Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Script requirement
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Script requirement Post 302958689 by Vinay_3308 on Sunday 25th of October 2015 12:00:19 PM
Old 10-25-2015
Script requirement

Please help in creating script for below requirement.

I will be running 1 command and will get below entries in a text file say file44.txt
Code:
DFDL1005 06:30 00:05
ABFL2003 10/22 01:10
CFTL1256 10/24 00:10

10/25 09:20 PM

Now I need a script to add column 2nd and column 3rd entries and compare it with current time(HH:MM format) and if it exceeds more than 15 min then I should get all such column A entries printed in email body.

2.)Column 2 has entries in HH:MM and MM/DD format. I want to take above action for entries in HH:MM format and want to print list of column A entries in a separate txt file if column 2nd entry(MM/DD format) is 1 day older than current date. Rest of the entries should be discarded
Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Please use CODE tags when displaying sample input, sample output, and code segments (as required by forum rules).

Last edited by Don Cragun; 10-25-2015 at 03:21 PM.. Reason: Add CODE and ICODE tags.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Required Shell script for My requirement

Hi All, I joined today in this forum to have all of your help. I have a Big requirement, pls. help me to resolve. I'm using HP-UX 11.23. I need a shell script for the following requirement. I have a file (nodes.txt) that contains 1000 nodes. I'm running the following command:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ntgobinath
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Requirement

I am trying to script and came up with a conclusion that I need a do while loop in my statement. I am stuck with the do while syntax. I need to use it alongwith the if then else statement. Can I use it is a big question? I actually need to get all the files that are there from within run_dt to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aronmelon
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk script with a urgent requirement

The Problem content is pin (AND1) { dir : output; cap : hot; tran: slew; } need to write a awk script which can search the Pin AND1 and then tran of the Group pin(AND1) and then insert the code from the file "insert_code" . insert_code file contents . It is a Big file the script should... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kshitij
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

complex requirement

i have a requirement to search a pattern1 and once the pattern1 is found i have to go up and search pattern2 and if pattern2 is found i have to search down for pattern3 and pattern4. once this cycle is compelted, again i have to search pattern1 and pattern2,3,4 i am able to do this by opening... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: tnvanathy23
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to write bash shell script for mentioned requirement?

Hi All, I am unable to write the script for the below requirement. Requirement: Main table dir_ancillary table contain three column "dir_ancillary.table_name"," dir_ancillary.text_file_name ", "dir_ancillary.Include" . This dir_ancillary contain undefined tables in the column... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vineeta Nigam
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX - requirement

Hi All, I have a source file with data Name ~ Groups Muni~abc,was,USA_ax,123 Chaitanya~USA_12,was Balaji~123,xyz,was Ramu~123,xyz From the second column i want to extract only the groups that matches the pattern 'USA_%' or if the group = 'was', and ignore any other columns. ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: morbid_angel
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help to write a script for the below requirement

Hi, I am not so familiar with shell Script but I have a task in hand. So, here it goes: There is a file details.txt in the server where the below details are stored: Name Country D M Acc.No. sameer India 30 july sscc-errttt-q random US 20 july pecc-ttt4-s Deb India 31... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: neel87
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Writing if condition in shell script and failing to do requirement

Hi, I am trying to edit the values in a file. For example i am trying to edit the value of "ABC" in a file by executing shell script. Please Note that ABC value can be there mulitple times or it may not be there in the file Conditions for it is 1. If ABC is less than 123 then it should... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: darling
14 Replies
Net::Sieve::Script::Action(3pm) 			User Contributed Perl Documentation			   Net::Sieve::Script::Action(3pm)

NAME
Net::Sieve::Script::Action - parse and write actions in sieve scripts SYNOPSIS
use Net::Sieve::Script::Action; $action = Net::Sieve::Script::Action->new('redirect "bart@example.edu"'); or $action = Net::Sieve::Script::Action->new(); $action->command('redirect'); $action->param('"bart@example.edu"'); DESCRIPTION
Action object for Net::Sieve::Script, with command and optional param. Support RFC 5228, RFC 5230 (vacation), regex draft METHODS
CONSTRUCTOR new Argument : "command param" string, parse valid commands from RFCs, param are not validate. command read command : "$action->command()" set command : "$action->command('stop')" param read param : "$action->param()" set param : "$action->param(' :days 3 "I am away this week."')" equals return 1 if actions are equals AUTHOR
Yves Agostini - Univ Metz - <agostini@univ-metz.fr> <http://www.crium.univ-metz.fr> COPYRIGHT
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of the license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. perl v5.10.0 2008-09-15 Net::Sieve::Script::Action(3pm)