Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Debian After saving a pic, gimp should not be launched Post 302958623 by IMPe on Saturday 24th of October 2015 04:10:41 AM
Old 10-24-2015
After saving a pic, gimp should not be launched

Hi,

i use a crunchbang-LINUX [please see systemdata at the end]. The Problem: When i download and save a picture, the system automaticaly launches gimp. i tried to find a config file, were i can switch of this "gimp-start," but unfortunatelly i didnt find it.
Code:
cat /etc/X11/default-display-manager
/usr/bin/slim

I'm also not sure, which desktop-manager is in operation; is it slim, openbox?
Can someone please help me, to avoiding the gimp-start?

Thanks in advance,
IMPe
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
System-data:
Code:
cat /proc/version
Linux version 3.2.0-4-amd64 (debian-kernel@lists.debian.org) (gcc version 4.6.3 (Debian 4.6.3-15) ) #1 SMP Debian 3.2.41-2

cat /etc/os-release 
PRETTY_NAME="Debian GNU/Linux 7.0 (wheezy)"
NAME="Debian GNU/Linux"
VERSION_ID="7.0"
VERSION="7.0 (wheezy)"
ID=debian
ANSI_COLOR="1;31"
HOME_URL="http://www.debian.org/"
SUPPORT_URL="http://www.debian.org/support/"
BUG_REPORT_URL="http://bugs.debian.org/"

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Please use CODE tags for sample input and output as well as for sample code segments.

Last edited by Don Cragun; 10-24-2015 at 06:47 PM.. Reason: Add CODE tags.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

is there a way to find out the tty from which the process is launched

Hi all, There is an application which can be launched once on our box and there are several suspected users telnet into the system with the same login ID. Is there a way that i can find out from which tty the application is launched? If so, i can get the user name from the "finger"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sleepy_11
1 Replies

2. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

where did you get your profile pic?

I like it! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jgentile
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Lastlog and launched process

Hello there, I "discovered" an interesting command lastlog, but I couldn't find, until now:cool:, if it's possible to get a list of the launched process by users and root during a certain of time... ...any idea would be really appreciated!!! Thanks in advance. Giordano Bruno (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Giordano Bruno
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

script run when executable is launched

I need to know how to have a BASH script run every time Firefox is launched, what is the simplest way to do this? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: glev2005
1 Replies

5. Solaris

SunFire v245 Environmental PIC micro controller fix

Hello All, We have a v245 that powered itself off for no reason. Searching around we discovered there is a bug were a temp error is being reported but doesnt actually exist, SUN released an EPIC update, the README is shown below but even after upgrading the ALOM to the latest v1.6.10 we do not... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wez
8 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Different ways in which applications are Launched.

How does X windows system launch a program? Does X give init a command (fork) or does x give BASH a command? Can/does X interact with init directly or does everything go through BASH? :wall: Thanks in advance! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: theKbStockpiler
4 Replies

7. Ubuntu

setting pic folder for wallpapers

Hi, If I have folder with many pics, and I would like to use that folder for my desktop. But I don't want a specific pic, I want to replace every set of time the pic from the pics in that folder. How can I do that? In ubuntu of course. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: programAngel
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pic a value from a line at runtime

BIP in report_one_acnt> **SUCCESSFUL** BILL 25895519 ACCOUNT 7615 hi i have a line above.. i need to pick the value 25895519 at runtime. this number can be of different length but the number will always appear in this this line. and between the words BILL and ACCOUNT **SUCCESSFUL**... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rafa_fed2
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wget help - unable to download pic

There is a website providing traffic camera images that gets updated every few minutes. My aim is to download the images over time to get a view of traffic conditions through the day. Website: CHECKPOINT.SG Image link, as taken from site source: http://www.checkpoint.sg/sg/2701 I tried... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Leion
2 Replies
GIMPTOOL(1)							 GIMP Manual Pages						       GIMPTOOL(1)

NAME
gimptool - perform various Gimpy functions SYNOPSIS
gimptool [--prefix[=DIR]] [--exec-prefix[=DIR]] [--version] [--help] [--quiet] [--silent] [-n] [--just-print] [--dry-run] [--recon] [--bindir] [--sbindir] [--libexecdir] [--datadir] [--sysconfdir] [--sharedstatedir] [--localstatedir] [--libdir] [--infodir] [--mandir] [--includedir] [--gimpplugindir] [--gimpdatadir] [--libs] [--libs-noui] [--cflags] [--cflags-noi] [--build plug-in.c] [--build-strip plug-in.c] [--install plug-in.c] [--install-strip plug-in.c] [--install-admin plug-in.c] [--install-bin plug-in] [--install-admin-strip plug-in.c] [--install-bin-strip plug-in] [--install-admin-bin plug-in] [--install-script script.scm] [--install-admin-script script.scm] [--uninstall-bin plug-in] [--uninstall-admin-bin plug-in] [--uninstall-script script.scm] [--uninstall-admin-script script.scm] DESCRIPTION
gimptool is a tool that can, among other things, build plug-ins or scripts and install them if they are distributed in one source file. gimptool can also be used by programs that need to know what libraries and include-paths Gimp was compiled with. This is especially useful in Makefiles. On Unix, gimptool is a script. On Windows, it is a program. They should be more or less compatible. This manual page describes the Unix script version. OPTIONS
gimptool accepts the following options: --version Print the currently installed version of Gimp on the standard output. --help Print out the help blurb, showing commonly used commandline options. --quiet Run quietly without echoing any of the build commands. --silent Run silently without echoing any of the build commands. Same as --quiet. -n Test mode. Print the commands but dont actually execute them. Useful for making dry runs for testing. --just-print Test mode. Print the commands but dont actually execute them. Same as -n. --dry-run Test mode. Print the commands but dont actually execute them. Same as -n. --recon Test mode. Print the commands but dont actually execute them. Same as -n. --bindir Outputs the bindir used to install the Gimp. --sbindir Outputs the sbindir used to install the Gimp. --libexecdir Outputs the libexecdir used to install the Gimp. --datadir Outputs the datadir used to install the Gimp. --sysconfdir Outputs the sysconfdir used to install the Gimp. --sharedstatedir Outputs the sharedstatedir used to install the Gimp. --localstatedir Outputs the localstatedir used to install the Gimp. --libdir Outputs the libdir used to install the Gimp. --infodir Outputs the infodir used to install the Gimp. --mandir Outputs the mandir used to install the Gimp. --includedir Outputs the includedir used to install the Gimp. --gimpdatadir Outputs the actual directory where the Gimp data files were installed. --gimpplugindir Outputs the actual directory where the Gimp plugins were installed. --build plug-in.c Compile and link plug-in.c into a Gimp plug-in. --build-strip plug-in.c Compile,link, and strip plug-in.c into a Gimp plug-in. --install plug-in.c Compile, link, and install plug-in.c into the user's personal Gimp plug-in directory ($HOME/.gimp-1.2/plug-ins) --install-strip plug-in.c Compile, link,strip, and install plug-in.c into the user's personal Gimp plug-in directory ($HOME/.gimp-1.2/plug-ins) --install-admin plug-in.c Compile, link, and install plug-in.c into the system-wide Gimp plug-in directory (/usr/lib/gimp/1.2/plug-ins) --install-bin plug-in Install plug-in into the user's personal Gimp plug-in directory ($HOME/.gimp-1.2/plug-ins) --install-admin-bin plug-in Install plug-in into the system-wide Gimp plug-in directory (/usr/lib/gimp/1.2/plug-ins) --install-bin-strip plug-in Install stripped plug-in into the user's personal Gimp plug-in directory ($HOME/.gimp-1.2/plug-ins) --install-admin-bin-strip plug-in Install stripped plug-in into the system-wide Gimp plug-in directory (/usr/lib/gimp/1.2/plug-ins) --install-script script.scm Install script.scm into the user's personal Gimp script directory ($HOME/.gimp-1.2/scripts) --install-admin-script script.scm Install script.scm into the system-wide Gimp script directory (/usr/share/gimp/1.2/scripts) --uninstall-bin plug-in Uninstall plug-in from the user's personal Gimp plug-in directory ($HOME/.gimp-1.2/plug-ins) --uninstall-admin-bin plug-in Uninstall plug-in from the system-wide Gimp plug-in directory (/usr/lib/gimp/1.2/plug-ins) --uninstall-script script.scm Uninstall script.scm from the user's personal Gimp script directory ($HOME/.gimp-1.2/scripts) --uninstall-admin-script script.scm Uninstall script.scm from the system-wide Gimp script directory (/usr/share/gimp/1.2/scripts) --libs Print the linker flags that are necessary to link a Gimp plug-in. --libs-noui Print the linker flags that are necessary to link a Gimp plug-in, for plugins that do not require the GTK libs. --cflags Print the compiler flags that are necessary to compile a Gimp plug-in. --clags-noui Print the compiler flags that are necessary to compile a Gimp plug-in for plugins that do not require the GTK libs. --prefix=PREFIX If specified, use PREFIX instead of the installation prefix that Gimp was built with when computing the output for the --cflags and --libs options. This option is also used for the exec prefix if --exec-prefix was not specified. This option must be specified before any --libs or --cflags options. --exec-prefix=PREFIX If specified, use PREFIX instead of the installation exec prefix that Gimp was built with when computing the output for the --cflags and --libs options. This option must be specified before any --libs or --cflags options. ENVIRONMENT
GTK_CONFIG to get the location of the gtk-config program. CC to get the name of the desired C compiler. CFLAGS to get the preferred flags to pass to the C compiler for plug-in building. DESTDIR to add a prefix to the install/uninstall path. LDFLAGS to get the prefered flags for passing to the linker. LIBS for passing extra libs that may be needed in the build process. For example, LIBS=-lintl . GTK_CONFIG path to the gtk-config shell script used by gimptool and in the build process of many gtk apps. SEE ALSO
gimp(1), gimprc(5), gimp-remote(1), gtk-config(1) AUTHORS
gimptool was written by Manish Singh (yosh@gimp.org) and based on gtk-config by Owen Taylor (owen@gtk.org). This man page was written by Ben Gertzfield (che@debian.org), and tweaked by Manish Singh (yosh@gimp.org), Adrian Likins (adrian@gimp.org) and Marc Lehmann (pcg@goof.com>). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1998 Owen Taylor and Manish Singh Permission to use, copy, modify, and distribute this software and its documentation for any purpose and without fee is hereby granted, pro- vided that the above copyright notice appear in all copies and that both that copyright notice and this permission notice appear in sup- porting documentation. Version 1.2.3 26 June 2001 GIMPTOOL(1)