Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Arithmetic on a Float in bash Post 302958599 by Scrutinizer on Friday 23rd of October 2015 03:23:59 PM
Old 10-23-2015
Not sure what you mean. Something like this maybe?
Code:
answer=$(((${number%.*}-20)/10*10))

or
Code:
answer=$(((${number%.*}/10-2)*10))

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

math.h: float ceilf(float x)

Good morning, I'm testing the use of ceilf: /*Filename: str.c*/ #include <stdio.h> #include <math.h> int main (void) { float ceilf(float x); int dev=3, result=0; float tmp = 3.444f; printf("Result: %f\n",ceilf(tmp)); return 0; } (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jonas.gabriel
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

float input

how to input float data type in bash shell programming in linux? I am new to it so unaware to use the commands plz help me out. thank you. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: purva
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help is manipulating a file with some arithmetic operations using bash script

Friends, I have a file with contents like: interface Serial0/4/0/0/1/1/1/1:0 encapsulation mfr multilink group 101 Now I need to manipulate the file in such a way that to all the numbers less than 163, 63 gets added and to all numbers greater than 163, 63 gets deducted.(The numbers... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shrijith1
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Arithmetic operations in bash,ksh,sh

Guys, The below expression is valid in which shells (sh,ksh,bash,csh)? VAR1=2 VAR2=$(($VAR1 -2)) Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rprajendran
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

float to normal

I have a file with 2 columns . One of the line looks like the following. Is it possible to convert every float no in column 2 to integer. input NM_032881 6.03787973608527e-05 output 0.0000603787..... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: quincyjones
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Random float numbers in BASH

Hi people :) I'm learning shell scripting using bash and I want to generate 4 floating point number with 5 decimal places and write them to a file and a variable. I've done all this except the $RAMDOM enviroment variable does not generate a float number but a integrer. I hope you could... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pharaoh
3 Replies

7. Red Hat

What is float IP?

:confused:We have two servers one active and one stand by as follows Active 202.61.9.9 Stand by 202.61.9.10 Float IP 202.61.9.8 What is use of this float IP? How it is configured? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Arithmetic calculations in bash file

I have 2 numbers xmin = 0.369000018 xmax = 0.569000006 and want to calculate (xmax- xmin) / 5.0 I have tried using $(( )) but is always giving an error (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash arithmetic issue

I found the following issue by simply increasing a variable. The ((A++)) expression returns an error, the other expressions both return 0. Does anyone know why? script.sh: #! /bin/bash A=0 B=0 C=0 ((A++)) ; echo "${?}" ((B=B+1)) ; echo "${?}" ((C+=1))... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: elbrand
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Arithmetic with bash

I need to divide the number of white spaces by total number of characters in a file using bash. I am able to get the number of white spaces correctly using: tr -cd < afile | wc -c I am also able to get the total number of characters using: wc -c afile How do I divide the first... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ngabrani
2 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)