servers - one real and one virtual/cloud. Both run apache web server. When traffic is applied, CPU seems to go quite high on virtual one (20%) but real is not really affected. Worry is that a further increase in traffic will see a problem. Experience of RHEL is limited. Whats... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: psychocandy
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Network of Virtual machine not working

Hello, I have a problem. I have a server SPARC T3-1 with solaris 11 on the base. The server is working well. And then i did a virtual machine using again Solaris 11 to do this, but now my notwork on my virtual machine is not working anymore. There says that the network that i have created is... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: keziacp
11 Replies

6. Solaris

LDOM Solaris 11 add Network vsw (Virtual switch)

hello, I have a problem when configuring the network at the LDOM level, on a SPARC-Enterprise-T5120 machine The network goes through VLAN 503 (level, network tagget) And I need to give network to the guest domain: madarrwebsol10 I hope someone can bring some light .... Excuse my English ... ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wittman
4 Replies
ftpservers(4)							   File Formats 						     ftpservers(4)

NAME
ftpservers - FTP Server virtual hosting configuration file SYNOPSIS
/etc/ftpd/ftpservers DESCRIPTION
The ftpservers file is used to configure complete virtual hosting. In contrast to limited virtual hosting, complete virtual hosting allows separate configuration files to be specified for each virtual host. The set of configuration files for each virtual host are placed in their own directory. The ftpservers file associates the address of each virtual host with the directory its configuration files are stored in. The virtual host configuration files must be named: ftpaccess Virtual host's access file ftpusers Restricts the accounts that can use the virtual host ftpgroups Virtual hosts enhanced group access file ftphosts Allow or deny usernames access to the virtual host ftpconversions Customize conversions available from the virtual host You do not need to put every file in each virtual host directory. If you want a virtual host to use the master copy of a file, then do not include it in the virtual host directory. If the file is not included, the master copy from the /etc/ftpd directory will be used. The file names must match exactly. If you misspell any of them or name them differently, the server will not find them, and the server will use the master copy instead. The ftpaddhost utility is an administrative tool to configure virtual hosts. See ftpaddhost(1M). File Format There are two fields to each entry in the ftpservers file: address directory-containing-configuration-files For example: 10.196.145.10 /etc/ftpd/virtual-ftpd/10.196.145.10 10.196.145.200 /etc/ftpd//virtual-ftpd/10.196.145.200 some.domain INTERNAL When an FTP client connects to the FTP Server, in.ftpd(1M) tries to match the IP address to which the FTP client connected with one found in the ftpservers file. The address can be an IPv4 or IPv6 address, or a hostname. If a match is found, The FTP server uses any configuration files found in the associated directory. If a match is not found, or an invalid directory path is encountered, the default paths to the configuration files are used. The use of INTERNAL in the example above fails the check for a specific directory, and the master configuration files will be used. Either the actual IP address or a specific hostname can be used to specify the virtual host. It is better to specify the actual IP of the virtual host, as it reduces the need for a domain lookup and eliminates DNS security related naming issues, for example: 10.196.145.20 /etc/ftpd/config/faqs.org/ ftp.some.domain /etc/ftpd/config/faqs.org/ Lines that begin with a # sign are treated as comment lines and are ignored. FILES
/etc/ftpd/ftpservers ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWftpr | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |External | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ftpaddhost(1M), in.ftpd(1M), ftpaccess(4), ftpconversions(4), ftpgroups(4), ftphosts(4), ftpusers(4), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 1 May 2003 ftpservers(4)